ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baigbaig
Pakistan

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by baigbaig » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:19 am

baigbaig wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:33 am
aboveandbeyond wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:17 pm
bs134 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:48 am
baigbaig wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:00 am

Hi Dear,

I also dont understand what does it mean to historic photos maybe they wanted naked photos that will be very historic in my point of view and this is after 7 months before that they sleeping.

Really sad to hear that you wait for the appeal 1 year i cant wait even a month if its took long like yours i will not appeal.

Second if i appeal can i travel to any other country for visit or job like UAE.Oman etc..if u have any information please share here. Thanks
Please, can you share your refusal letter? We may help you; as your refusal reason 'photos not historic' has no legal standing as per EEA law.

Regards
Baber
Hi Baber,

Interesting to know that you can help. Would love to see if you can help more people in the Pakistan region.

Thanks,

A&B

Hi baber,

I tried to upload refusal letter but I couldn't I don't know how to upload guide me I will upload here my refusal letter.

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:41 am

Try to upload again message come up file is too large the file size is 321kb only

Mdf74813
Newly Registered

Post by Mdf74813 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:46 am

Arrived in London safely. Though I was detained for an hour for further checks

Mihai
Newly Registered

Post by Mihai » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:07 am

Dear ****,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF0xxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 11/2/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Finally after 140 working days or so.... Don't have high hopes do after what answer baig got. I will update you once my wife takes the decision. Good luck guys and don't lose hope!!

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:23 am

yanaveron wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:15 pm
Hi everybody,
Want to share my last news... Today my husband contacted the MP( by the way MP for our location is Theresa May), so he has spoken with her assistant... She contacted the HO and the processing time for EEA family permit is 6 months by law and if the case is not straightforward it can take even more, literally NOTHING can be done in order to escalate the case before 6 months pass, so all that escalations are waste of time and money, not Solvit not any complaints can help unless 6 months pass. MP can do something only after 6 months pass.
Where does it state that it is 6 months? Is this written somewhere in european law? on their website? in the policy? This is a joke this process

Which law states this? Where does it say MPs can do something after 6 months?

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:45 am

europehelpme wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:23 am
yanaveron wrote:
Hi everybody,
Want to share my last news... Today my husband contacted the MP( by the way MP for our location is Theresa May), so he has spoken with her assistant... She contacted the HO and the processing time for EEA family permit is 6 months by law and if the case is not straightforward it can take even more, literally NOTHING can be done in order to escalate the case before 6 months pass, so all that escalations are waste of time and money, not Solvit not any complaints can help unless 6 months pass. MP can do something only after 6 months pass.
Where does it state that it is 6 months? Is this written somewhere in european law? on their website? in the policy? This is a joke this process

All these our MP said. She saye MPs can get involved only after 6 months pass, as the processing time for this kind of visa is 6 months ( have no idea where its written)

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:54 am

Mihai wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:07 am
Dear ****,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF0xxxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 11/2/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Finally after 140 working days or so.... Don't have high hopes do after what answer baig got. I will update you once my wife takes the decision. Good luck guys and don't lose hope!!
Good luck!!! Crossed fingers! Come back to us with good news!

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:10 am

yanaveron wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:45 am
europehelpme wrote:
yanaveron wrote:
Hi everybody,

All these our MP said. She saye MPs can get involved only after 6 months pass, as the processing time for this kind of visa is 6 months ( have no idea where its written)
Are they just making stuff up?

Where is 6 months written anywhere? Is it? Genuine question.

What law governs how long they can take? Can we be sitting here for the rest of our lives without passports?

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:32 am

In case if somebody needs again:

http://www.work-day.co.uk/

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Hello Everyone!!

I am a NON EEA family member applied for my mother as a Dependent from Pakistan! we submitted all the documents and they scanned returned the originals! but we forgot to take the copies with us ? does it make any difference now as applied on 20th Oct 2017.and we only received one email from Sheffield

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

can anyone tell what next ?

calija777
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by calija777 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I have received 2 answers today.
From my MP:
Dear calija777,

Thank you for contacting my office in regards to your spousal visa on the basis of EEA Family Permit. I have contacted the Home Office on your behalf to pursue this matter.

As soon as I receive an update from the Home Office. I will be in touch.

I hope this is of assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require further assistance on this or any other matter.

Kind regards,

From my Romanian SOLVIT:
Good afternoon,

The details of your case have been sent to the UK SOLVIT center. After accepting your case, SOLVIT UK will become the responsible center with contacting the competent authority and trying to find a solution for your problem (in maximum 10 weeks according to SOLVIT procedures). As soon as we receive any updates regarding your case, we will contact you.

Kind regards,

I will keep you updated.
Last edited by calija777 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:04 pm

Mdf74813 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:46 am
Hello mate

For 1 hour? Did they interview you there?

Regards

darkhadou
Newly Registered

Post by darkhadou » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:19 pm

hi everyone I'm in the same boat like most of you on here applied on the 15th august 2017, received at UKVI next day, not straightforward email 4th September 2017, received another not straightforward email 31st Oct 2017 which I find really weird. no luck till now😔, this waiting is really draining

Oliver12
Newly Registered
India

Post by Oliver12 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:02 pm

aarshad01 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:06 pm
Hello Everyone!!

I am a NON EEA family member applied for my mother as a Dependent from Pakistan! we submitted all the documents and they scanned returned the originals! but we forgot to take the copies with us ? does it make any difference now as applied on 20th Oct 2017.and we only received one email from Sheffield

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Hi
You might receive a email saying ur application is not straight forward

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:17 pm

calija777 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:02 pm
Hi everyone,

I have received 2 answers today.
From my MP:
Dear calija777,

Thank you for contacting my office in regards to your spousal visa on the basis of EEA Family Permit. I have contacted the Home Office on your behalf to pursue this matter.

As soon as I receive an update from the Home Office. I will be in touch.

I hope this is of assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require further assistance on this or any other matter.

Kind regards,

From my Romanian SOLVIT:
Good afternoon,

The details of your case have been sent to the UK SOLVIT center. After accepting your case, SOLVIT UK will become the responsible center with contacting the competent authority and trying to find a solution for your problem (in maximum 10 weeks according to SOLVIT procedures). As soon as we receive any updates regarding your case, we will contact you.

Kind regards,

I will keep you updated.
Hi... after contacting MP how long will it take for him to get the reply??

calija777
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by calija777 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi Ranjuraj2026,
It took 4 working days to receive a reply.
But he replied only on my second email and didn't reply to my first email 2 weeks ago.
And from his email it is unclear when UKVI will answer to him.

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:56 pm

Oliver12 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:02 pm
aarshad01 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:06 pm
Hello Everyone!!

Hi
You might receive a email saying ur application is not straight forward
Thanks for youre reply. Oliver and what about the photocopies which we didnt submit with the passport as they only took originals,scanned and returned

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:07 pm

calija777 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:46 pm
Hi Ranjuraj2026,
It took 4 working days to receive a reply.
But he replied only on my second email and didn't reply to my first email 2 weeks ago.
And from his email it is unclear when UKVI will answer to him.
Thanks for ur reply calija... tomo my husband is goin to meet MP... hope somethin gud will happen atleast then....

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:59 pm

yanaveron wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:45 am
europehelpme wrote:
yanaveron wrote:
Hi everybody,

This is not actually true. This is a non settlement Visa which does not have a legal processing time of 6 months. EU law states that any time beyond 4 weeks is unreasonable. Shocking but unsurprising that Theresa May does not care about the EU law.

EU Law as according to Directive 2004/38/EC and (3. EUN2.3 Guidance):

Priority must be given to applications for EEA family permits.
2.2.1. Entry visas
As provided in Article 5(2), Member States may require third country family members moving with or joining an EU citizen to whom the Directive applies to have an entry visa.
Such family members have not only the right to enter the territory of the Member State but also the right to obtain an entry visa. This distinguishes them from other third country nationals, who have no such right.
Third country family members should be issued as soon as possible and on the basis of an
accelerated procedure with a free of charge short-term entry visa. By analogy with Article 23 of the Visa Code19, the Commission considers that delays of more than four weeks are not reasonable.

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:45 am

Hi,

I want to apply visa to poland as a spouse anybody knows the process. thanks

regard
baig

Mdf74813
Newly Registered

Post by Mdf74813 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:07 am

Bollox wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:04 pm
Mdf74813 wrote:
Hello mate

Regards
No interview. The Immigration Officer vanished for an hour to do his checks. He came back with my passport stamped saying it's all good.
Guys can I complain so that this harassment doesn't occur again? If yes, where can I ?

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:38 am

Mdf74813 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:07 am
Bollox wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:04 pm
Mdf74813 wrote:
Hello mate

Regards
No interview. The Immigration Officer vanished for an hour to do his checks. He came back with my passport stamped saying it's all good.
Guys can I complain so that this harassment doesn't occur again? If yes, where can I ?

This is the scariest thing I have read on this forum till now :(
They are not even sure about the paperwork after a waiting time of over six months when you've reached the country!
Congratulations on finally reaching your family Irfan. Good luck!
I am a week over 120 days now. Hoping for some response soon.

Simran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:39 am

baigbaig wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:45 am
Hi,

I want to apply visa to poland as a spouse anybody knows the process. thanks

regard
baig
You have already been asked on 22nd October not ask Poland spouse visa questions in this topic. Post in the Europe sub forum to ask the question please.
CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:10 pm
baigbaig wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:17 pm
Hi guys

We decided to withdraw our application it's no sense to wait more and waste time just like fool.

Anyone knows the application process to Poland as spouse visa if anyone know the procedure please share with us. Many Time Thanks

Regard
Baig
Please ask your other EU country questions in the europe-immigration-forum (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

njoseph

Post by njoseph » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:22 am

About 127 working days waiting time. I escalated again with information on my child birth and delays.
I got following reply which is similar to what I have received in the past. From this email, it does not seem to be from the visa contact center but not sure if it is from Sheffield visa center.
{{{{{
Regarding Visa Application: GWF?????????
For ??????

Thank you for your enquiry. Whilst I do have sympathy for your situation, we cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

However I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
DC

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
}}}}}}}}

Sincejan
Newly Registered

Post by Sincejan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:41 pm

Mihai wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:07 am
Dear ****,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF0xxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 11/2/2017 .

Can you please update us regarding EEA FP

Did you get it