ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alex1990
Haiti

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by alex1990 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:59 pm

Alyosha15 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:56 am
Hi All,
Praise the Lord....Giving you all some hope n happiness..... I just received my passport and finally after over more than 6months I received my visa. God has heard my prayers and granted us this visa.... I wish n pray that all those who were sailing in the same boat as me too be granted their visas and join with their families soon

Congratulations
😊😊😊😊

jessy_h93
Newly Registered

Post by jessy_h93 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 pm

My husband submitted his EEA Family Permit application at the VSF in Dhaka yesterday (7th November). We were not aware of the fact that we need to photocopy all our pictures onto A4 sized paper. The staff at VSF photocopied the pictures in black and white and scanned them in as part of his application. I'm really scared now about his application being rejected as our faces are not recognisable at all on the photocopies. I have spent hours on preparing pictures, writing dates and comments on them. The VSF staff decided not to photocopy any of the comments I wrote on the back of the pictures.

Should I call UKVI and cancel the application? Or should I wait? Has anyone faced the same problem?

My husband has received a text yesterday saying his application has been forwarded to UKVI and the staff at VSF have said that it will take maximum 25 days to get the decision, definitely not any longer.

I have been following this thread from the beginning and I think it will definitely take more than 25 days.

Can you please advise as to what I should do now, I don't mind it being rejected. It's just that I don't want to wait 6 months for a decision and then find out it's been rejected.

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:14 pm

jessy_h93 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 pm
My husband submitted his EEA Family Permit application at the VSF in Dhaka yesterday (7th November). We were not aware of the fact that we need to photocopy all our pictures onto A4 sized paper. The staff at VSF photocopied the pictures in black and white and scanned them in as part of his application. I'm really scared now about his application being rejected as our faces are not recognisable at all on the photocopies. I have spent hours on preparing pictures, writing dates and comments on them. The VSF staff decided not to photocopy any of the comments I wrote on the back of the pictures.

Should I call UKVI and cancel the application? Or should I wait? Has anyone faced the same problem?

My husband has received a text yesterday saying his application has been forwarded to UKVI and the staff at VSF have said that it will take maximum 25 days to get the decision, definitely not any longer.

I have been following this thread from the beginning and I think it will definitely take more than 25 days.

Can you please advise as to what I should do now, I don't mind it being rejected. It's just that I don't want to wait 6 months for a decision and then find out it's been rejected.
Hi jessy_h93,
Every case is individual, it depends on many things, such as how long you have been married, your UK details ( work, accommodation...), all other proves of your relation ( flight booking, hotel booking, emails to each other, screen shots of your conversation), common banking account, maybe some evidences of you living together before your got married, cover letters from both of you, could be also letters from your parents or friends proving your marriage...
So its not only about photos, I recommend you to reconsider all documents your husband has submitted and then decide to withdraw the application or to wait for the decision.

As an option could be entering to UK with you ,having all your documents in case, without family permit. There were people who have managed to do it... Me personally, if i had known this possibility I would have tried it definitely!!! Because waiting for such a long time is just frustrating...
Regards

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:53 am

jessy_h93 wrote:

Hi
All the cases are differents, but one thing sure is you need to wait 6 months. Today for me is 118 working days and I never complain and still without any email. And I am europe waiting 6 months and some people from india or pakistan get it in 3 months, unbelievable. So all depend of your case, just be patient and don’t lost your hope.
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.

CON
Newly Registered
India

Post by CON » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:34 am

Hi Everyone,

i have been following this forum for some time now. Wish i had read it before applying! Well my husband has submitted his application on 31st August 2017 from Mumbai - North it has been 50 working days as on today just wanted to know if any august applications from Mumbai North have received any response.

I have escalated the case twice and received a not so straightforward mail. Since my husband is a sailor its not feasible for him to have his passport away for so long.

Thanks,

Oliver12
Newly Registered
India

Post by Oliver12 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:30 pm

CON wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:34 am
Hi Everyone,

i have been following this forum for some time now. Wish i had read it before applying! Well my husband has submitted his application on 31st August 2017 from Mumbai - North it has been 50 working days as on today just wanted to know if any august applications from Mumbai North have received any response.

I have escalated the case twice and received a not so straightforward mail. Since my husband is a sailor its not feasible for him to have his passport away for so long.

Thanks,
Hi

Applied from Mumbai vfs dated 28/08/17
Escalated only once, recived not straight forward email
Still awaiting response...

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:55 pm

jessy_h93 wrote:

hi jessy,
please share did you submit the documents in 2 sets like original and copy or did you submit only originals.
thanks

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:18 am

Hello everyone
From Ukraine 🇺🇦
I have waited and i am waiting
I submitted my application on 20-06-2017

I have Escalated several times
But all the times get all the time not straight .....

My question plz:
Did anyone recived his visa or u know someone recived it who applay after that date?

Is there is new limit for them to make decision?
What we should do in this case ?
And really thy make me asked a lot of questions?
Is there anything we can do ! Or just wait and waited and wait
Man time i called them after 2 weeks as thy keep saying thy even not answer in that date ?

Thats really unbelievable?
Pleas i need answers who can or understand that situation!!!

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:24 am

Rheeb1 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:18 am
Hello everyone
From Ukraine 🇺🇦

My question plz:
Did anyone recived his visa or u know someone recived it who applay after that date?

Man time i called them after 2 weeks as thy keep saying thy even not answer in that date ?

Hi,
Go through some previous pages in this forum and you will see that there are people who have been waiting since April...
You can try to involve your local MP in UK and Solvit, they can deal with your case on behalf of you. But its not really clear if that helps...
Regards

jessy_h93
Newly Registered

Post by jessy_h93 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:02 am

yanaveron wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:14 pm
jessy_h93 wrote:

Hi jessy_h93,
Every case is individual, it depends on many things, such as how long you have been married, your UK details ( work, accommodation...), all other proves of your relation ( flight booking, hotel booking, emails to each other, screen shots of your conversation), common banking account, maybe some evidences of you living together before your got married, cover letters from both of you, could be also letters from your parents or friends proving your marriage...
So its not only about photos, I recommend you to reconsider all documents your husband has submitted and then decide to withdraw the application or to wait for the decision.

As an option could be entering to UK with you ,having all your documents in case, without family permit. There were people who have managed to do it... Me personally, if i had known this possibility I would have tried it definitely!!! Because waiting for such a long time is just frustrating...
Regards
Thank you very much for your advise. We have decided to not cancel the application and just hope for the best. I have included the following documents for my husbands EEA Family permit :

1. Declaration Letter
2. Printed and signed VAF5 application form
3. One passport-sized colour photograph of applicant
4. Applicant’s passport
5. Applicant’s National ID
6. Certified copy of EEA National’s passport
7. Photocopy of EEA National’s passport
8. Copy of EEA National’s National Insurance Card
9. Confirmation of EEA National’s National Insurance Number
10. Marriage Certificate
11. Proof of EEA National exercising treaty rights in the UK:
11.1 Employer letter
11.1 Employment contract
11.2 5 payslips
11.3 Stamped bank statements showing salary over 5 months
12. Proof of Accommodation
12.1 Landlord Letter
12.2 Utility Bill
12.3 Land registry
13. Western Union money receipts
14. Applicant’s bank statements showing the money he has received via Western Union
15. TB Test Certificate
16. Declaration of EEA & Applicant’s story (signed by both)
17. Applicant’s police clearance certificate
18. EEA National Ticket Confirmation (showing that she will be visiting applicant during Christmas holidays)
19. Hotel reservation letter from honeymoon
20. Set of Pictures (over 200 pictures in colour which were then photocopied in black and white at the VSF in Dhaka)
21. Screenshots of Viber call log
22. Facebook post/update screenshots
23. Facebook messenger conversation screenshots
24. Emails
25. WhatsApp message screenshots
26. Text message screenshots
27. Wedding cards
28. Reference letter from a friend
29. A copy of how much applicant’s ticket will cost if he was to travel on the intended travel date mentioned on the VAF5 application form.
30. Photocopies of all original documents provided

jessy_h93
Newly Registered

Post by jessy_h93 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:06 am

progazna wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:55 pm
jessy_h93 wrote:

hi jessy,
please share did you submit the documents in 2 sets like original and copy or did you submit only originals.
thanks
Hi progazna,

I submitted 2 sets. So I had the original documents and then the photocopies of all the original documents I submitted. However at VSF they didn't bother about the photocopies at all. They just scanned in the originals. It is really weird because on their website it's clearly mentioned that we need to provide them with the originals and the photocopies. However they did keep the original copy of the declaration letter, the story letter, reference letter from a friend and the landlord's accommodation letter.

jessy_h93
Newly Registered

Post by jessy_h93 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:06 am

Merzit wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:53 am
jessy_h93 wrote:

Hi
All the cases are differents, but one thing sure is you need to wait 6 months. Today for me is 118 working days and I never complain and still without any email. And I am europe waiting 6 months and some people from india or pakistan get it in 3 months, unbelievable. So all depend of your case, just be patient and don’t lost your hope.
That's really frustrating, I hope you get your EEA Family permit soon

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:15 am

jessy_h93 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:02 am
yanaveron wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:14 pm
jessy_h93 wrote:

Hi jessy_h93,

Regards
Thank you very much for your advise. We have decided to not cancel the application and just hope for the best. I have included the following documents for my husbands EEA Family permit :

1. Declaration Letter
2. Printed and signed VAF5 application form
3. One passport-sized colour photograph of applicant
4. Applicant’s passport
5. Applicant’s National ID
6. Certified copy of EEA National’s passport
7. Photocopy of EEA National’s passport
8. Copy of EEA National’s National Insurance Card
9. Confirmation of EEA National’s National Insurance Number
10. Marriage Certificate
11. Proof of EEA National exercising treaty rights in the UK:
11.1 Employer letter
11.1 Employment contract
11.2 5 payslips
11.3 Stamped bank statements showing salary over 5 months
12. Proof of Accommodation
12.1 Landlord Letter
12.2 Utility Bill
12.3 Land registry
13. Western Union money receipts
14. Applicant’s bank statements showing the money he has received via Western Union
15. TB Test Certificate
16. Declaration of EEA & Applicant’s story (signed by both)
17. Applicant’s police clearance certificate
18. EEA National Ticket Confirmation (showing that she will be visiting applicant during Christmas holidays)
19. Hotel reservation letter from honeymoon
20. Set of Pictures (over 200 pictures in colour which were then photocopied in black and white at the VSF in Dhaka)
21. Screenshots of Viber call log
22. Facebook post/update screenshots
23. Facebook messenger conversation screenshots
24. Emails
25. WhatsApp message screenshots
26. Text message screenshots
27. Wedding cards
28. Reference letter from a friend
29. A copy of how much applicant’s ticket will cost if he was to travel on the intended travel date mentioned on the VAF5 application form.
30. Photocopies of all original documents provided
Hi Jessy,
I think with all documents you have provided you should be alright.
Good luck with your application and share please with us when you have an update.
Regards

jessy_h93
Newly Registered

Post by jessy_h93 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:04 am

Hi Jessy,
Good luck with your application and share please with us when you have an update.
Regards
[/quote]

Thank you yanaveron, are you waiting for a decision too?

CON
Newly Registered
India

Post by CON » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:11 am

Oliver12 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:30 pm
CON wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:34 am
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Hi

Applied from Mumbai vfs dated 28/08/17
Escalated only once, recived not straight forward email
Still awaiting response...
Hi Oliver,

Thanks - Hoping they respond. Did you avail for fast track and have you retained your passport?

Thanks.

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:30 am

jessy_h93 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:04 am
Hi Jessy,
Regards
[/quote]
Hi Jessy,
Yes, i am waiting for the decision as well. I applied 23 August, done several escalations, got involved MP and Solvit, writing many complaints, seems nothing works...

jessy_h93
Newly Registered

Post by jessy_h93 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:09 pm

yanaveron wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:30 am
jessy_h93 wrote:
Hi Jessy,
Regards
Hi Jessy,
Yes, i am waiting for the decision as well. I applied 23 August, done several escalations, got involved MP and Solvit, writing many complaints, seems nothing works...
[/quote]

Good luck to you too yanaveron, I really hope you get your permit soon. I'll keep you updated about my husband's permit please do update us about your one too.

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Hi everyone,
My spouse got refusal on her family permit application, the reason being that she did not submit my bank statement showing my income from my employment in UK. I live and work in UK.

That decision is very very funny because she submitted my Employment contract, 8 months payslips and a letter from my employer.

However, i would like to know if we can appeal the decision and also reapply at the same time?

Does anyone know how long appeal could take and how much do we have to pay?. I saw online that there is a fee for appeals, but as family permit application is free, will the appeal also be free?
Any idea would help please. Thanks.
Ola2

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:34 pm

yanaveron wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:24 am
Rheeb1 wrote:
Hello everyone
From Ukraine 🇺🇦

My question plz:

Hi,
Go through some previous pages in this forum and you will see that there are people who have been waiting since April...
You can try to involve your local MP in UK and Solvit, they can deal with your case on behalf of you. But its not really clear if that helps...
Regards

thank you yanaveron

but i did not understand what you mean by involve your local MP in UK and Solvit?

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:51 pm

jessy_h93 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:09 pm
yanaveron wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:30 am
jessy_h93 wrote:
Hi Jessy,
Regards
Hi Jessy,
Good luck to you too yanaveron, I really hope you get your permit soon. I'll keep you updated about my husband's permit please do update us about your one too.
[/quote]
Will do :)
Thank you
Good luck to you too!

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Rheeb1 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:34 pm
yanaveron wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:24 am
Rheeb1 wrote:
Hello everyone
From Ukraine 🇺🇦

My question plz:

Hi,
Regards

thank you yanaveron

but i did not understand what you mean by involve your local MP in UK and Solvit?
Hi,
MP its Minister of Parliament, who can help you with stuff like that and not only ( just google MP for your postal code in UK, you will see the contact, where you can write an email explaining your situation)
Solvit is an European organisation represents EEA rights abroad.
Go through some pages back, there were links posted.

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Ola2 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:24 pm
Hi everyone,
My spouse got refusal on her family permit application, the reason being that she did not submit my bank statement showing my income from my employment in UK. I live and work in UK.

That decision is very very funny because she submitted my Employment contract, 8 months payslips and a letter from my employer.

However, i would like to know if we can appeal the decision and also reapply at the same time?

Does anyone know how long appeal could take and how much do we have to pay?. I saw online that there is a fee for appeals, but as family permit application is free, will the appeal also be free?
Ola2
Hi ola2... really sorry for u... may i know when and from wer ur spouse submitted the applicatn?

hasan123
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by hasan123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:09 pm

[quote=jessy_h93 post_id=1559489 time=1510174229 user_id=176255]

hi Jessy, you are on the track, don’t worry. Photocopy of photo is just for formality nothing else. I haves submitted also from Dhaka vfs on 10 sept and got not straight forward mail on sept 28, still waiting without any update. Moreover I did not give any photo that creates more anxiety on me. Best of luck

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Ola2 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:24 pm
Hi everyone,

Ola2
Hello Ola
Im so sorry to hear that, you don’t deserve that reason. Now I’m afraid because Me and my husband we are 23 years old and we don’t have job or any contract and maybe Visa is coming declined :cry:
Anyway, what time and where did you applied your Visa?
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.

hasan123
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by hasan123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:21 pm

jessy_h93 wrote:

hi Jessy, you are on the track, don’t worry. Photocopy of photo is just for formality nothing else. I haves submitted also from Dhaka vfs on 10 sept and got not straight forward mail on sept 28, still waiting without any update. Moreover I did not give any photo that creates more anxiety on me. Best of luck