ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit USA. Brazilian entering from UK rather than Brazil

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Isabela46
Newly Registered
Brazil

Visit USA. Brazilian entering from UK rather than Brazil

Post by Isabela46 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:52 am

Hi there, thanks for considering my question.
I am a Brazilian living in Brazil. I am married to a British man and we have two children.
My husband has been living permanently in Brazil for 11 years.
As a family, we are intending to visit the UK for 5 weeks between December and January. We do this every year as it's the Brazilian school summer holidays.
During that time we would like to take a 3-day-trip to New York. (Airline sale made it hard to resist).
On returning to the UK, we will fly home to Brazil two days later.
I travel frequently to the UK and other EU states and have visited the USA in 2015 (Disneyworld)
My passport is Brazilian and I have a valid 10 year US visit visa that expires in 2025 in my old passport.
My husband and kids hold British passports with valid ESTAs

So, what concerns should I have about my admission and what measures (paperwork?) should I carry to complete my entry clearance at JFK?

Thank you

vinny

Re: Visit USA. Brazilian entering from UK rather than Brazil

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Isabela46 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:52 am
My passport is Brazilian and I have a valid 10 year US visit visa that expires in 2025 in my old passport.
My husband and kids hold British passports with valid ESTAs
These should suffice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.