ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bathanza

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by bathanza » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:26 pm

New on forum wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:41 pm
bathanza wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:55 pm
UPDATE: Solicitor has confirmed that the HO said there is an enormous backlog for in country and entry clearance partner routes so it's a waiting game.

For an additional cost, they can write a letter of claim. Not sure if this is the way forward as I don't know what this will do.

Would it be better to wait for a decision or take them to court for unreasonable waiting now? 14 months and counting. I'm thinking wait until it's 1.5 years then move forward.

Anyone's opinion welcomed.
What is letter of claim bathanza?

I have no idea. Think it's a complaint. I'm going to leave it for now and let them process the application and lower expectations. Matter might take years.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Itssohardwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by Itssohardwaiting » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:38 pm

AHMAD786 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Is it just to me no showing online update date on online check service or it’s same to every one cuz before on my case I’d it was showing last update 25 may now no update date at all
Yea checked mine Only shows ‘awaiting decision’ and the date has been removed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:53 am

A reminder to members that solicitor details etc is not to be shared or asked for and any abuse of the PM privilege and sending unsolicited PMs to members and your PM function will be/has been disabled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Himaloy2
Bangladesh

Post by Himaloy2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:09 am

My flr fp application 10 month now.how long take to conclude application any idea?cant work 1 year.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:56 pm

They can take as long as they wish due to complex cases. Will need to wait. Long time but wait

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

Obilino
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Obilino » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:55 am

Seriously, I think we all need to organise and contact a news programme on sky/BBC to enable us make this public. This whole issue is becoming ridiculous. This is modern day slavery as far as I am concerned. In this modern day, there is always an SLA for everything. Even as complex as BREXIT, they have a date of 2019. We can't keep our arms crossed and let this issue carry on like this. It has caused a lot of pain and suffering to families. Alot of people have got kids to look after and these kids are British citizens, how complex can that be. The home office provided documents to be presented and even after providing all the documents stated, it still takes an average of 11 months to get a decision. I just think they are bent on frustrating people and I would rather they provide an answer even it is a decline within 6 months than keep people waiting for over a year and still decline the visa. These people that their visas are being held don't have access to benefits, they can't work and yet they gave kids to look after. This is just wickedness and no regards to children's welfare as quoted in section 55 under the immigration act and section 11 of of the children's act. The home office has been breaking the law inder these acts but because we are migrants, they believe we are toothless and can't do anything about it. We need to collectively cry out, speak up for ourselves and make these go public. We haven't committed any crime and shouldn't be scared to speak up. Can we all come together and organise something please. If this is not blown in the open nothing will ever be done about it. Take an instance of what's happening in relation to sexual scandals in parliament. If this was not in the news, it wouldn't have been looked into. Like the British saying goes "You don't ask, you don't get"....

aliraza_23

Post by aliraza_23 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:54 am

Obilino wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:55 am
Seriously, I think we all need to organise and contact a news programme on sky/BBC to enable us make this public. This whole issue is becoming ridiculous. This is modern day slavery as far as I am concerned. In this modern day, there is always an SLA for everything. Even as complex as BREXIT, they have a date of 2019. We can't keep our arms crossed and let this issue carry on like this. It has caused a lot of pain and suffering to families. Alot of people have got kids to look after and these kids are British citizens, how complex can that be. The home office provided documents to be presented and even after providing all the documents stated, it still takes an average of 11 months to get a decision. I just think they are bent on frustrating people and I would rather they provide an answer even it is a decline within 6 months than keep people waiting for over a year and still decline the visa. These people that their visas are being held don't have access to benefits, they can't work and yet they gave kids to look after. This is just wickedness and no regards to children's welfare as quoted in section 55 under the immigration act and section 11 of of the children's act. The home office has been breaking the law inder these acts but because we are migrants, they believe we are toothless and can't do anything about it. We need to collectively cry out, speak up for ourselves and make these go public. We haven't committed any crime and shouldn't be scared to speak up. Can we all come together and organise something please. If this is not blown in the open nothing will ever be done about it. Take an instance of what's happening in relation to sexual scandals in parliament. If this was not in the news, it wouldn't have been looked into. Like the British saying goes "You don't ask, you don't get"....
I completery agree and I am with you whenever and whereever you need me. Glad that you are thinking in this way.

aliraza_23

Post by aliraza_23 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:55 am

I applied 7 Oct 2016 and now 03 November 2017 :(

Bencemia
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Bencemia » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:31 am

aliraza_23 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:55 am
I applied 7 Oct 2016 and now 03 November 2017 :(
I applied July and each month is getting harder and harder one wages is not enough survival of the fittest as they said i hope home office will realized that everyone's life is on hold waiting for decisions and it should not be like this really!

Olumba

Post by Olumba » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:30 am

Obilino wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:55 am
It quite unfortunate for home office and the government in general to be practising modern slavery by saying there is a complex cases. As this intelligent writer says,what is complexity in a case with documents to show.
Suggestion. To make our plight known to the public,BBC and sky news and some morning programmes has email addresses on their screen. Please let every one bombard them with email,Twitter ,Facebook . Let’s open it to the world the slavery modernisation they are practising. Like myself,despite I have pending application with 3kids and meeting some of the immigration rules,I was asked to be reporting every month. It is crazy,No income and I have to travel to report. I am ready to support this forum to anywhere. I hardly sleep . Very frustrating. My previous NHS has not been refunded after 6 months now. Home office is a disorganised entity with disorganised policy

doctorsholly

Post by doctorsholly » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:45 am

This is a great idea guys, I'm in with this idea, I suggest everyone involved should also write a physical petition which we will collate and a few of us will take the petitions to sky, BBC. We need to get as much as possible as we can, we need everyone to pour out their minds in this petition, I'm very sure this will change the HO approach towards FLR FP, and many generations to come who will be applying will not have to go through this mental torture that many of us are going through.

Papasee
Newly Registered

Post by Papasee » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:04 am

Yeah like I said in my previous post something needs to be done about this waiting time or at least they can let the applicant work whiles they wait for the application. We have a 3 year old British citizen but he’s not entitled to the 30 year funding because one of the parent doesn’t work. He’s losing out and not enjoying the benefit of even being a British citizen like other kids .

Obilino
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Obilino » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi guys, I have come up with a list and I urge everyone to take time and send their individual emails to the emails below which is not an exhaustive list.

(haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk) (Email: news@sky.com)
(Email: news.plan@sky.uk) (newsdesk@itvlondon.com) (centralnews@itv.com) (news@channel4.com)
*russian email addresses removed by moderator* *named email address removed by moderator*

Please include your details:
Name; email; telephone number; location - town/city and then your story - which is about the delays in FLR (FP) applications which is causing so much pain, mental stress, emotional and financial distress to families in the UK.

Explain in your comments details of how this has impacted on you in specific terms and the fact that it is a waiting game as home office disregards the impact these delays are having when considering individual applications. They don't consider the welfare of children when or couples as there is no alternative provided when their right to work is taken away from them when they have a valid application in place that has not been decided upon e.t.c. make it really clear.

Please use the 'BCC' option to send the email so you can copy all the email address provided in one go and the click of a button.

If anyone has any other contact email, please send to the forum as well.

This is a starting point. May God be with us all

Olumba

Post by Olumba » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:23 pm

Obilino wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:10 pm
Hi guys, I have come up with a list and I urge everyone to take time and send their individual emails to the emails below which is not an exhaustive list.

(haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk) (Email: news@sky.com)
(Email: news.plan@sky.uk) (newsdesk@itvlondon.com) (centralnews@itv.com) (news@channel4.com)
*russian email addresses removed by moderator* *named email address removed by moderator*

Please include your details:
Name; email; telephone number; location - town/city and then your story - which is about the delays in FLR (FP) applications which is causing so much pain, mental stress, emotional and financial distress to families in the UK.

Explain in your comments details of how this has impacted on you in specific terms and the fact that it is a waiting game as home office disregards the impact these delays are having when considering individual applications. They don't consider the welfare of children when or couples as there is no alternative provided when their right to work is taken away from them when they have a valid application in place that has not been decided upon e.t.c. make it really clear.

Please use the 'BCC' option to send the email so you can copy all the email address provided in one go and the click of a button.

If anyone has any other contact email, please send to the forum as well.

This is a starting point. May God be with us all
You are a qenius and well deserved person. I have copied all this out. I am writing all necessary as required today. Please guys let’s mKe sure mails hit them up quickly. This guy just gave us guideline. It is time to work on this.

Obilino
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Obilino » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:37 pm

Kindly add this to the list of emails (xxxxxxxxxxxxxx). It is thè contact for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BBC. She will be highly interested in stuff like this and will help us push our case.

Olumba

Post by Olumba » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:16 pm

Copied. More addition,if you have a British partner still with you,let him her spearhead the write up. It will be responded quickly,it will be escalated quickly .Support him or her in the write up. The onus of pains will be known much on British people around us ,I mean our partner and children. Let those without partner write the pains and torture they undergo as single parent.

Itssohardwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by Itssohardwaiting » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Olumba wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:16 pm
Copied. More addition,if you have a British partner still with you,let him her spearhead the write up. It will be responded quickly,it will be escalated quickly .Support him or her in the write up. The onus of pains will be known much on British people around us ,I mean our partner and children. Let those without partner write the pains and torture they undergo as single parent.
Nice one! It’s time we all did something about this, thanks for the info

access
Newly Registered

Post by access » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:39 am

It a slap on our faces as an immigrant, we all going through metal torture n modern slavery, we need to speak for future applicants n in generation to come, when a man can’t work to take good care of his family he’s useless, we all need to put our hands on deck to make this known to the public so they all know n the world at large!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:57 pm

This topic will be locked if the recent newly registered members continue to use it as a platform to incite a 'mob rule' action towards HO.

This is not the purpose of the forum or this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:57 pm
This topic will be locked if the recent newly registered members continue to use it as a platform to incite a 'mob rule' action towards HO.

CR001, whilst I agree with what you have said about the purpose of the forum, by no means this is not a mob rule but a forum/thread for people to share experiences. Perhaps a new thread with constructive agreement and action is better. I would like to ask this thread is not locked and time line post or updates to current cases are allowed. This is the only support that many members have and it would be a great shame to be left on our own, defeating the purpose of this community board.

To other members, please do calm yourselves, go to your MP and ask for escalation. There are many immigration related news on headlines, your MP is there for support and should you want to go public, ask for support rather than mess up your case and maybe for others.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:15 pm

bathanza wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:09 pm
CR001 wrote:

CR001, whilst I agree with what you have said about the purpose of the forum, by no means this is not a mob rule but a forum/thread for people to share experiences. Perhaps a new thread with constructive agreement and action is better. I would like to ask this thread is not locked and time line post or updates to current cases are allowed. This is the only support that many members have and it would be a great shame to be left on our own, defeating the purpose of this community board.

To other members, please do calm yourselves, go to your MP and ask for escalation. There are many immigration related news on headlines, your MP is there for support and should you want to go public, ask for support rather than mess up your case and maybe for others.
I agree with you, but this forum cannot be seen to be complicit in such matters. I am specifically referring to the 3 most recent members posting. We have this issue across other topics too and it becomes a nightmare to moderate and keep calm due to people becoming 'anonymous keyboard warriors'. If members wish to carry on like they are being hard done by HO, they need to find another platform for this anger.

Sharing experiences is fine, venting anger and posting to incite a 'public movement' and posting email addresses is not.

A reminder that most FLR(FP) applications are made by migrants who have no valid leave or are illegal/overstayers or those who have consistently used 'frivolous and vexatios' applications to 'extend' their time in the UK, so they will need to wait for as long as it takes for HO to conduct the checks and things that they need to do. Although we do understand the frustrations, particularly for these applications, members should exercise some common sense and restraint.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

access
Newly Registered

Post by access » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:19 pm

CR001, honestly I don’t agree with you, all comments on this platform are been constructively outlined, do you understand the stress n agony families are going through due to HO delayed? Am one of those who will not shy away from saying the truth, we are not criminals or neither committed any crime, we are meant to be dealt with, with all fairness if an applicant satisfies the criteria’s given by the HO n checks are being carried out n verified on the document provided six month is enough to get response not this long wait, I got kids who are looking up to me, it devastating/pains n makes someone feel worthless going through these, truth must be said!

Himaloy2
Bangladesh

Post by Himaloy2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:27 pm

Lisagibbson wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:59 pm
Hi my friend's FLR FP timeline
Applied in 15 February, 2017, Biometrics done in March,Visa granted on 10th October, 2017, Goodluck everyone :D
Is it extension or first.plz share ur time line or

Olumba

Post by Olumba » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:15 pm
bathanza wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:09 pm
CR001 wrote:

I agree with you, but this forum cannot be seen to be complicit in such matters. I am specifically referring to the 3 most recent members posting. We have this issue across other topics too and it becomes a nightmare to moderate and keep calm due to people becoming 'anonymous keyboard warriors'. If members wish to carry on like they are being hard done by HO, they need to find another platform for this anger.

Sharing experiences is fine, venting anger and posting to incite a 'public movement' and posting email addresses is not.

A reminder that most FLR(FP) applications are made by migrants who have no valid leave or are illegal/overstayers or those who have consistently used 'frivolous and vexatios' applications to 'extend' their time in the UK, so they will need to wait for as long as it takes for HO to conduct the checks and things that they need to do. Although we do understand the frustrations, particularly for these applications, members should exercise some common sense and restraint.
I quite agree. After so much thought I think we all need not take the bull by the horn. Sometimes frustration makes someone act stupidly. I think we need to go through the Mp and seek what next to be done.Our vengeance’s May be misinterpreted by the public and it may also have some negative impact on our application.
Please don’t let us jeopardise our waiting with our frustration. Although,it is not easy but God will see us through.

abi9504
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abi9504 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Good news! my online checking has finally turned to decided. I couldn't believe my eyes I had to check multiple times to make sure. I'm remaining positive of the outcome because my sister who applied two weeks after me picked up her 30 months extension today.
Here is an updated timeline:

Applied for a renewal (10 year route) based on private life
Application Received: 29/03/2017 (by post to Sheffield)
Visa Expired: 14/04/2017
Biometric letter received: 11/05/2017
Biometrics done: 17/05/2017
Online checking service says 'awaiting a decision' updated 11th September 2017
Decision update: 'Decided' 7th November 2017
Documents Received: Awaiting

This thread and the community has been really useful and helpful with me having hope for a good outcome. I wish everyone the best!!