ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work from home while abroad

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Dasistfact

Work from home while abroad

Post by Dasistfact » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:14 pm

During my time on Tier 2 visa I had few days something like 4 or 5 during the whole period when I was working from home while I was abroad. It was either agreed with management or it was due to the canceled or delayed flight.
Now I'm about to apply for ILR and my employer needs to fill absence from the UK form. Shall HR write work from home as a purpose of absence or something else? Could it potentially somehow raise questions from Home Office or be a reason for not granting ILR?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Work from home while abroad

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:26 pm

How can you have been 'working from home' when you were outside of the UK during that time? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:49 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:26 pm
How can you have been 'working from home' when you were outside of the UK during that time? :idea:
Using remote access. The question was not about how I managed to work remotely

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:52 pm

My point was that your employer can hardly explain your absence by stating that you were working from home. You were working remotely from outside of the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:52 pm
My point was that your employer can hardly explain your absence by stating that you were working from home. You were working remotely from outside of the UK.
Can it be a problem when applying for ilr? It happened couple of times due to flight delays or between winter holidays

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Employer can write that I was working remotely, of it is better

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:00 pm

Dasistfact wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:56 pm
In my opinion, yes. Assuming you haven't exceeded the 180 day absence limit, I can't see there would be an issue with your ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:23 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:00 pm
Dasistfact wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:56 pm
In my opinion, yes. Assuming you haven't exceeded the 180 day absence limit, I can't see there would be an issue with your ILR.
Ok, thanks. I didn't exceed 180 days. Think that employer can write that I worked remotely easily.