ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 am

baccus99 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:24 am
mrgs1 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 am
baccus99 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:54 am
mrgs1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 pm
If it's true someone got approval in just over a Month according to September timeline.
I saw that too. Someone applied a week after me and this person has already had ceremony and passport in October. When I saw the citizenship as being from Mauritius, I leads me to think about 2 things:

1) Preference is given to Commonwealth countries (rightly so I think)

2) A tiny place like Mauritius with little population would be much quicker and less bureaucratic at returning searches and any additional info than let's say a much bigger country.

That may explain why!
Well my wife is from South Africa that's commonwealth and were starting the 5 month. Perhaps Home affairs The South African HO equivalent haven't responded which is more than likely they are useless.
Yeah I guess a lot has to do with the efficiency of the country of origin. I am Italian and I know it can take ages to get them to do anything!
I wonder if they would cancel application and refund the fee if a Government they were trying to obtain information from refused to disclose information on a person? Or would they make a decision with the facts they have already?

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:51 am

mrgs1 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 am
baccus99 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:24 am
mrgs1 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 am
baccus99 wrote:

I saw that too. Someone applied a week after me and this person has already had ceremony and passport in October. When I saw the citizenship as being from Mauritius, I leads me to think about 2 things:

2) A tiny place like Mauritius with little population would be much quicker and less bureaucratic at returning searches and any additional info than let's say a much bigger country.

That may explain why!
Well my wife is from South Africa that's commonwealth and were starting the 5 month. Perhaps Home affairs The South African HO equivalent haven't responded which is more than likely they are useless.
Yeah I guess a lot has to do with the efficiency of the country of origin. I am Italian and I know it can take ages to get them to do anything!
I wonder if they would cancel application and refund the fee if a Government they were trying to obtain information from refused to disclose information on a person? Or would they make a decision with the facts they have already?
I very much doubt it! Not only it costs over 4 times the cost of a German application/passport, somehow they can do it in very little time. German engineering at its best, LOL!

Ccdeboyz320
Newly Registered

Post by Ccdeboyz320 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 am

Hi,

Can someone please help ? My application status changed to DECIDED in early Oct but never received confirmation letter . I contacted UKBA and they advised it was dispatched on 18th Oct but still never received it. I called council and they already have my details so I booked the ceremony but they still need confirmation letter from home office. I saw in some threads that council managed to get the information and in some case UKVI resend the pack . In my case council is not willing to help and UKVI is very slow . Can someone please share similar experience?

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:26 am

baccus99 wrote:
mrgs1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 pm
k1w1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:56 pm
Home Office received my application 9 May. In 1 week it will be 6 months since I applied. I have not heard anything from HO since I did my biometrics and my online status says "reference number not recognised". Assuming I don't hear anything from HO, any suggestions on what to do once the 6 months passes? Email / call them, or will they contact me? Is it worth making a Data Subject Access Request (under the Data Protection Act) for a copy of my file, or will that just antagonise them?
If it's true someone got approval in just over a Month according to September timeline.

That may explain why!
I don't think so, I am not the only Kiwi waiting and I have seen SA people waiting as well. NZ has 5 million people so isn't exactly large. Also NZ is known as being highly efficient so if contacted they would have responded. From the approvals I have seen I think they are processing applications that tick certain ethnic boxes, they are playing a political game.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:30 am

k1w1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:56 pm
Home Office received my application 9 May. In 1 week it will be 6 months since I applied. I have not heard anything from HO since I did my biometrics and my online status says "reference number not recognised". Assuming I don't hear anything from HO, any suggestions on what to do once the 6 months passes? Email / call them, or will they contact me? Is it worth making a Data Subject Access Request (under the Data Protection Act) for a copy of my file, or will that just antagonise them?
Call them-post 6 months they have to give you a proper explanation as to the delay. Then call your local MP and get them involved. There really is no excuse for these unacceptable delays

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:48 am

kirkerj wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:26 am
I don't think so, I am not the only Kiwi waiting and I have seen SA people waiting as well. NZ has 5 million people so isn't exactly large. Also NZ is known as being highly efficient so if contacted they would have responded. From the approvals I have seen I think they are processing applications that tick certain ethnic boxes, they are playing a political game.
Absolute nonsense.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:57 am

where in earth did you get that? And why would you say that? think about what's happening nowadays!!
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:01 am

softy monster wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:57 am

where in earth did you get that? And why would you say that? think about what's happening nowadays!!
It's an observation of the country of origin of the applications that are being processed quickly (not the older ones which are all being processed slowly). I might be wrong but it's just what it looks like to me. It's not an attack on anyone, so don't take it as one

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:12 am

It's an observation of the country of origin of the applications that are being processed quickly (not the older ones which are all being processed slowly). I might be wrong but it's just what it looks like to me. It's not an attack on anyone, so don't take it as one
well your observation is wrong, and yes this is just what it looks like to you only
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

king123
Newly Registered

Post by king123 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:53 am

MINE WAS RECONSIDERATION REQUEST SINCE APRIL 2017.
MY APPLICATION INTIALLY I SUBMITTED IN JANUARY 2017.
THEY REFUSED IN APRIL 2017.

I SUBMITTED FOR RECONSIERATION £321, ITS PENDING SINCE ...

ORIGINALLY I WAS SHOWING 25TH MAY LAST UPDATED ....
BEFORE IN MAY IT WAS SHOWING DECIDED , NOW IT DOESNT SHOW DATES ANYMORE ,I AM NOT SURE IF ITS DECIDED ,I AM CONFUSED ,I CALLED THEM , THEY DONT REALLY KNOW ABOUT IT WHATS ITS IN SYSTEM , THEY WONT GIVE NO INFORMATION WHATS SO EVER.
WHO SHOULD WE BELIEVE ......

king123
Newly Registered

Post by king123 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:58 am

IT WAS SHOWING DECIDED FOR APRIL DECISION ,
NOW THE DATES DISAPEARED , IT SAYS DECIDED , I AM COFUSED , IT SHOWING FOR BEFORE DECISION OR NEW DECISION HAS BEEN MADE ,
PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ,IS IT NEW OR OLD DECISION SHOWING ,BUT NOW THE 25TH MAY DATES DOESNT SHOW NO MORE ...
THANKS

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:00 pm

king123 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:53 am
MINE WAS RECONSIDERATION REQUEST SINCE APRIL 2017.
MY APPLICATION INTIALLY I SUBMITTED IN JANUARY 2017.
THEY REFUSED IN APRIL 2017.

I SUBMITTED FOR RECONSIERATION £321, ITS PENDING SINCE ...

ORIGINALLY I WAS SHOWING 25TH MAY LAST UPDATED ....
BEFORE IN MAY IT WAS SHOWING DECIDED , NOW IT DOESNT SHOW DATES ANYMORE ,I AM NOT SURE IF ITS DECIDED ,I AM CONFUSED ,I CALLED THEM , THEY DONT REALLY KNOW ABOUT IT WHATS ITS IN SYSTEM , THEY WONT GIVE NO INFORMATION WHATS SO EVER.
WHO SHOULD WE BELIEVE ......
Contact your local MP and see if they can assist you. Have you tried emailing them for an update? I emailed and got two people emailing me back (one who confirmed they required no further information and the second was from the person processing my application so at least now I know their name) -they might respond to you with more information as I think the call centre people aren't actually connected to the people who process our applications. Good luck

debcha
Newly Registered
India

Re: Check the status of your application online - New servic

Post by debcha » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:11 pm

I need a help, can you tell me if both reference numbers are same ( the ref number which will be in the approval letter) and the reference number " 8 digits" we entered in the home office site, where it shows DECIDED. Its almost 9 working days over, I haven't received our letter. I tried to reach local council they are asking the ref number, while I gave her number, but she is entering with 0 and told me that she can't see any information " she was very rude, people are not supportive here :( :( :( .
Coldwinter wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:03 am
mnurunnabi wrote:
Coldwinter wrote:a bit concerned now as my status changed to decided on the 11th of july (website said decided on the 9th) but haven't received any letters yet. Members who had applications decided at a later date have already received their letters. Called the council and they haven't received anything either :?
Don't worry. Give them a couple of days. My one was decided on 26/06/2017 and I have received my letter on 13/07/2017. Meanwhile, I have sent an email to Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (case no was given to them) and they sent me the duplicate invitation. They took only one day to reply.
The concern for me is that my council hasn't received anything either. It seems the councils get the certificate on time even if the letter to the applicant is delayed.

abhijeetsap
Newly Registered
India

Post by abhijeetsap » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi,

Today (3rd Nov) I received mail from UKVI that my application is being considered. I went to the online status checking site to see my status. However, when I go to the link to check the status based on CASE ID it is not able to recognize based on Case ID. When I enter my BRP number, its says the application has been decided and in 10 days i should get a letter. I submitted the application last week Friday (27th October). I don't know which one to believe.

Can you help me please? Is such a quick response expected? I dint see money deducted from my account as yet.

mo_1
Newly Registered

Post by mo_1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:00 pm

abhijeetsap wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:22 pm
Hi,

Today (3rd Nov) I received mail from UKVI that my application is being considered. I went to the online status checking site to see my status. However, when I go to the link to check the status based on CASE ID it is not able to recognize based on Case ID. When I enter my BRP number, its says the application has been decided and in 10 days i should get a letter. I submitted the application last week Friday (27th October). I don't know which one to believe.

Can you help me please? Is such a quick response expected? I dint see money deducted from my account as yet.
I am not moderator but from my experience in this discussion, I think BRB has got nothing to do with your BC application you're simply checking your BRB which is already decided, online website is been shi** in the last few weeks ,as long as you got your acknowledgement letter don't worry

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:01 pm

abhijeetsap wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:22 pm
Hi,

I hope you are that lucky! But the BRP will be the reference for whatever your previous visa reference was. Have you tried dropping the 0 at the start that some people have? Mine is an 8 digit number.

If it still doesn't work you shouldn't worry as lot of people seem to have this problem and I am sure I saw a post where someone called and the helpline even said this was a common problem

abhijeetsap
Newly Registered
India

Post by abhijeetsap » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Mine is also a 8 digit number. I did try my previous BRP number - The one before the current one - and it says the reference number is not related to an existing application.

I hope Decided means positively decided

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:48 pm

abhijeetsap wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:37 pm
Mine is also a 8 digit number. I did try my previous BRP number - The one before the current one - and it says the reference number is not related to an existing application.

If you only applied last week, then there is no chance that your citizenship application has been decided. You need to enroll biometrics first anyway.

As already mentioned, using a BRP number will only confirm that your ILR has been decided as that is what your BRP number relates to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:48 pm
abhijeetsap wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:37 pm

If you only applied last week, then there is no chance that your citizenship application has been decided. You need to enroll biometrics first anyway.

As already mentioned, using a BRP number will only confirm that your ILR has been decided as that is what your BRP number relates to.
Unless you were that lucky September applicant. Received, Acknowledgement,biometrics all done in 7 days!

Arshsam

Post by Arshsam » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:04 pm

Adi385 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:10 pm
Hi ,

Applied via Jcap -16.06.2017
Then changed address in August .
Sent a written letter regarding change of address but no confirmation recieved.
Found this thread .. and checked status of application - says Awaiting Decision -, updated - 27th June 2017.

Wondering if they have recieved the letter or not :cry: . Should I email them about the same / will my application be affected because of this. Not sure of anything lately.
Any News 'Adi385' ?

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:20 am

kirkerj wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:00 pm
I emailed and got two people emailing me back (one who confirmed they required no further information and the second was from the person processing my application so at least now I know their name) -they might respond to you with more information
Kirkerj, can you explain in detail which email addresses you sent you queries to (especially to get a response from your case worker)? I applied before you so want to also give them a little nudge as I'm now nearly in my 6th month of waiting.

I want to take a friendly approach: "What's the status of my application since people who applied months after me already got their decisions (unrecorded 2nd class letters are notoriously lost in my neighbourhood)? What is causing the delay? Do you need any additional information to reach a decision on my case? When to expect resolution?"

I'm aware that the standard responses you get from the 1st line is "wait until 6 months are up" and then "wait until God knows when".

I'm also aware of the possibility of using Subject Access Request or Freedom of Information legislation to "dig my case out of the cupboard", but want to use it as a last resort (along with the my MP route, as I'm sure he couldn't care less - I'm Polish and he's a Conservative Brexiter).

jackpot10
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by jackpot10 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:33 am

please i need help,

My application was decided on the 11/10/2017
and up till now i have not recived my decision letter is now 17 working days.

I contacted the HO on the 25 /10/2017 about my letter and there told me to wait another 5 working days which has Elaps still nothing from them i am confuse.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:30 am

jackpot10 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:33 am
please i need help,

I contacted the HO on the 25 /10/2017 about my letter and there told me to wait another 5 working days which has Elaps still nothing from them i am confuse.
Somebody recently said HO sent a scanned vversion in Pdf file of approval letter which he printed and used, he did receive a physical copy later.

GammaX
Newly Registered

Post by GammaX » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:04 am

jackpot10 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:33 am
please i need help,

Hi can you check online again to see if the date is still there as my wife also has an application that was decided on the same date as you 11/10 and also have not received any letter but now when i check online the date has been removed of when it was decided.....

jackpot10
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by jackpot10 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:55 am

There's no date on it anymore for almost 2weeks now the have remove the date , even for people who are waiting decision