ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (SETTLEMENT) TO BRITISH PASSPORT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

peacefultraveller

ILR (SETTLEMENT) TO BRITISH PASSPORT

Post by peacefultraveller » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:30 pm

Hello,

Posting to find some information about the above topic; could I please find this information for a close friend of mine.

The friend is on ILR and the person is aware they have to wait 12 months before applying for citizenship; what could someone be kind to break it down please?

Do they; apply for the citizenship after 12 months then wait till they receive the naturalized certificate, then with the certificate and LIUK test and English proof, do they apply for the british passport afterwards?

If so, how long does it take until they receive the passport in their actual hands?

Is there a processing time?

eoo10

Re: ILR (SETTLEMENT) TO BRITISH PASSPORT

Post by eoo10 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:17 am

peacefultraveller wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:30 pm
Hello,

Posting to find some information about the above topic; could I please find this information for a close friend of mine.

The friend is on ILR and the person is aware they have to wait 12 months before applying for citizenship; what could someone be kind to break it down please?

Do they; apply for the citizenship after 12 months then wait till they receive the naturalized certificate, then with the certificate and LIUK test and English proof, do they apply for the british passport afterwards?

If so, how long does it take until they receive the passport in their actual hands?

Is there a processing time?

Simply apply for JCAP via nationality checking service of any participating council. JCAP covers your naturalisation and passport application via ncs only

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (SETTLEMENT) TO BRITISH PASSPORT

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:42 am

peacefultraveller wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:30 pm
Apply for citizenship and passport together at NCS at the council as the other member already advised.

The English requirement and LIUK must be submitted with the application for CITIZENSHIP.

Currently it is taking 4 months or more for citizenship approvals. Passport is only issued after the ceremony is attended (if applying using the joint service at NCS).

If you friend applies by post himself, he will then have to apply for the passport separately once he has attended his citizenship ceremony.

See FAQs link below.

british-citizenship/citizenship-faqs-co ... 95747.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.