ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help for Family Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

virgotash

Help for Family Naturalisation

Post by virgotash » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:37 am

Hi guys,

Once again I am here for your valuable suggestion/advise. Though my application for naturalisation is under process but I want to apply for my wife and 3 kids as well now. Before apply just want to reconfirm I am doing the right thing.

1. My wife and 3 kids entered UK 03/08/2012 and my wife got ILR 20/10/2016 but 3 kids they got ILR on 27/02/2017.

My question is can they apply as per 5 years rule plus 12 months on ILR (my wife) but we can ignore kids ILR date?

2. My wife never worked in UK and remained house wife during this period but she has NI number my intention is to attached that NI letter and few letters from GP and bank statement.

My question is are these enough or are I am missing any other documents?

3. For kids should I need to attach any documents with their applications?

Last but not least in 2013 Police came to our flat because my wife pick my youngest son from one primary school (P1) and leave him home and went to other primary school (5 mins away) to collect other 2 kids from school. They told that you can't leave him alone home. She admitted and told she left him home as he is reluctant to go with me and i am unaware about law here but assured will never leave him again. They issued warning or caution i am not sure (this happened in Scotland). Should I mention this incident under warning / caution section or leave it.

Thanks in advance for reading / advising.

vinny

Re: Help for Family Naturalisation

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:57 am

1. They expect kids to have ILR.
2. Employment is not a requirement.
3. See also Application form.

If wife has been cautioned, then she should wait until 3 years have passed. Should be okay as caution was from 2013. Should mention.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:59 am

1. My wife and 3 kids entered UK 03/08/2012 and my wife got ILR 20/10/2016 but 3 kids they got ILR on 27/02/2017.

My question is can they apply as per 5 years rule plus 12 months on ILR (my wife) but we can ignore kids ILR date?
Children can apply when wife applies or once your citizenship is granted.
2. My wife never worked in UK and remained house wife during this period but she has NI number my intention is to attached that NI letter and few letters from GP and bank statement.

My question is are these enough or are I am missing any other documents?
There is no requirement to have employment for citizenship.
3. For kids should I need to attach any documents with their applications?
Read the MN1 form and guidance notes. It tells you what to send for each child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:38 am

Hi Vinny and CR001,

Thanks for your prompt response. In question 2 I meant to ask is she require to attach any documents for application to prove 5 years residence, though her passport is stamped while she entered. And also in 10 years work history can i leave it blank or write date from entered to date as housewife and leave blank tax office address etc.

2. I go through form MN1 and guidance note but can't see any specific documentation or requirement which should be attached. Only in section Avenues to citizenship it says that applications must demonstrate to the Home Secretary where the child meets existing criteria. I am not sure should I attach any documents to proof this? Any thoughts / suggestion please.

Thanks for your advise in advance.

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:57 am

Hi all,
I wonder if any one can advise. In my earlier post I mentioned that my wife has incident for leaving child at home and its advised by moderators ie. CR001 that I should mention that on her application. As I was totally unaware about what happened and dates of incident. So approached Disclosure team and local Police they advised if you want any spent or unspent conviction all should be known that could be seen through Subject access report (SAR) instead basic disclosure.So applied for SAR and today i received letter and Police confirmed that nothing held on PNC and CHS database. So assumed that wasn't recorded an incident. Do you think still i need to mention that even i don't know dates and rest details.

@CR001 as per your advise i looked on MN1 form and guidelines but can't find any thing special. Only thing is worrying me is the below post where people attaching a lot of letters and from School etc. which in my opinion not making any sense to me for MN1. Would you mind shedding light why they were doing that or still I have to as well.

Thanks in advance.

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:27 pm

[quote=virgotash post_id=1560255 time=1510315043 user_id=91999]
Hi all,
I wonder if any one can advise. In my earlier post I mentioned that my wife has incident for leaving child at home and its advised by moderators ie. CR001 that I should mention that on her application. As I was totally unaware about what happened and dates of incident. So approached Disclosure team and local Police they advised if you want any spent or unspent conviction all should be known that could be seen through Subject access report (SAR) instead basic disclosure.So applied for SAR and today i received letter and Police confirmed that nothing held on PNC and CHS database. So assumed that wasn't recorded an incident. Do you think still i need to mention that even i don't know dates and rest details.

@CR001 as per your advise i looked on MN1 form and guidelines but can't find any thing special. Only thing is worrying me is the below post where people attaching a lot of letters and from School etc. which in my opinion not making any sense to me for MN1. Would you mind shedding light why they were doing that or still I have to as well.
Sorry forgot to post the link which is as below:- posts by BIG DOBBY

british-citizenship/re-mn1-section-3-1- ... 21838.html

Thanks in advance.

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi all,

I assume nothing there to offer any suggestion / advise. but if still some one like to advise will be appreciated. So will try to manage my self which obviously great input from this forum. That's all for me and my family.

Any way I will like to thank all members and moderators for helping during immigration journey especially CR001, Vinny and Casa. :D
Service beyond excellence.
Many many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:26 pm

I don't have access to the forms at the moment so cannot look which is why I have not responded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Informal discussions with the Police do not normally need to be mentioned. A formal caution or reprimand is different (also a court conviction)- but these details should usually be available from records. In addition, there's a procedure to be followed for formal cautions and it's not something that can simply happen without an individual being aware of it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:16 am

Thanks very much JAJ. Its really a great help much appreciated.