ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 am

kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:13 am
MAS99 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:09 am
Can they tell you if a caseworker has been assigned or not ?

I have been emailing them for days just asking what date order application is considered so far e.g 27 June tc

but they are not even replying to that..

I might send them a full angry email with full of shit at the end of day..
They won't answer that question as they are sticking to the party line that they process in order.

Definitely do not send an angry email, you will never get an answer. How long have you been waiting?
User applied on 1st July.

british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p1556420
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:43 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 am
kirkerj wrote:
MAS99 wrote:

I have been emailing them for days just asking what date order application is considered so far e.g 27 June tc

They won't answer that question as they are sticking to the party line that they process in order.

Definitely do not send an angry email, you will never get an answer. How long have you been waiting?

Thanks CR001.

I don't think you should worry too much, or get angry with them, people from the end of May are just getting processed now (and yes I know there are anomalies like people from August being approved which irritate me as well!) But I don't think sending a stroppy email will help. Remain nice until 6 months then get firm (but not rude!)

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:11 pm

1st of July Yes

They called my referee in Sep-17 and then no more updates

It is too frustrating now. I passed Passport office on my way to work everyday and it just irritate me more.. :mrgreen:

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:14 pm

MAS99 wrote:

Sincere suggestion bro - Don't send an angry email. The people working on our cases are just doing their job, and just have too much to do with very few resources. If you have to send an email, that should be to the secretary of state, asking her to add workforce to ease the pain on existing workers.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:27 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:11 pm
1st of July Yes

It is too frustrating now. I passed Passport office on my way to work everyday and it just irritate me more.. :mrgreen:
Mine have not been rung at all but apparently they often don't get called.

Trying to figure out how they process them is like trying to figure out the meaning of life-impossible

alpha82
Newly Registered

Post by alpha82 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:39 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:43 am
CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 am
kirkerj wrote:
MAS99 wrote:

Thanks CR001.

I don't think you should worry too much, or get angry with them, people from the end of May are just getting processed now (and yes I know there are anomalies like people from August being approved which irritate me as well!) But I don't think sending a stroppy email will help. Remain nice until 6 months then get firm (but not rude!)
Mate, I applied on 24th May and haven't heard a thing yet. No request for additional documents, no contacts with ref. Have had a clean spanking record since I migrated. I'm sure you can imagine how frustrated I must be but there is nothing we can do. God bless the Tories for bleeding the public sector to its knees with austerity and we all are suffering. Anyways remain calm, they have to one fine day complete our cases.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:08 pm

MAS99 wrote:
1st of July Yes

Some perspective for you, there are members on the forum that have been waiting since 2015 for their applications to be processed and finalised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:08 pm
MAS99 wrote:
1st of July Yes

Some perspective for you, there are members on the forum that have been waiting since 2015 for their applications to be processed and finalised.
If say it goes over 6 months and I am over it and want to withdraw my application and go live in Timbuctoo, do I need to formally withdraw my application-if so, how?

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:29 pm

MAS99 wrote:
1st of July Yes

There is now someone who applied in September who has been approved. It's seeing those that really get my goat. How unfair is that?

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Got an email saying that my case is still not with any caseworker.. very sad................

I might do chargeback on my fees after my application is done.. saying "I don't know this vendor" :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:51 pm

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
For those interested in withdrawing their application.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:52 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:12 pm
Got an email saying that my case is still not with any caseworker.. very sad................

I might do chargeback on my fees after my application is done.. saying "I don't know this vendor" :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Good luck.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:08 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:51 pm
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
For those interested in withdrawing their application.
Thanks, hopefully I won't need to use it

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:39 pm

Does anybody have phone number to contact HO if their application is pending more than 6 months..

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:44 pm

I applied on 13th of June, (Tier 1 Gen + 1 year ILR), and just had a response from the Homeoffice that the case has not yet been assigned to the case worker. Still clueless on how they assign cases :(

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:52 pm

aabbasi wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:44 pm
I applied on 13th of June, (Tier 1 Gen + 1 year ILR), and just had a response from the Homeoffice that the case has not yet been assigned to the case worker. Still clueless on how they assign cases :(
See I think that's really poor. They have had 5 months to assign (which I assume is the first step!). I would be at them the minute it flicked to 6 months. Don't let them drag this out for you

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:19 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:52 pm
See I think that's really poor. They have had 5 months to assign (which I assume is the first step!). I would be at them the minute it flicked to 6 months. Don't let them drag this out for you
I agree. I mean i know all that privilege vs right stuff, but the point is you have an application and you haven't even assigned it to a case-worker. How did you manage to assign the September applications to case-workers?

I was actually looking forward to a decision in few days as most people have had to wait for 5 months from the date of receipt with home office.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:22 pm

aabbasi wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:19 pm
kirkerj wrote:
I agree. I mean i know all that privilege vs right stuff, but the point is you have an application and you haven't even assigned it to a case-worker. How did you manage to assign the September applications to case-workers?

I was actually looking forward to a decision in few days as most people have had to wait for 5 months from the date of receipt with home office.
You never know, this might have been a prompt for them to hurry up and allocate it. ALSO who knows what they mean by that-maybe the allocation is the last stage (after checks done by others), then the caseworker gets allocated and the application checked by them as a final review.

Its so non transparent so we may never know!

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:26 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:22 pm
You never know, this might have been a prompt for them to hurry up and allocate it. ALSO who knows what they mean by that-maybe the allocation is the last stage (after checks done by others), then the caseworker gets allocated and the application checked by them as a final review.

That's true. It may be a case where they are waiting for inputs before it gets decided. I have decided to get an immigration lawyer. I infact contacted him after 3.5 months, and he said that they need to wait until 6 months before they can step in.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:39 pm

aabbasi wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:26 pm
kirkerj wrote:

That's true. It may be a case where they are waiting for inputs before it gets decided. I have decided to get an immigration lawyer. I infact contacted him after 3.5 months, and he said that they need to wait until 6 months before they can step in.
That's a good idea re the immigration lawyer, I might do the same (hopefully it doesn't come to that). It's so stressful, at least this forum lets you know you aren't the only one in this situation.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:24 pm

kirkerj wrote:
aabbasi wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:19 pm
kirkerj wrote:

That;s correct.

They allocate case worker after all checks are done.. Case worker normally review all finding and finalise descion.

Just keep emailing them every few days just to remind them ..

Sakos
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by Sakos » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi Guys
I have applied in 13th of July and been waiting since then. I only started checking my status online about two weeks ago using Case ID and still showing awaiting decision. Today I ckecked using Biometric Residence Permit number and the status showed decided. When I checked it again using Case ID showed awaiting decision. What's your thoughts on this? Anyone checked the status using Biometric Residence Permit number? Thanks

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:38 pm

BRP was separate application. They have decided this case so that's why it is showing as decided

Sakos
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by Sakos » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:01 am

MAS99 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:38 pm
BRP was separate application. They have decided this case so that's why it is showing as decided
But in the HO websites mentioned that you can use your case ID or BRP number or payment ref number to check your application status.

Sakos
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by Sakos » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:13 am

Hi Guys
Please can you check your application status using Biometric Residence Permit number and let me know the result. As It worked for some people. Thanks