ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) or FLR(M) difference

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aayan
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

FLR(FP) or FLR(M) difference

Post by Aayan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi dear,

Thanks admin for being a member of this site. I need a bit help about my visa application. My husband will apply for SET(LR) this January 2018. I have a baby 2 years. We haven't applied for his visa anymore. However, my question is:

1) Which application form should I use, FLR(M) or FLR(FP)?
2) What's the difference between FLR(M) and FLR(FP)
3) Can I show my English test and 6 months income after submitting my application?

I came to UK Feb 2015. My husband is Entrepreneur Tier1 and will be eligible to apply 10 years route SET(LR) in January 2018. But, he didn't maintain £18,400 income for 6 months for me and I haven't done my English test yet.

Please, mentors, give me a reply according to my situation. It will be really helpful for me. Thanks again
:( :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(FP) or FLR(M) difference

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:42 pm

1) Which application form should I use, FLR(M) or FLR(FP)?
FLR(M) if you meet the annual salary of £18,600pa (note that it is not about having this balance in the bank account).
2) What's the difference between FLR(M) and FLR(FP)
FLR(M) is a 5 year route to ILR and you need English A1 and the financial requirement salary of £18,600pa or £1,550pm.
FLR(FP) is a 10 year Partner route before you can apply for ILR and there might not be an income requirement.
3) Can I show my English test and 6 months income after submitting my application?
If you apply for FLR(M), you must submit English test and 6 months income at the time of application and NOT at a later date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aayan
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Aayan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks, CR001
Your answers are exactly what I need to understand. But,
"FLR(FP) is a 10-year Partner route before you can apply for ILR and there might not be an income requirement".
Before you can apply for ILR
what does it mean? Just mention again, My husband will apply SET(LR) in January 2018 as 10 Years Route. I am planning to get English Test and Income £18600 will not be ready for at least 6 months by application time January 208. My solicitor, advice us FLR(M) for me though requirements are not fulfilled. He will post English test certificate and Income evidence later, not with the application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:12 pm

When does your visa expire?

How long have you been in the UK?

If you apply on form FLR(M), you should submit all the evidence with your application otherwise you risk refusa for not meeting the financial and English requirement.

If you do not meet the requirements, you need to complete FLR(FP) instead 10 year partner route, which is 4 x 2.5 year visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aayan
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Aayan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:54 am

Hi CR001, really appreciated your quick response. My details are as below:

* My husband came in UK 20/01/2008 as student then PSW, Entrepreneur
* I came in UK 14/02/2015 as Entrepreneur Dependent
* I have a 2 years age baby

My husband will apply through the post for SET(LR) about 23/12/2017 for 10 years route. Unfortunately, we didn't have the clear concept about income & English test requirements for my application that we just knew this month. Now, my solicitor says, FLR(M) without documents and will send later while it will be ready. It will not be the problem.

However,
1)is there any way to change FLR(FP) to FLR(M) for 5 years indefinite leave to remain, after get the FLR(FP) visa?
2) How long FLR(FP) takes for indefinite leave to remain for me as I came 14/02/2015.

Thanks a lot CR001.