ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by kurasinski_simran » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:37 am

njoseph wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:23 am

Simran , our application date(for my dad’s FP: applied from Dublin) is 9th of May as well. It is 130 working days so far.
Hey Joseph

Are you counting any bank holidays in between? I have counted twice now, its coming to 144 :/

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:40 am

kurasinski_simran wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:37 am
njoseph wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:23 am

Simran , our application date(for my dad’s FP: applied from Dublin) is 9th of May as well. It is 130 working days so far.
Hey Joseph

Are you counting any bank holidays in between? I have counted twice now, its coming to 144 :/
So sorry for the confusion joseph! I counted a few weekends by mistake! Yes you are right, its 130 days

vickyp
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by vickyp » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:21 am

Enka2018 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:08 am

CONGRATULATIONS ENKA, SO HAPPY FOR YOU. :)

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:27 am

Simran / Joseph,

Enter the dates here. U will get the exact working days along with UK holidays.

http://www.work-day.co.uk/

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:13 pm

danny27 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:27 am
Simran / Joseph,

Enter the dates here. U will get the exact working days along with UK holidays.

http://www.work-day.co.uk/
Hey Danny

Thanks for this! Yes I remember there were a couple of Bank Holidays in the middle as well. So as of now its been 129 working days

Cheers

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:46 pm

Yes Simran
Apparently we are just counting which actually has no relevance to the order in which the Permits are issued. Living in hope .

We have no choice it’s seems more like a lottery I guess hahahaha.
But have to deal with it as there is no turning back now.

Olajide1
Nigeria

Post by Olajide1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Enka2018 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:08 am
Finally after almost 7 months, I opened the magical envelope with Passport stamped with EEA family permit.
All the stress gone when I saw it.

I would like to thank all of you for helping in all way.
If anyone have any question please free to ask.
Congratulations
Hope you have a great time with your family
We will continue to wait

dokie
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dokie » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Hey guys,
Just a quick recap and updates.
Application submitted in Lagos, Nigeria.
Here's my timeline so far;
July 18 : Biometrics
July 29 : app acknowledged by Sheffield
Aug 4 : not-straightforward email from Sheffield
Aug 24 : Escalated (no email to that effect)

Oct. 10 : (from Sheffield) Thank you for your enquiry

As the processing of your application has not been straightforward we are continuing to work on your application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. At present we cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made. We will write to you again if there is any change to this.

Oct 31: Escalated (got a confirmatory email from UKVI)

Nov. 6 : (from Sheffield) Thank you for your enquiry

The assessment of this application has not been straightforward and is subject to extended checks. This may mean that we hold the application for longer than normal, but in some cases it is essential that we do so. Our published guidance states that additional checks may be carried out in certain cases and as soon as we have completed our checks we will notify you of the outcome of the application.

It's 80 working days today and the frustrating wait Continues,I pray it's worth it for everyone at the end.
Congrats to those that got their FP's recently.
(Maximum 90 working days for Nigeria as at Sept.)
Bless.

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Family Permit applied for at VFS in Lima Peru on the 18th October, email received today that decision was made and passport sent back to Lima.
Decision centre for all of South America located in Bogota Colombia.

In all, 15 working days, we hope we have it.
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:39 pm

wegiwegi wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:03 pm
Family Permit applied for at VFS in Lima Peru on the 18th October, email received today that decision was made and passport sent back to Lima.

Hola
Non English post removed by moderator
Last edited by CR001 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The language of the forum is English. Kindly refrain from posting in another language.
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:00 am

Merzit wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:39 pm
wegiwegi wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Hola
Non English post removed by moderator
Yes, we have to wait for another email, once they get the passport back to VFS in Lima and we can go and collect the passport, and then will know if they issued the family permit or not, so we still don't know.
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:50 am

Dokie mine is 145 working days. Some are even more. If its not straight forward then the time frame of 90 days does not come into play.
Its more of luck I guess .

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:55 am

As i stated before my visa is refuse do i have to file a new application or go for appeal as i have a right of appeal. I spoke with my lawyer appeal cost is 2000 Pound.

Also can we handle appeal without immigration lawyer.
Does my wife go to court alone and present herself as sponsor is it possible?
Or we must need immigration lawyer?

My wife is polish so do i have to apply to Poland and after to UK.

Need you suggestions guys. Thanks

Regard
Baig
Last edited by baigbaig on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

vn3716
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by vn3716 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:06 am

Hello Everybody,

I share my timeline here:
Biometrics: 14/07/2017 from East Asia country
Not Straightforward: 02/08/2017
Escalated: 25th August, 19th and 28th September, 30th October
Issued: 03/11/2017

I have two very small babies, I got more and more desperate days go by. In the very end of October, I escalated (this time and only time by email) the last time as well as complained to Solvit (Second time), EC, UKVI, my husband's MP, Jornalist, UK Consulate Office in my country. I dont know what worked.

In the email to MP I quoted Teresa May's People First, is it going to be no more than this two words? My MP is in the same party.

I sent to the Jornalist the link to this forum, she also called my husband in UK.

In the escalation and complaint to UKVI I made very strong tones to UKVI including PAP wordings. I quoted Directive 2004/38/EC and (3. EUN2.3 Guidance) and Directive 2004/38/EC /* COM/2009/0313 final */ and Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights and CHARTER OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION Article 24. 3.. This was a severe interruption to my family life without any reason and without any faults to my family. I was totally furious.

Please note UK laws now state that they can take as long as they want if the case is not straightforward, please check Directive 2004/38/EC and (3. EUN2.3 Guidance), which violated EU law that delays of more than four weeks are not reasonable. I pointed it to EC and they haven't got back to me on this.

I am no legal profession but I tried my best to understand those laws and try to fight for my family. Please do not ask me for more legal questions.

I was there, understand how bad it could go. I hope my share here can give you some strength and help some of you go back to normal life track as soon as possible.

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:15 am

Dear Baig,

We u/stand how frustrating it must be for you.

There are no professionals here who can advice you in this forum.
Better to google and gather as much information about appealing yourself or else infm your wife to contact a lawyer in London and appeal from that end.
But I guess lawyer would b sure shot.

Alyosha15
Newly Registered
India

Post by Alyosha15 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:56 am

Hi All,
Praise the Lord....Giving you all some hope n happiness..... I just received my passport and finally after over more than 6months I received my visa. God has heard my prayers and granted us this visa.... I wish n pray that all those who were sailing in the same boat as me too be granted their visas and join with their families soon

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:54 am

Congrats Alyosha. All the very best.

Did u write to the MP or applied some pressure as such. Let us know maybe this will help in expediting our applications as well.

Cheers !!!

Alyosha15
Newly Registered
India

Post by Alyosha15 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:04 am

danny27 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:54 am

Did u write to the MP or applied some pressure as such. Let us know maybe this will help in expediting our applications as well.

Cheers !!!
Hi Danny,

No I had not involved MP, just kept escalating my case after the 15 or 20 working days were over.

Alyosha15
Newly Registered
India

Post by Alyosha15 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:05 am

Alyosha15 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:04 am
danny27 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:54 am

Cheers !!!
Hi Danny,

No I had not involved MP, just kept escalating my case after the 15 or 20 working days were over.
Front he time I applied for my visa I have enquired about the same around 10times on email.

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:44 am

Alyosha15 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:56 am
Hi All,
Praise the Lord....Giving you all some hope n happiness..... I just received my passport and finally after over more than 6months I received my visa. God has heard my prayers and granted us this visa.... I wish n pray that all those who were sailing in the same boat as me too be granted their visas and join with their families soon
Hello Alyosha
Congratulations on receiving your permit! Is it possible to share which part of india you are from? Thank you :D

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:46 am

danny27 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:46 pm
Yes Simran
Apparently we are just counting which actually has no relevance to the order in which the Permits are issued. Living in hope .

We have no choice it’s seems more like a lottery I guess hahahaha.
But have to deal with it as there is no turning back now.
Hahaha well the term lottery seems fit for this situation! I am not really keeping a count on the days anymore. I just have it in mind before applying for an escalation.

Thanks a lot for the link though Danny and good luck! Hope you are able to join your family soon

Simran :)

njoseph

Post by njoseph » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:58 am

Congratulations and well done for fighting for the rights of your family. Did you ever reply to email directly from Sheffield (and got a response) or was it always via co tact center?

vn3716 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:06 am
Hello Everybody,

I share my timeline here:
Biometrics: 14/07/2017 from East Asia country
Not Straightforward: 02/08/2017
Escalated: 25th August, 19th and 28th September, 30th October
Issued: 03/11/2017

I have two very small babies, I got more and more desperate days go by. In the very end of October, I escalated (this time and only time by email) the last time as well as complained to Solvit (Second time), EC, UKVI, my husband's MP, Jornalist, UK Consulate Office in my country. I dont know what worked.

In the email to MP I quoted Teresa May's People First, is it going to be no more than this two words? My MP is in the same party.

I sent to the Jornalist the link to this forum, she also called my husband in UK.

In the escalation and complaint to UKVI I made very strong tones to UKVI including PAP wordings. I quoted Directive 2004/38/EC and (3. EUN2.3 Guidance) and Directive 2004/38/EC /* COM/2009/0313 final */ and Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights and CHARTER OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION Article 24. 3.. This was a severe interruption to my family life without any reason and without any faults to my family. I was totally furious.

Please note UK laws now state that they can take as long as they want if the case is not straightforward, please check Directive 2004/38/EC and (3. EUN2.3 Guidance), which violated EU law that delays of more than four weeks are not reasonable. I pointed it to EC and they haven't got back to me on this.

I am no legal profession but I tried my best to understand those laws and try to fight for my family. Please do not ask me for more legal questions.

I was there, understand how bad it could go. I hope my share here can give you some strength and help some of you go back to normal life track as soon as possible.

njoseph

Post by njoseph » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:59 am

Congratulations..
We are not far behind you in terms of timing so keeping our fingers crossed.
Alyosha15 wrote:
Hi All,

marecpovoda
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by marecpovoda » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:28 am

Hello everyone!

I am an EEA national living and working in the UK. My partner is Canadian (non-EEA national :)). We live in England together and she has a TIER 5-youth mobility visa right now which is valid until September 2019.

My question is what type of visa would be the most suitable for us and what is the processing times? Is there opportunity for her to stay here and apply within the UK before her visa expires?

Thank you!

Alyosha15
Newly Registered
India

Post by Alyosha15 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:14 am

kurasinski_simran wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:44 am
Alyosha15 wrote:
Hi All,
Hello Alyosha
Congratulations on receiving your permit! Is it possible to share which part of india you are from? Thank you :D
Applied from Mumbai on 18th April 2017