ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and spouse visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

ILR and spouse visa

Post by nasiaziz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 am

Hi again
this is a question on behalf of my friend.
my friend applied his extention for entrepreneur a year ago and its still pending he is due for his LR ILR in first week of january.he will go on window to vary his application but at the same time his depedents he will apply for flr(o)..now as soon as he gets his ILR hes planning to apply for his spouse and kidds flr(m)
a lawyer told him he cannot use his income from this year which hes been earning from his company as director and dividends while his status was teir 1 entrepreneur..he told him his income only start counting when he gets ILR,which means he has to wait another year to fulfil income requirement.
his wife works aswell so hes looking at around £24000 together income his lawyer told him that only his wife can have as a whole £24000 income inorder to apply for flr(m)..
can anyone please clarify this requirement of income whether is it only considered when one get ILR or
can he use his income from now when his status is teir 1 entrepreneur?
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR and spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:43 am

nasiaziz wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 am
Hi again
my friend applied his extention for entrepreneur a year ago and its still pending he is due for his LR ILR in first week of january.he will go on window to vary his application but at the same time his depedents he will apply for flr(o)..now as soon as he gets his ILR hes planning to apply for his spouse and kidds flr(m) There is no longer an 'FRL(O)' application form. They should apply on FLR(M) and ask HO to hold their decision until ILR is granted.

a lawyer told him he cannot use his income from this year which hes been earning from his company as director and dividends while his status was teir 1 entrepreneur..he told him his income only start counting when he gets ILR,which means he has to wait another year to fulfil income requirement.
his wife works aswell so hes looking at around £24000 together income his lawyer told him that only his wife can have as a whole £24000 income inorder to apply for flr(m).. The lawyer is talking nonsense. ANY income, regardless of what visa category friend was on, can be used.

can anyone please clarify this requirement of income whether is it only considered when one get ILR or
thanks
Suggest ask your 'friend' to register on the forum and ask their own questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:59 am

Ok thanks
so they can combine their income to make it 24000.if they half half the income to 12000 each, i understand the him as being a director has to send one complete year payslips and company accounts and personal tax return.
but as long as her wife is concerned she is an employee can she use only 6 months of payslips for £1000/month so totalling to £6000 for six months would they consider that as £12000 for her for the whole year?
thanks

Amyski04
Netherlands

Post by Amyski04 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:43 am
nasiaziz wrote:
Hi again
my friend applied his extention for entrepreneur a year ago and its still pending he is due for his LR ILR in first week of january.he will go on window to vary his application but at the same time his depedents he will apply for flr(o)..now as soon as he gets his ILR hes planning to apply for his spouse and kidds flr(m) There is no longer an 'FRL(O)' application form. They should apply on FLR(M) and ask HO to hold their decision until ILR is granted.

his wife works aswell so hes looking at around £24000 together income his lawyer told him that only his wife can have as a whole £24000 income inorder to apply for flr(m).. The lawyer is talking nonsense. ANY income, regardless of what visa category friend was on, can be used.

thanks
Is it not allowed to ask questions on someone’s behalf?

schahzeb

Post by schahzeb » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 pm

it is but will make more sense if question comes from the person who is seeking help/information as it avoids miscommunication and allows smooth flow of information - rest is persons own choice and that's what i would think

Amyski04 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:33 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:43 am
nasiaziz wrote:
Hi again

thanks
Is it not allowed to ask questions on someone’s behalf?