ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baccus99

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by baccus99 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:01 am

Hi all,

from a technical standpoint, please bear in mind that the refresh rate of any web based search form is not instantaneous. Web servers will cache searches and will re-propose the same results without actually checking the underling database records.
This explains why you get an immediate return of your searches, in fact way too fast for any real-time system to interrogate via the web APIs over a wide set of records in a database and display results.
Personally I would not believe the "state of the art" technology used by HO or any other public sector entity.

So in a nutshell: be patient! You may receive a "DECIDED" the next time the web servers propagation takes place but it is not a system to be relied on entirely, so don't waste your time checking more than once daily.

My 2 cents!

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:18 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:45 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:54 pm
mrgs1 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:45 pm
Approvals have slowed a bit. There were updates frequently last couple of weeks now snails pace.
They are waiting for the applications they spilt the coffee all over to dry out :wink:
I find it amazing the thousands of applications monthly, where on earth is it all being stored? The physical storage area must be huge.
They would be better off offering an in person service like they do with ILR. My work paid for that for my ILR-amazing!

I would have paid double to have it processed the same day and for a lot of applications they have your info from your ILR anyway. It's something they should look into

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:23 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:18 pm
They would be better off offering an in person service like they do with ILR. My work paid for that for my ILR-amazing!

I would have paid double to have it processed the same day and for a lot of applications they have your info from your ILR anyway. It's something they should look into
It wouldn't work as HO have to do more extensive checks with a larger number of gov departments and how long that takes to get sent to HO often determines some of the reasons for delays.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Djawade
Newly Registered

Post by Djawade » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:01 pm

mo_1 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:49 pm
anyone checked their status online and got the word decided? seems like no one got approval since 27th of October I am starting to lose hope :(
I get the status decided on 22/10/17 still waiting , nothing has been received so frustrating

mo_1
Newly Registered

Post by mo_1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:22 pm

Djawade wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:01 pm

I get the status decided on 22/10/17 still waiting , nothing has been received so frustrating
That's what I meant I haven't heard anyone got approval for tow weeks , anxiety is my feeling now.. when did you apply mine was in July

Djawade
Newly Registered

Post by Djawade » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:26 pm

mo_1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:22 pm
Djawade wrote:

That's what I meant I haven't heard anyone got approval for tow weeks , anxiety is my feeling now.. when did you apply mine was in July

Applied 19 July , to be honest I’m very worried Tomorrow is gonna be exactly 10 working days!! I’m planing to contact them tomorrow

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:54 pm

Djawade wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:26 pm
mo_1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:22 pm
Djawade wrote:

Applied 19 July , to be honest I’m very worried Tomorrow is gonna be exactly 10 working days!! I’m planing to contact them tomorrow
They won't say anything until six months has passed I'm afraid.

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:11 pm

HI frinds , people getting approvals who applied in august as well.

i have applied 26 june 2017 . please friends any clues whats happening ., why is process not in systematic.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:24 pm

jayacpr wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:11 pm

i have applied 26 june 2017 . please friends any clues whats happening ., why is process not in systematic.
They don't process them in order like they say they do, they can't say it's because some are more straight forward than others as mine is the straight forward ever. I think they are swamped and its getting messy

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:25 pm

jayacpr wrote:

1 sheer demand in applications.
2 Caseworkers judgement.
3 Replies from Government departments for information.
4 Waiting for overseas information.
5 Lots of things can cause a problem, when six months are up you can contact them for possibly some information on your case.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:28 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:24 pm
jayacpr wrote:

They don't process them in order like they say they do, they can't say it's because some are more straight forward than others as mine is the straight forward ever. I think they are swamped and its getting messy
Something is going to break! They can't keep going like they are, the mountain of applications will get unmanageable, I'm very surprised none have been lost yet.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:33 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:25 pm
jayacpr wrote:

1 sheer demand in applications.
2 Caseworkers judgement.
3 Replies from Government departments for information.
4 Waiting for overseas information.
5 Lots of things can cause a problem, when six months are up you can contact them for possibly some information on your case.
The thing is if you have had ILR, they don't need to contact overseas for your educational information or your work for payment information. In fact the only additional thing they need to check as no convictions etc in the intervening period and that your travel dates are correct-so why the hold up?? Applications made off the back of a previous ILR one should be quicker, but they aren't.

mo_1
Newly Registered

Post by mo_1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:21 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:33 pm

The thing is if you have had ILR, they don't need to contact overseas for your educational information or your work for payment information. In fact the only additional thing they need to check as no convictions etc in the intervening period and that your travel dates are correct-so why the hold up?? Applications made off the back of a previous ILR one should be quicker, but they aren't.
Agree I don't understand what agencies they asked about my application and got that much delay some people got approval within 2 month , I already had my ILR I guess they already checked all things, I am starting to feel like thy are picky on the cases .. :evil:

abigail2
Newly Registered

Post by abigail2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:44 pm

- Applied via NCS + JCAP 31/05/17 (EU citizen)
- Biometrics done 16/6
- HO requested original documents 20/10
- HO reveived my documents via special delivery 23/10
- Citizenship approval letter arrived 2/11, dated 30/10...They sent the approval letter to me in my prepaid special delivery envelope that I provided for my documents. All my original documents were also returned in this envelope. 
- Online status as of now 2/11 still showing: AWAITING A DECISION
- Invitation to ceremony: waiting 
- passport: waiting

TOTAL WAITING TIME UNTIL APPROVAL: 5mns 2days

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:09 pm

mo_1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:21 pm
kirkerj wrote:

Agree I don't understand what agencies they asked about my application and got that much delay some people got approval within 2 month , I already had my ILR I guess they already checked all things, I am starting to feel like thy are picky on the cases .. :evil:
I do believe the moderators have mentioned that the rules for ILR and citizenship differ dramatically and what is acceptable for ILR is not for citizenship.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:22 pm

abigail2 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:44 pm
- Biometrics done 16/6
- Citizenship approval letter arrived 2/11, dated 30/10...They sent the approval letter to me in my prepaid special delivery envelope that I provided for my documents. All my original documents were also returned in this envelope. 

interesting news! Well after all. Congratulation!!
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:42 pm

softy monster wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:22 pm
abigail2 wrote:
- Biometrics done 16/6

I do believe someone else posted they had approval but online status said " Awaiting a decision" perhaps the status checker is offline?

abigail2
Newly Registered

Post by abigail2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:47 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:42 pm
softy monster wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:22 pm
abigail2 wrote:
- Biometrics done 16/6

I do believe someone else posted they had approval but online status said " Awaiting a decision" perhaps the status checker is offline?
Yea, you might be right, it doesn't seem to be working. I'll check the status again in the upcoming days and let you know if it changes.

k1w1
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by k1w1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Home Office received my application 9 May. In 1 week it will be 6 months since I applied. I have not heard anything from HO since I did my biometrics and my online status says "reference number not recognised". Assuming I don't hear anything from HO, any suggestions on what to do once the 6 months passes? Email / call them, or will they contact me? Is it worth making a Data Subject Access Request (under the Data Protection Act) for a copy of my file, or will that just antagonise them?

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 pm

k1w1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:56 pm
Home Office received my application 9 May. In 1 week it will be 6 months since I applied. I have not heard anything from HO since I did my biometrics and my online status says "reference number not recognised". Assuming I don't hear anything from HO, any suggestions on what to do once the 6 months passes? Email / call them, or will they contact me? Is it worth making a Data Subject Access Request (under the Data Protection Act) for a copy of my file, or will that just antagonise them?
If it's true someone got approval in just over a Month according to September timeline.

mo_1
Newly Registered

Post by mo_1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:23 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:09 pm
mo_1 wrote:
kirkerj wrote:

I do believe the moderators have mentioned that the rules for ILR and citizenship differ dramatically and what is acceptable for ILR is not for citizenship.
what's the difference I feel like they pick certain cases what agencies they ask is it different from IRL? don't think so O am all clean no conviension nothing they're chatting shi** about case are different wtf is is different sorry,,,, but everything they do for ILR they do for AN I believe it's just not worth, it used to take 4 weeks in 2010 I remember but now it's all getting politically motivated I know ... thank man

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:28 am

mo_1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:23 pm
mrgs1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:09 pm
mo_1 wrote:
kirkerj wrote:

what's the difference I feel like they pick certain cases what agencies they ask is it different from IRL? don't think so O am all clean no conviension nothing they're chatting shi** about case are different wtf is is different sorry,,,, but everything they do for ILR they do for AN I believe it's just not worth, it used to take 4 weeks in 2010 I remember but now it's all getting politically motivated I know ... thank man
They probably can't cope with the amount of applications and its chaos. Perhaps we will find out eventually like when they weren't performing correct criminal checks a few years ago. They seem to be able without accountability do what the hell they like hiding behind the protection of national security of the UK.

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:54 am

mrgs1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 pm
k1w1 wrote:
If it's true someone got approval in just over a Month according to September timeline.
I saw that too. Someone applied a week after me and this person has already had ceremony and passport in October. When I saw the citizenship as being from Mauritius, I leads me to think about 2 things:

1) Preference is given to Commonwealth countries (rightly so I think)

2) A tiny place like Mauritius with little population would be much quicker and less bureaucratic at returning searches and any additional info than let's say a much bigger country.

That may explain why!

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 am

baccus99 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:54 am
mrgs1 wrote:
k1w1 wrote:
I saw that too. Someone applied a week after me and this person has already had ceremony and passport in October. When I saw the citizenship as being from Mauritius, I leads me to think about 2 things:

2) A tiny place like Mauritius with little population would be much quicker and less bureaucratic at returning searches and any additional info than let's say a much bigger country.

That may explain why!
Well my wife is from South Africa that's commonwealth and were starting the 5 month. Perhaps Home affairs The South African HO equivalent haven't responded which is more than likely they are useless.

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:24 am

mrgs1 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 am
baccus99 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:54 am
mrgs1 wrote:
k1w1 wrote:

That may explain why!
Well my wife is from South Africa that's commonwealth and were starting the 5 month. Perhaps Home affairs The South African HO equivalent haven't responded which is more than likely they are useless.
Yeah I guess a lot has to do with the efficiency of the country of origin. I am Italian and I know it can take ages to get them to do anything!