ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UKMove
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Spouse Visa Help

Post by UKMove » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:22 am

Hi all. I have only just joined, mainly because I am hoping someone can give me some proper advise about obtaining a spouse visa for my husband. I have been looking through all of the documents, but I am a bit stumped on the Financial Requirement bit. Going with Category A (overseas sponsor returning to UK) would mean I have to secure a job in UK at the required income level before applying for the visa. I am currently employed however and am not sure how I am supposed to secure a job in the UK while still employed abroad. Possible yes, but not an easy option.
Category B (overseas sponsor returning to UK) would mean I can stop working now and concentrate on securing a job in the UK at the required income level. However, the second part needs me to show that in the past 12 months I have received the required income. My problem here is that the job I am currently in I have only been in for 6 months. Prior to this, I was employed in another company for 8 years. My question therefore is, can I use my past 6 months in this current job as well as the last 6 months of my previous job, or will only my current one count?
My husband on the other hand (the applicant) has been receiving approximately 17,838 over the last 12 months. Can we use his as well, or add my last 6 months with his last 12?
Furthermore, my current job's annual salary equates to approximately 17,684 and not the required 18,600. I am not even sure how to calculate the additional bit we will require to make up the 18,600.
Can anyone help me please?

UKMove
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Re: Spouse Visa Help

Post by UKMove » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:46 pm

I've just received a tip to state that i can combine my two salaries for both my employments. This will still not meet the minimum income though. So the next thing i have to figure out is the pension thing? Can i use this to add to my income?
Anyone know the answer to this?

Bathory
Newly Registered

Post by Bathory » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:00 pm

You'll need to have a job in the UK making at least £18,600. Without, your application will be rejected. If you find a job under the minimum, the difference can be made up with savings. But I am not sure of the calculation. It's been posted around the forum a bit.

Your spouse's income will not be considered for this application.

UKMove
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Post by UKMove » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:40 pm

Thanks so much for your reply. Would you happen to know anything about the pension bit?

UKMove
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Post by UKMove » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:54 pm

We get a pension here, in which each month a set amount of our income is put into an account at the pension fund. Is this what is meant by state pension? If that is the case, then I am assuming I can just use whatever is in our pension to add to what is missing from the income. How is this calculated though?

Bathory
Newly Registered

Post by Bathory » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:27 pm

UKMove wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:54 pm
We get a pension here, in which each month a set amount of our income is put into an account at the pension fund. Is this what is meant by state pension? If that is the case, then I am assuming I can just use whatever is in our pension to add to what is missing from the income.
A pension would be income you receive. I don't believe it counts as savings, which would need to be in a banking account. Someone may need to clarify.
UKMove wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:54 pm
How is this calculated though?
(Amount of savings – £16,000) ÷ 2.5 = X

X – 18,600 = amount if income needed to cover the remainder

UKMove
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Post by UKMove » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:28 am

Thanks again for your reply Bathory and for being of help. I will check up on the pension thing.
I guess our only other option after that (if category A or B does not work) is that we come to UK, I find a job (at least 18,600) and start working. He can stay with me for up to 6 months (without a visa). After that he goes back and we do his application. In this way, we dont need any savings as far as i understand, just a job that pays me enough for 6 months.

Bathory
Newly Registered

Post by Bathory » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:04 pm

Do you happen to own your home? Funds from sale count immediately, and don't need to be held for 6 months.

You should read through Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement at 7.4.10. That's where that information begins. The whole document is useful, and goes into detail, with examples.

UKMove
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Post by UKMove » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi. We do actually. Just paid it off. But not selling it so wont be able to get the money from that.

UKMove
Newly Registered
Seychelles

spouse visa

Post by UKMove » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help please. I'm still trying to make sense of the of the financial requirements for the spouse visa. Under category b as a person returning to the UK I think I might be able to manage a job paying at least the required level. My problem is understanding the second part. My two jobs in the last 12 months fall just shirt of the required level. From what I understand I can combine this with non-employment income. We do have a house that we will be renting when we move to UK. We only recently purchased it 3 months ago. Can this still count towards the income or do we have to have been receiving the income from it for 12 months. My other option is pension. I also dont get this. Each month in employment here we pay a certain amount to pension. I am cashing this out upon my departure. Does this make it cash savings now? I would appreciate some clarification please if anyone knows. Otherwise i think there is no other option but fir me to work for 6 months first before applying.
Thanks.