ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tdealing

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by tdealing » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:55 am

Seph27 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:33 am
My application was ‘Decided’ exactly 5 months after the day it was RECEIVED by the Home Office and Letter of Approval of Citizenship ceremony received 10 days after the decision.
You waited 10 days for the letter to come? And when is your ceremony? Is it easy to book one?

alexandrette
Mood:

Post by alexandrette » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:14 am

Hi Everyone

I have applied for naturalisation by end of August and have a reference number where I can check the status online which has been "Awaiting Decision" all the time with a date referring to last time updated. I have just realised that there is no more date stating the last time it was updatedand of course the status is still the same. Do you guys experience the same thing? Would this be an indication to anything, or this may be just a system update?

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:44 am

This has been mentioned before. Its all changed the system is beta so under probably constant tweeks. Date was removed a couple of weeks ago you still have your date on your letter as guidance. It doesn't indicate anything more I'm afraid.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:09 am

Can this topic please not turn into an 'application status check timeline' topic. There is the topic link below for such discussions.

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... ne (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:18 am

I have been emailing them continuously.. and they respond within few minutes mostly. but always the same response.. "We are working on receipt order and your application will be considered in time"... blah blah

I think they even had started looking at july applications..God knows what they are doing

Anybody else try emailing them ?

Gr8tlength
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by Gr8tlength » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:22 am

I applied for my passport yesterday using the Check And Send service from our local main Post Office. I supplied according to the booklet wedding certificate and it's translation done by professional translator. Upon presenting this at the Post Office, I was told that according to recent memo from HMPO, wedding certificate and translations no longer needed as well as an interview. It is apparently due to the fact that the photos are done digitally and they share the data between the H.O. departments. When I asked why they have done that, the post man pointed behind himself to the large pile of passport applications that were just from that day!

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 am

MAS99 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:18 am
I have been emailing them continuously.. and they respond within few minutes mostly. but always the same response.. "We are working on receipt order and your application will be considered in time"... blah blah

I think they even had started looking at july applications..God knows what they are doing

I emailed them the last week of October (my application was from 31 May) and just asked if they needed any additional information in order to make a decision. (This was when a number of applicants were being asked to provide original passports even though they had gone through the NCS) It took a week to get a reply but I was told that my application had been granted 2 November and that they would be sending information through the post within 10-14 working days.

Why don't they save the postage money and email the responses to those of us with email? That way they could boost their profit margin to about 92% and save us 10-14 working days of waiting....again.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:56 am

yankettegal wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 am
MAS99 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:18 am

I emailed them the last week of October (my application was from 31 May) and just asked if they needed any additional information in order to make a decision. (This was when a number of applicants were being asked to provide original passports even though they had gone through the NCS) It took a week to get a reply but I was told that my application had been granted 2 November and that they would be sending information through the post within 10-14 working days.

Why don't they save the postage money and email the responses to those of us with email? That way they could boost their profit margin to about 92% and save us 10-14 working days of waiting....again.
I agree or even email the letters? They email the initial acknowledgment. It would be easier and cheaper

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:04 am

Tomorrow is my 10th day of waiting for that letter. I hope it comes.

HO really is terrible.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:11 am

tdealing wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:04 am

HO really is terrible.
At least you have got that far. Today is my 120th day of waiting for a result so 4 months. I hope I don't have to wait another 1 or 2 months :cry:

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:13 am

Mine is 5th month.. They said 6 months.. Let's hope it comes before that

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:34 am

Does anybody have their phone numbers ? A number where you can speak directly to them , not to call centre ?

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:18 pm

IcikePicike wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:39 pm

edit: by the way, anyone that has been in the UK for long enough should know not to trust your local council. NCS is rubbish.
Couldn't agree more. I took all the documents to NCS including Salary slips, employers letters, past employment letters, bank statements etc. but the NCS guy said it is not needed. It was supposed to be a simple tier-1 general + 1 year ILR application that has taken around 5 months. I sense, that if I had attached all the proofs e.g. my home mortgage, bank statements, employment letters, it might have been a much simpler decision for the case-worker.

Furthermore, I sense that applications through a credible solicitor get handled faster than others. I have seen some people who applied via solicitor get responses much more quickly.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:31 pm

aabbasi wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:18 pm
IcikePicike wrote:

edit: by the way, anyone that has been in the UK for long enough should know not to trust your local council. NCS is rubbish.
Couldn't agree more. I took all the documents to NCS including Salary slips, employers letters, past employment letters, bank statements etc. but the NCS guy said it is not needed. It was supposed to be a simple tier-1 general + 1 year ILR application that has taken around 5 months. I sense, that if I had attached all the proofs e.g. my home mortgage, bank statements, employment letters, it might have been a much simpler decision for the case-worker.

Furthermore, I sense that applications through a credible solicitor get handled faster than others. I have seen some people who applied via solicitor get responses much more quickly.
I think its the luck of the draw ie the caseworker you get. I was advised by a solicitor not to attach unnecessary documentation as they would then waste time trawling through it. I think they are swamped and its taking 5 months as standard now (with the odd annoying exception!)

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:37 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:31 pm
I think its the luck of the draw ie the caseworker you get. I was advised by a solicitor not to attach unnecessary documentation as they would then waste time trawling through it. I think they are swamped and its taking 5 months as standard now (with the odd annoying exception!)
I actually was trying to reattach the same evidence that i presented while applying for ILR but was told not to. When applying for ILR, My solicitor said that the more the evidence the better, as the case worker can see their is nothing to hide.

I actually applied for myself, my wife and two kids and it would be 5 months by the end of next week. Let's see how it goes.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:49 pm

aabbasi wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:37 pm
I actually was trying to reattach the same evidence that i presented while applying for ILR but was told not to. When applying for ILR, My solicitor said that the more the evidence the better, as the case worker can see their is nothing to hide.
For citizenship, you are NOT repeating the ILR process. Different set of LAWS for citizenship to the Immigration RULES for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:03 pm

aabbasi wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:37 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:31 pm

I actually applied for myself, my wife and two kids and it would be 5 months by the end of next week. Let's see how it goes.
I have nothing to hide but I know in my job I get annoyed when people give me irrelevant information and I expect they are the same. I don't think there is a tried and true formula. They are overworked and it depends who you get. We just have to be patient as hard as that is.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:07 pm

aabbasi wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:18 pm
IcikePicike wrote:

You have the evidence of a handful of people who may of got a quicker response. The people who wrote their history on here are so small in comparison to the sheer volume of applications every week or months , nothing can really be drawn from a handful of applications posted on here, if 5000 people contributed on here then you might get a more true picture.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:18 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:11 am
tdealing wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:04 am

HO really is terrible.
At least you have got that far. Today is my 120th day of waiting for a result so 4 months. I hope I don't have to wait another 1 or 2 months :cry:
OH I waited for over 5 months, it's going to be 6 months soon. Just waiting for this letter, which I don't think they have sent?!

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi everyone
I just wanted to ask people's experiences on howlong it has taken for HO to decide your case after they have requested additional documentation and/or passport etc .
Reason I ask is i was asked by Ho to send details of my driving offence which went to court and fine was paid. They sent all my original documents back but kept my life in the UK letter. They tecieved my documents on 30th October. How long do you guys think i will get a reply and do you think it's looking positive as otherwise they would have just sent me a refusal and not even bothered to call and send letter for the concerned offence. Thanks for looking

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:33 am

hussainfarhad wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:42 pm
Hi everyone
I just wanted to ask people's experiences on howlong it has taken for HO to decide your case after they have requested additional documentation and/or passport etc .
Reason I ask is i was asked by Ho to send details of my driving offence which went to court and fine was paid. They sent all my original documents back but kept my life in the UK letter. They tecieved my documents on 30th October. How long do you guys think i will get a reply and do you think it's looking positive as otherwise they would have just sent me a refusal and not even bothered to call and send letter for the concerned offence. Thanks for looking
No idea about the response to your question, but when did you apply?

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:47 am

aabbasi wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:33 am
hussainfarhad wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:42 pm
Hi everyone
No idea about the response to your question, but when did you apply?
Hi
I applied end of july with awaiting decision since 4th August. I got s call from caseworker on 26/10 to clarify about the fine as I had mentioned it in other information part of form

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:54 am

hussainfarhad wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:47 am
Hi
I applied end of july with awaiting decision since 4th August. I got s call from caseworker on 26/10 to clarify about the fine as I had mentioned it in other information part of form
Good luck with the decision. You are lucky that your application is being processed relatively quickly. I applied early in June, and last time I checked (a month ago), they hadn't even assigned it to a case-worker.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:09 am

Can they tell you if a caseworker has been assigned or not ?

I have been emailing them for days just asking what date order application is considered so far e.g 27 June tc

but they are not even replying to that..

I might send them a full angry email with full of shit at the end of day..

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:13 am

MAS99 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:09 am
Can they tell you if a caseworker has been assigned or not ?

I have been emailing them for days just asking what date order application is considered so far e.g 27 June tc

but they are not even replying to that..

I might send them a full angry email with full of shit at the end of day..
They won't answer that question as they are sticking to the party line that they process in order.

Definitely do not send an angry email, you will never get an answer. How long have you been waiting?