ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes in documentary evidence reqd. from HSMP to tier1?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fardeens

Changes in documentary evidence reqd. from HSMP to tier1?

Post by fardeens » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:17 pm

Hi – I am currently on a work permit and would like to apply for a tier1. Now I am very confused with a few documentary requirements in the tier1 guidance.

For age proof

It says your passport or travel document is evidence. I think under HSMP you needed a birth certificate or full driving licence for age proof.

So is a passport proof enough now for age proof?

For English Test

The online tool says I can use my qualification for proof of English. Evidence required degree certificate. Earlier we needed a letter confirming the course was taught in English and was a bachelor level course.

So do I need a letter as well now or just my degree is enough as the online tool says I can use my master’s degree certificate from my university as proof of English?

Education
Also the online tool does not give my exact degree, but has an option of selecting from my university, Masters and then the subject. My degree is “Masters in Software Systemsâ€

fardeens

Post by fardeens » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:49 pm

Could someone please reply to my queries? Also is there a caseworkers manual for tier1?

topoftheworld

Post by topoftheworld » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:31 pm

Guys,

Good News !!

One of my mates called up BIA and they have confirmed that if the points based calculator (Self Assessment Tool on the BIA website) is recognizing that your degree has been taught in English, then you do not need to take the IELTS test.
All you need is the degree certificate from your college.

Isn't it a great relief to many of us !!

Three Cheers !!

fardeens

Post by fardeens » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:38 pm

topoftheworld wrote:Guys,
All you need is the degree certificate from your college.
So does that mean we don’t even need a letter saying it was taught in English from university? If that is the case, it is good news. I was just wondering how to get the letter from the university and that was one of the reasons I had not applied for HSMP

fardeens

Post by fardeens » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:00 pm

Could some please reply to my queries?

arunhsmp
Newly Registered

English Letter

Post by arunhsmp » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:10 am

Fardeens,

You would still require the letter from the Univ stating that the degree was taught in English that is a must! The point based system is still the same as the old HSMP - you would still require the same evidence. For age you definitely need Birth Certificate or Driving License (either UK or your native country one), passport would not work.

arunhsmp
Newly Registered

mini ISA

Post by arunhsmp » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:13 am

You can use your Mini ISA - as long as you have £2800 showing as credit balance on the account. You can also show Mini ISA + Current account suming to £2800 or more.

captor
Newly Registered

Post by captor » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:21 am

Hi
I'm planning to switch from 1+3 to Tier 1 next month.
My IELTS is older than 2 years as I had to do it when i did my PLAB test.
I understood that under the previous rule the expired IELTS certificate (older than 2 year) was accepted from existing HSMP applicant as a proof of english. and I knew many people got their visa through this route.

The question is : Under the new (Tier 1 ) rule, will the expired IELTS be accepted from people who are currently under HSMP visa ? or do I have to retake the IELTS AGAIN !!! after living in this country for 6 years Now !!!!?
I have read the rules and it doesn't stat that the IELTS should not be more than 2 years . it just says pass english test.!!

Thank you for your help

fardeens

Re: mini ISA

Post by fardeens » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:39 am

arunhsmp wrote:You can use your Mini ISA - as long as you have £2800 showing as credit balance on the account. You can also show Mini ISA + Current account suming to £2800 or more.
I thought it was 800

fardeens

Re: English Letter

Post by fardeens » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:51 am

arunhsmp wrote:Fardeens,

You would still require the letter from the Univ stating that the degree was taught in English that is a must! The point based system is still the same as the old HSMP - you would still require the same evidence. For age you definitely need Birth Certificate or Driving License (either UK or your native country one), passport would not work.
Could the experts please comment on this, as the guidance I am reading mentions nothing about letter or birth certificate?

WoodieG
BANNED

Re: English Letter

Post by WoodieG » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:18 pm

arunhsmp wrote:Fardeens,

If you're going to come on here making statements get your facts right!

The HO do not need a birth cert or driving license under the new Tier 1 (General). The application now includes the Leave to Remain application so they need the passport to put the visa in, as a result the applicant's passport is acceptable as proof of age.
________
The cigar boss
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fardeens

Re: Changes in documentary evidence reqd. from HSMP to tier1

Post by fardeens » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:17 am

From what I have learned from different sources, I just thought I would mention it here so in case anyone else wants to correct me or benefit from it.

For age proof

It says your passport or travel document is evidence. I think under HSMP you needed a birth certificate or full driving licence for age proof.

So is a passport proof enough now for age proof?

Yes passport is the only document needed

For English Test

The online tool says I can use my qualification for proof of English. Evidence required degree certificate. Earlier we needed a letter confirming the course was taught in English and was a bachelor level course.

So do I need a letter as well now or just my degree is enough as the online tool says I can use my master’s degree certificate from my university as proof of English?

If your degree appears in the online tool, you dont need a letter

Education
Also the online tool does not give my exact degree, but has an option of selecting from my university, Masters and then the subject. My degree is “Masters in Software Systemsâ€

nibbs08

regarding maintenence

Post by nibbs08 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:31 pm

Guys
after going thru the guidence & immigraton rule for maintenance,
regarding bank statements-there should be regular withdrawal & deposit from ur account.
cheers

fardeens

Re: regarding maintenence

Post by fardeens » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:40 am

nibbs08 wrote:Guys
after going thru the guidence & immigraton rule for maintenance,
regarding bank statements-there should be regular withdrawal & deposit from ur account.
cheers
What does it mean? I have an ISA account that has enough funds but haven't withdrawn or deposited into it for almost a year now. So there wont be any regular withdrawals or deposits except for the monthly interest. Can I not use this?

nibbs08

mate!!!

Post by nibbs08 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:01 am

dear friend thre is no need for excitation,u r at the same recieving end as I am,& I was just sayin whts written in the rules n guidance,

cheers

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:05 am

Hi,
Am planning to apply EC from india after Apr 2008.
I do have bank acocunt in UK. In which i do have the balance amount of £3000, but there is no transactions(deposit / withdrawals) for the past 3 months. Will they consider this bank statement if we apply EC from India after april?

nibbs08

Post by nibbs08 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:11 am

again mate am not an expert,best thin wud be to ask BIA
cheers :)

meenu
Newly Registered

Post by meenu » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi!,
can somebody please tell me whether a certificate from college(it is a reputed engineering college) is sufficient as a proof for englsh proficiency or do we need a certificate from university?

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:33 pm

Meenu,
As per my experience, the letter for english language proof has to be from the university and not from the institute.

nibbs08

Post by nibbs08 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:13 am

HSMP1412
I don't think thts true, as long as the certificate says under which University the course has been done,it should be fine.I knw thts what people have done from my institute

cheers

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:01 pm

Thanks for the correction nibbs08. If people have used a letter from the institute and successfully obtained approvals then I guess the letter can be from either of the 2.