ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) application - some concerns/questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jcs

Tier 1 (General) application - some concerns/questions

Post by jcs » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:10 am

I am planning to apply under the Tier 1 (General) category in April '08 from India. I have some concerns/questions.

1. My current employer had filed for my UK work permit (restricted) a couple of months ago. I had also got the WP approval for that more than a month back. But business plans have changed since then and I am not travelling now. Will this affect in any way on my Tier 1 application?

2. What is the timeframe that the Tier 1 (General) approval would take?

3. Is there any time period restriction after getting the approval and EC before making the move to UK?

4. The other question I had is to do with the maintenance funds requirement. I was in the UK previously and so I am having an active UK bank account with the requisite funds. Can I show the statement of my UK bank account as proof for maintenance funds? Does it have to be stamped by the bank or a printout of the statement from my internet banking would suffice?

Thanks!

cooldude143

Re: Tier 1 (General) application - some concerns/questions

Post by cooldude143 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:16 pm

jcs wrote:I am planning to apply under the Tier 1 (General) category in April '08 from India. I have some concerns/questions.

1. My current employer had filed for my UK work permit (restricted) a couple of months ago. I had also got the WP approval for that more than a month back. But business plans have changed since then and I am not travelling now. Will this affect in any way on my Tier 1 application?

No Way buddy.

2. What is the timeframe that the Tier 1 (General) approval would take?
Its a new scheme, check in www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk for any guidelines.

3. Is there any time period restriction after getting the approval and EC before making the move to UK?
Once you get EC you can go anytime after the start date.suppose you granted from jun 2008 to jun 2011.you can go anytime during that period.

4. The other question I had is to do with the maintenance funds requirement. I was in the UK previously and so I am having an active UK bank account with the requisite funds. Can I show the statement of my UK bank account as proof for maintenance funds? Does it have to be stamped by the bank or a printout of the statement from my internet banking would suffice?
I am not sure about UK account part..anyone comment.
as per home office website you need to get letter from bank to confim.
Refer www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk for any clarifications.

Thanks!

vikt
Newly Registered

Post by vikt » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:38 pm

Regarding maitainace of funds,

you can show the internet statments..it is mentioned clearly in the guidance of tier1

I am not sure about the UK account. Even I am searching for this info as even I have a non-indianIAUD) account with the 800 GBP....throw some light on it if u can...

for internet statements:
clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• transactions covering the three month period;
• that there are sufficient funds present in the account
i.e. the balance must always be at least £800;
• the receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from
the account, where appropriate.
Internet statements are acceptable provided they contain the
above information.
Statements which simply show the balance in the account on
a particular day are not sufficient.

jcs

Maintenance funds and Past earnings

Post by jcs » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:21 am

If I see it logically, it makes sense to show an active UK savings/current account statement as that would be liquid and the most readily available funds that can be shown as evidence for maintenance when you will be in the UK. Please can someone come forward and give some guidance here?

The other question is to do with the evidence for Past Earnings. I plan to submit my last 12 months pay slips covering April '07 to March '08. However I will not be able to give the Income Tax return for this period as it falls exactly in the financial year period. Will this be an issue or matter of concern? Can someone guide here please?

nibbs08

Post by nibbs08 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:07 am

well jcs,
if u r showing the bank statements thn thre is no need to show IT documents,at least thats what I am doing

cheers