ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chyke82
Newly Registered

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by chyke82 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:05 am

hasssssssan wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:31 am
chyke82 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:17 am
Applied on 14th June 2017 via NCS Camden and has been "awaiting decision" for ever, sent an email to UKVI yesterday, and today got a reply saying my application is with a caseworker and i will be notified with a decision within 3 weeks :|

Can I have thier email plz and the letter you sent them. Am just depressed and lazy :( got board of waiting.

I sent the email to this address, asking them for update on my application NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

jackpot10
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by jackpot10 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 am

Matthew 2222 , is good your application has change to decided.

My application was decided since on the 11/10/2017 still i have not recieved any letter of decision .

matthew2222
Newly Registered

Post by matthew2222 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:29 am

jackpot10 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 am
Matthew 2222 , is good your application has change to decided.

My application was decided since on the 11/10/2017 still i have not recieved any letter of decision .
You need to contact them regarding the letter as it should arrive within 10 days. Check your status and underneath are details how to contact them if letter hasn't arrived.

jackpot10
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by jackpot10 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:47 am

I have contacted them twice , the told me wait till 6 months as i apply late june

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:57 am

jackpot10 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:47 am
I have contacted them twice , the told me wait till 6 months as i apply late june
But if you have been 'decided' online and you have not received your letter that's a problem. Make that clear to them-the website has said decided but you have no letter. Ask them to email you a pdf of the letter sent, someone managed to get them to do that

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:58 am

mrgs1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:25 pm
mrgs1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:58 pm

I applied 10 July-where's my approval!!!
Applied a week before you. I could say the same thing and so those from months ago without an update.
Yeah I know, its so frustrating. Its actually starting to depress me.
Not too worried now, it was a lot of money but life is more important than citizenship, if we have to stay on ILR and BRP every ten years so be it. We've no criminal record (Enhanced Diclosures to prove) no credit cards, arrears of any sort own outright the house, don't drive so if they can find something to deny then I have no idea what.
All I know is I am not planning on waiting 6 months, I will give them 5!

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:15 am

kirkerj wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:58 am
mrgs1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:25 pm
mrgs1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 pm
Applied a week before you. I could say the same thing and so those from months ago without an update.
Yeah I know, its so frustrating. Its actually starting to depress me.
Not too worried now, it was a lot of money but life is more important than citizenship, if we have to stay on ILR and BRP every ten years so be it. We've no criminal record (Enhanced Diclosures to prove) no credit cards, arrears of any sort own outright the house, don't drive so if they can find something to deny then I have no idea what.
All I know is I am not planning on waiting 6 months, I will give them 5!
Six months up beginning of December, will then contact them if nothing heard by then. I do believe we would rethink our position if we had to wait like the unfortunate few who haven't got decisions after 12/24 months.

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:22 am

Im in the same boat applied on 07.06.2017 , in december it will be 6 months . I cant understand why it take so long for a decision .

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:31 am

cristiano1988 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:22 am
Im in the same boat applied on 07.06.2017 , in december it will be 6 months . I cant understand why it take so long for a decision .
I imagine understaffed and lack of proper resources

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:40 am

But the thing is that they are some people which they applied in september and they received already the decision. Thats why im confused

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:47 am

cristiano1988 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:40 am
But the thing is that they are some people which they applied in september and they received already the decision. Thats why im confused
I think it depends who your caseworker is and just basic luck. I agree its annoying people from Aug/Sep are getting acceptances now when people from May are still waiting. It doesn't seem fair. They need to stop saying they process them in the order received (as they clearly do not) and they wouldn't get half as many complaints

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:51 am

I do believe that you are right that means im an unluck guy unfortunatelly for me. Maybe next week i will receive any news . The thing is that i sent them 2 emails and they didnt reply to me. Its unfair. But life is life

ddkuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ddkuk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:58 am

Sorry if I am making too simplistic, but if I am the case worker, I would takle an application for processing, send all my basic queries to different departments and go to the next application. If I get relevant responses from all the departments, I will make my decision. This essentially does not mean, I am not doing in a serial manner.

Also these departments which they send the queries to, might not be same for all cases and the response times vary. As an example, some one advised me to select referees who already acted as referees before. This might speed up the application as they won't contact the referees again as they have their details in their system. I am not sure how much of it is true, but lets say if this is true, my application would gain may be a couple of days with that (presumably!). And another thing specific to my case is my case is my wife resides in US. So they might want to verify if I have the intention to leave UK, this might eat up months (may be). So just wanted to put the conclusion that each case is different.

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:00 pm

I had a play around checking for different application reference numbers around my personal number.

I noticed that not all logical sequential application reference numbers exist, for example if mine is 11233505 then 11233506 may not exist but 11233507 does exist.

Assuming that they are given out more or less sequentially nonetheless (no idea why some numbers get skipped), I can see that 95% of the applications around my reference number show 'Decided' whereas I am still on 'Awaiting decision'.

Is this something I should be concerned about? I guess no one can answer this really, but perhaps someone else tried something similar with their reference number, noticed the same and was approved nonetheless later?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:05 pm

ddkuk wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:58 am
Sorry if I am making too simplistic, but if I am the case worker, I would takle an application for processing, send all my basic queries to different departments and go to the next application. If I get relevant responses from all the departments, I will make my decision. This essentially does not mean, I am not doing in a serial manner.

Also these departments which they send the queries to, might not be same for all cases and the response times vary. As an example, some one advised me to select referees who already acted as referees before. This might speed up the application as they won't contact the referees again as they have their details in their system. I am not sure how much of it is true, but lets say if this is true, my application would gain may be a couple of days with that (presumably!). And another thing specific to my case is my case is my wife resides in US. So they might want to verify if I have the intention to leave UK, this might eat up months (may be). So just wanted to put the conclusion that each case is different.
Not true. Referees are not contacted very often at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:18 pm

cristiano1988 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:51 am
I do believe that you are right that means im an unluck guy unfortunatelly for me. Maybe next week i will receive any news . The thing is that i sent them 2 emails and they didnt reply to me. Its unfair. But life is life
I am unlucky as well, my Dad is sick and I just want to book a flight to NZ and I can't because of this delay. Hence why I will reconsider at 5 month mark and just leave if I have to. So be it.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:55 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:00 pm
I had a play around checking for different application reference numbers around my personal number.

I noticed that not all logical sequential application reference numbers exist, for example if mine is 11233505 then 11233506 may not exist but 11233507 does exist.

Assuming that they are given out more or less sequentially nonetheless (no idea why some numbers get skipped), I can see that 95% of the applications around my reference number show 'Decided' whereas I am still on 'Awaiting decision'.

Is this something I should be concerned about? I guess no one can answer this really, but perhaps someone else tried something similar with their reference number, noticed the same and was approved nonetheless later?
In my case my application ending in 40 shows decided. 41, 42 and 43 are awaiting, 44 is invalid, 45 decided, 46 awaiting, 47, 48 invalid and 49 awaiting. Going back, 39, 38, 37 invalid, 36, 35, 34, 33 awaiting, 32 invalid, 31 awaiting and 30 decided.

3 decided and 10 awaiting out of 13 valid applications in total. I assume they are all applications from mid September.

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:03 pm

fawinds wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:55 pm
In my case my application ending in 40 shows decided. 41, 42 and 43 are awaiting, 44 is invalid, 45 decided, 46 awaiting, 47, 48 invalid and 49 awaiting. Going back, 39, 38, 37 invalid, 36, 35, 34, 33 awaiting, 32 invalid, 31 awaiting and 30 decided.

3 decided and 10 awaiting out of 13 valid applications in total. I assume they are all applications from mid September.
Congrats by the way!

I remember you had issues getting your biometric letter in the beginning, if I remember correctly?

Now you got the second fastest response from the September thread, next to that guy from Mauritius for whom it took a total of 12 days from sending off his application to receiving his passport... Honestly not sure how that happened.

Out of interest, the 4th and 5th last numbers, are they 33 for you as well?

Anyway, all I want is to be approved, I keep checking the site 10 times a day, it's driving me a bit crazy. It could be in a few days or it could take another 4 months :/ fingers crossed : )

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:45 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:03 pm
fawinds wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:55 pm

Congrats by the way!

I remember you had issues getting your biometric letter in the beginning, if I remember correctly?

Now you got the second fastest response from the September thread, next to that guy from Mauritius for whom it took a total of 12 days from sending off his application to receiving his passport... Honestly not sure how that happened.

Out of interest, the 4th and 5th last numbers, are they 33 for you as well?

Anyway, all I want is to be approved, I keep checking the site 10 times a day, it's driving me a bit crazy. It could be in a few days or it could take another 4 months :/ fingers crossed : )
Hi tallahassee. Yes, it was me. Not only with biometrics letter. They hadn't taken the money from my account. In fact it took twice as much time for them to take the money compared with the other applications. But it is now clear that it doesn't have anything to do with the time frame for a decision.

To be honest I'm a bit concerned as you tend to think that it may have been decided so quickly because something went wrong. But on the other hand, other September applications have had a positive outcome. Let's wait and see. I've emailed them, but no clue in their reply. Just wait for the letter.

About the numbers, no, they're not 33. In fact there's not a single 3 at all.

Yes, I know how it feels checking a few times a day. But I had made my mind to do it only a couple times a week in the evening. It's a matter of acknowledging that we have a life and camo spend months just checking whether or application has been successful. On the other hand I think we both have EU passports and in just a few months from now they may be worth more than an UK passport, so big deal. Nothing much to lose but the ££££ we have spend on this. Anyway we'll hopefully get it. Having two passports is great, and the UK one is still very good.

I have realized that since July the response time for applications has been dramatically improved. This may flag a change in the way they are dealt with. Since you're a September applicant like me, I would expect a decision for you to before the end of the month. So best of luck for all of us.

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:06 pm

fawinds wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:45 pm
Yes, I know how it feels checking a few times a day. But I had made my mind to do it only a couple times a week in the evening. It's a matter of acknowledging that we have a life and camo spend months just checking whether or application has been successful. On the other hand I think we both have EU passports and in just a few months from now they may be worth more than an UK passport, so big deal. Nothing much to lose but the ££££ we have spend on this. Anyway we'll hopefully get it. Having two passports is great, and the UK one is still very good.
Thanks for your encouraging words and I specifically agree with what you said above = ) If it fails it's not the end of the world for us, but it would be great to have nonetheless.

Best of luck, I am sure that your application being decided early isn't a bad sign. I would assume that if they find any red flags it will cause them to investigate further, which means it would take longer.

Hope you get your letter soon and that I get a Decided soon :mrgreen:

PS: On a side note to everyone here: I read (in this very thread I think) that usually statuses are updated around 15.00 each day. Is this actually somewhat confirmed or not?

aimu123
Newly Registered

Post by aimu123 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:09 pm

Has anyone got approval or status decided applied around end of June , I applied on 26/06/17 no response yet . Still showing awaiting decisions.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:28 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:06 pm
fawinds wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:45 pm
Thanks for your encouraging words and I specifically agree with what you said above = ) If it fails it's not the end of the world for us, but it would be great to have nonetheless.

Best of luck, I am sure that your application being decided early isn't a bad sign. I would assume that if they find any red flags it will cause them to investigate further, which means it would take longer.

Hope you get your letter soon and that I get a Decided soon :mrgreen:

PS: On a side note to everyone here: I read (in this very thread I think) that usually statuses are updated around 15.00 each day. Is this actually somewhat confirmed or not?
Unless the red flag is so huge that there's not anything left to investigate 😨

I checked my status on Tuesday evening and was still waiting for a decision. Then I had a funny feeling on Wednesday and despite having no intention to check it again, I felt compelled and checked it again. It was around noon and the status had changed to decided. So I'd say it was during the morning.

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:44 pm

fawinds wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:28 pm
Unless the red flag is so huge that there's not anything left to investigate 😨

I checked my status on Tuesday evening and was still waiting for a decision. Then I had a funny feeling on Wednesday and despite having no intention to check it again, I felt compelled and checked it again. It was around noon and the status had changed to decided. So I'd say it was during the morning.
If there were to be such a huge red flag, I am sure you would already be aware of it =)

I want that funny feeling too now :D

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:53 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi again,

in mine I received a separate sheet which is the one you need to take to a participating Post Office to get your biometrics enrolled. I also believe from memory (I have filed the lot away and cannot check now), that it had a covering letter and in there it asked me to go and do the biometrics within 15 days. In fact due to the urgency and the speed they were going at, I drove 80 miles round trip the following morning to get the biometrics done in the next county to mine as there is no local PO that takes biometrics where I reside!

I am thinking you have not been sent everything you need. I recommend you do this:

- email nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - they seem to respond fast!
- Explain to them what you have received so far and ask them if they have not included everything to allow you to proceed with your end of the bargain - they should be able to email you an attachment if necessary.

Let us know how you get on!
I called the HO helpline for Citizenship and Nationality enquiries on: 0300 123 2253. The operator suggested sending an email on NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (which I had done already, they haven't responded yet). He mentioned he did not have clearance to check if a biometric letter was sent or reissue one. He mentioned that the maximum timeframe of receiving bometrics is 4-6 weeks from the application date, depending on application route (NCS, post, etc.). It is a up to 2 weeks maximum for dispatching the letter after taking payment or sending the acknowledgement letter or email with Case ID, whichever was earliest. Assuming 2nd class post service this can add 2-5 days to the process. If the letter was lost or the person failed to meet the 15 days to submit biometric data, they would issue and send a second letter with the same deadline.

What is interesting for this thread is the information regarding online status checking:

The HO operator confirmed that the online immigration status check is updated once every 3 to 4 weeks. It would take about minimum 1 week after acknowledging the application before it appears on the system. Then it would depend on their database updating cycles.

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:14 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:00 pm

Don't worry, you're as lucky as I am, LOL: My application ends in 69. Tries 70 and 68 and both are "Decided" whilst mine is "Awaiting a decision" still. I got an update email yesterday after prompting one and didn't say much beside: "your application will take a while longer to be considered, when it is Decided you will be contacted by your caseworker."...not much of an update really is it? :(