ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GammaX
Newly Registered

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by GammaX » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:09 pm

jackpot10 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:55 am
There's no date on it anymore for almost 2weeks now the have remove the date , even for people who are waiting decision
Oh i was not sure, i just checked again yesterday and thought it was specific to our application or a bug or something.
thank you

navinw

Post by navinw » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi,

I applied on 18-MAY and i had a request letter(from HO) from sending original passport, which i sent it last week and today i received my original passport along with the letter from HO saying your application has been successfully completed and approved. I should now receive the Invitation letter in next couple of days.

Plz Note: my online status is still awaiting but don't care now as i received the letter saying my application has been approved.

NOW WAITING FOR CEREMONY INVITATION LETTER ....

Good Luck to people who are still waiting.....

Arshsam

Post by Arshsam » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:01 pm

navinw wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:37 pm
Hi,

I applied on 18-MAY and i had a request letter(from HO) from sending original passport, which i sent it last week and today i received my original passport along with the letter from HO saying your application has been successfully completed and approved. I should now receive the Invitation letter in next couple of days.

Plz Note: my online status is still awaiting but don't care now as i received the letter saying my application has been approved.

Congratulations Navinw :D

Hopefully soon we all get a good news too ....

Maci
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Maci » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:56 pm

Please if I need to change my correspondence address from the solicitor to my home address what do I need to do so letter are sent to my address instead of the solicitors address. Please Email to send to and what to send will be greatly appreciated. Look forward to your response helpful guys.

abigail2
Newly Registered

Post by abigail2 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:48 am

navinw wrote:
Hi,

Hi again navinw,

Im also waiting. My approval letter is dated 30/10. I hope the invitation letter won't take too long. Some people here are saying they passed the 3 weeks period waiting and still no sign of the letter. Fingers crossed it will arrive soon :-D btw my online status has never changed to decided. So it's not working for everyone.

navinw

Post by navinw » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:01 am

abigail2 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:48 am
navinw wrote:
Hi,

Hi again navinw,

Im also waiting. My approval letter is dated 30/10. I hope the invitation letter won't take too long. Some people here are saying they passed the 3 weeks period waiting and still no sign of the letter. Fingers crossed it will arrive soon :-D btw my online status has never changed to decided. So it's not working for everyone.

Hey abigail2 :-)
So since 30/10 , you haven't received the letter....thats bad :x
I am hoping the invitation letter from HO in next 3 days....i mean as per 2nd class post, it should reach in max 3 days....

:-)

navinw

Post by navinw » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:06 am

Arshsam wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:01 pm
navinw wrote:
Hi,

Congratulations Navinw :D

Hopefully soon we all get a good news too ....
Thanks Arshsam .....
Surly its not far for you to get good news......keep updating...

abigail2
Newly Registered

Post by abigail2 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:37 am

navinw wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:01 am
abigail2 wrote:
navinw wrote:
Hi,

Hi again navinw,

So since 30/10 , you haven't received the letter....thats bad :x
I am hoping the invitation letter from HO in next 3 days....i mean as per 2nd class post, it should reach in max 3 days....

@Navinw,

The approval letter says that the invitation letter should come within the next 3 weeks. I've got a feeling it won't come until later lol. But fingers crossed as you say second class post shouldn't be more than 5 working days. I'll tag you in this post again when I receive it. Please let me also know when you get it :-)

navinw

Post by navinw » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:31 pm

abigail2 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:37 am
navinw wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:01 am
abigail2 wrote:
navinw wrote:
Hi,

Hi again navinw,

So since 30/10 , you haven't received the letter....thats bad

@Navinw,

The approval letter says that the invitation letter should come within the next 3 weeks. I've got a feeling it won't come until later lol. But fingers crossed as you say second class post shouldn't be more than 5 working days. I'll tag you in this post again when I receive it. Please let me also know when you get it :-)
@abigail2
Yes Yes, it should come in next 3 days.....very optimistic :-D

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:45 am

swintooh wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:20 am
kirkerj wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:00 pm
I emailed and got two people emailing me back (one who confirmed they required no further information and the second was from the person processing my application so at least now I know their name) -they might respond to you with more information
Kirkerj, can you explain in detail which email addresses you sent you queries to (especially to get a response from your case worker)? I applied before you so want to also give them a little nudge as I'm now nearly in my 6th month of waiting.

I want to take a friendly approach: "What's the status of my application since people who applied months after me already got their decisions (unrecorded 2nd class letters are notoriously lost in my neighbourhood)? What is causing the delay? Do you need any additional information to reach a decision on my case? When to expect resolution?"

I'm aware that the standard responses you get from the 1st line is "wait until 6 months are up" and then "wait until God knows when".

I'm also aware of the possibility of using Subject Access Request or Freedom of Information legislation to "dig my case out of the cupboard", but want to use it as a last resort (along with the my MP route, as I'm sure he couldn't care less - I'm Polish and he's a Conservative Brexiter).
Hi, I emailed
Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I took the tack that my building has issues receiving post (which it does) and I was worried they had written asking for more documents but I hadn't received the letter. So the first person (probably the general staff who get all initial requests) replied saying she had checked my application and they didn't require any further documents from me. She said she would forward my email on to the 'relevant dept' (I think the case worker) as to my question re why my application was taking longer than normal to process. He replied the same day and said apologies, it can take up to 6 months but no further information required.

Their initial response was 3 days after I emailed. Both responses received same day.

I replied to both thanking them as I was actually surprised I got ANY response from some of the posts I have seen on here.

I think its worth emailing. This process if frustrating but its probably just as bad for them as most govt depts. are understaffed, underpaid and overworked and I am sure they aren't any difference.

5 months seems to be the norm now and I am not yet 4 (10 July received) BUT I AM SO NOT PATIENT!

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:39 am

its second week of nov , i have applied on 26 june and biomettrics on 7 july .didnt get any response , people are getting decision who applied in july/august too .

I AM REALLY WORRIED , anyone who didnt get update who applied in june? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:44 am

jayacpr wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:39 am
its second week of nov , i have applied on 26 june and biomettrics on 7 july .didnt get any response , people are getting decision who applied in july/august too .

I AM REALLY WORRIED , anyone who didnt get update who applied in june? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Try emailing the above email address like I did. If you politely enquire I cannot see how it can do any harm.

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:48 am

kirkerj wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:44 am
jayacpr wrote:

Try emailing the above email address like I did. If you politely enquire I cannot see how it can do any harm.
I Did , didnt reply me , sent another one today .

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:53 am

jayacpr wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:48 am
kirkerj wrote:
jayacpr wrote:

Good Luck this time in getting a response. There are a lot of us stuck in the same boat, and patience is required, but its hard not to imagine the worst

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:55 am

jayacpr wrote:

Yes, I applied 2.5 weeks before you, biometrics done on 22-Jun and still no news since.

jackpot10
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by jackpot10 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Help please

I don' t know if there's any one who has recieved his decision letter which was decided in early october. As my application was decided on the 11 october till now i have not still recieved any letter , is getting to a month now since i my application was decided.

And the have removed the date on it , for 2weeks now i can't find the date of my decision.

I am really worried :cry:

aimu123
Newly Registered

Post by aimu123 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:15 pm

jayacpr wrote:
kirkerj wrote:
jayacpr wrote:

I am also , same date applied 26/06/2017 bio metrics done 06/07/17
But still no response I did email no response only received automatic email saying its take up to 6 months.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:29 pm

aimu123 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:15 pm
jayacpr wrote:
kirkerj wrote:
jayacpr wrote:

I am also , same date applied 26/06/2017 bio metrics done 06/07/17
But still no response I did email no response only received automatic email saying its take up to 6 months.
Ok, so I was very lucky then to get a response. Maybe leave a week between emails and try again?

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:16 pm

Has anybody received an acceptance letter in the last 10 days or so and the online form still shows "Awaiting a decision"? looks like the form has become completely unreliable and it was almost working accurately previously. Very frustrating for all involved!

Prince1983
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Prince1983 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Hello All

I've just joined the group as it looks really useful for immigration related info. I have made a British Citizenship application (joint application along with my wife and daughter) on 05-July-2017 and the gave the bio-metrics as well, I'm keep checking status of the application online and it shows 'Awaiting Decision'

Does it normally take 4 months? Do I have to worry about anything on the timelines?

Thanks
Sandy

navinw

Post by navinw » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Prince1983 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:50 pm
Hello All

I've just joined the group as it looks really useful for immigration related info. I have made a British Citizenship application (joint application along with my wife and daughter) on 05-July-2017 and the gave the bio-metrics as well, I'm keep checking status of the application online and it shows 'Awaiting Decision'

Does it normally take 4 months? Do I have to worry about anything on the timelines?

Thanks
Sandy
hi Prince :-P
Yes, it does take time...depending on the case and the person who is handling your case.
For some people it is taking time and for some its normal.

Usually standard timeline as per their standards is 6 months but as per the history of previous people "Average is 3 months" & some exceptional cases like mine -might take 5 months....
I Applied in May and i got approval letter last week in Nov.
So hold on....and just wait & Watch

Ccdeboyz320
Newly Registered

Post by Ccdeboyz320 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:00 pm

I am on the same boat as you and still waiting for the letter . Check with your council as they already had my approval but still need decision letter . I am now chasing UKVI for approval letter but no response yet.
Use the ref no in Biometrics letter and login via your council's website . If its approved council will already have your details

Use the application ref no mentioned in Biometrics letter and
jackpot10 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:57 pm
Help please

I don' t know if there's any one who has recieved his decision letter which was decided in early october. As my application was decided on the 11 october till now i have not still recieved any letter , is getting to a month now since i my application was decided.

And the have removed the date on it , for 2weeks now i can't find the date of my decision.

I am really worried :cry:

Tucci
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Tucci » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:44 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:16 pm
Has anybody received an acceptance letter in the last 10 days or so and the online form still shows "Awaiting a decision"? looks like the form has become completely unreliable and it was almost working accurately previously. Very frustrating for all involved!
Citizenship application submitted via NCS on 23rd June
Payment taken on 03rd Jul
Biometrics completed on 11th Jul
Enquiry email sent to nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gdi.gov.uk on 30th Oct
Received a reply on 31st Oct to say that a decision was made on 27th Oct
Received a separate email on 4th Nov to say that a ceremony invitation was dispatched on 3rd Nov
Citizenship Invitation letter dated 31st Oct was received today, 6th Nov
Sent an email to council today to book for the next available ceremony

Please be patient my friends. The decision will come. And although the checking service is a good idea, please do not obsess about it. No need to check multiple times a day.

Goodluck all!

mo_1
Newly Registered

Post by mo_1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:59 pm

Tucci wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:44 pm
[quote

Citizenship application submitted via NCS on 23rd June
Payment taken on 03rd Jul
Biometrics completed on 11th Jul
Enquiry email sent to nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gdi.gov.uk on 30th Oct
Received a reply on 31st Oct to say that a decision was made on 27th Oct
Received a separate email on 4th Nov to say that a ceremony invitation was dispatched on 3rd Nov
Citizenship Invitation letter dated 31st Oct was received today, 6th Nov
Sent an email to council today to book for the next available ceremony

Please be patient my friends. The decision will come. And although the checking service is a good idea, please do not obsess about it. No need to check multiple times a day.

Goodluck all!
Please check the email you provided as its not a valid email address you might miss written it
Congratulations on your application

Tucci
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Tucci » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:57 am

Apologies for the typo. Here's the correct email address

nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk