ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relocation from UK by Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Andrei_B
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Relocation from UK by Tier 2

Post by Andrei_B » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:41 pm

Hello,

I work in UK by Tier 2 General visa for global company. There is business need to send me to Japan headoffice of my company for 1 year. So I will work for same company but in another country.

What will be with my UK Tier 2 visa?What is the best way to arrange my return to UK properly?

Please help me to find some information..

Haryho
Cameroon

Re: Relocation from UK by Tier 2

Post by Haryho » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:06 pm

Andrei_B wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:41 pm
Hello,

I work in UK by Tier 2 General visa for global company. There is business need to send me to Japan headoffice of my company for 1 year. So I will work for same company but in another country.

What will be with my UK Tier 2 visa?What is the best way to arrange my return to UK properly?

I'm not sure you can work in a different country with Tier 2 as it's no longer a UK immigration issue, so you'll have to apply for Japan's Tier 2 equivalent visa.
Even though you're with the same company, but it's not the same country!

Haryho
Cameroon

Post by Haryho » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:06 pm

Andrei_B wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:41 pm
Hello,

I'm not sure you can work in a different country with Tier 2 as it's no longer a UK immigration issue, so you'll have to apply for Japan's Tier 2 equivalent visa.
Even though you're with the same company, but it's not the same country!

Andrei_B
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by Andrei_B » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:48 pm

Thank you for your response.

Sure, I understand that for Japan I will apply fir new visa. I have no question regard Japan visa.

My question is regard UK visa. Will it be valid after my return? Maybe I must stop it before relocation? I can't find anything about this situation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Once you stop working in the UK, your sponsor is obliged to inform HO and your visa will be curtailed/cancelled. You will then only be able to apply for a Tier 2 General visa 12 months after you have left the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.