ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted (RCos) or Unrestricted COS (UCos) for Tier 2 to Tier 2 change of employer/sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

becks0303
Newly Registered
Singapore

Restricted (RCos) or Unrestricted COS (UCos) for Tier 2 to Tier 2 change of employer/sponsor

Post by becks0303 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi all,

I am changing employers (Tier 2 (General) to Tier 2(General)). My Employer is a big multinational firm, and a Tier 2 (A Rating) sponsor. They are allocating me a RCos, instead of a UCos, which I think is wrong since i am currently on a Tier 2 visa and applying from within the UK. Can you guys advise if this is a cause for worry? Im thinking I should be getting a UCos....

Thanks.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Restricted (RCos) or Unrestricted COS (UCos) for Tier 2 to Tier 2 change of employer/sponsor

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:41 pm

You need Unrestricted CoS if you are applying for extension or switching within UK.

mastenfr
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Re: Restricted (RCos) or Unrestricted COS (UCos) for Tier 2 to Tier 2 change of employer/sponsor

Post by mastenfr » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:49 pm

I agree, the employer will need to assign an Unrestricted CoS.

Source - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -employers

You might want to quote some of the information in this document to your sponsor's HR department.

Hope this helps.