ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant - Withdrawal

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrlondoninuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant - Withdrawal

Post by mrlondoninuk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi Members

I have applied for an extension for Tier 1 Ent. visa along with my wife as dependent in April. Due to some family emergency, my wife needs to travel back and so I wondered what is the process for withdrawing her application. Also, how long does it takes for documents to be returned back? What would be the process like if she re-applied once I get my visa? I just wondered if there would be any complications or how long would it take when she re-applies.

Please advise.

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant - Withdrawal

Post by marcnath » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:09 pm

mrlondoninuk wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:34 pm
Hi Members

I have applied for an extension for Tier 1 Ent. visa along with my wife as dependent in April. Due to some family emergency, my wife needs to travel back and so I wondered what is the process for withdrawing her application. Also, how long does it takes for documents to be returned back? What would be the process like if she re-applied once I get my visa? I just wondered if there would be any complications or how long would it take when she re-applies.

Please advise.
Depending on how urgent it is and the nature of the emergency, your first approach would be to write to HO with evidence of the emergency and request expedited processing. You can give it a couple of weeks to see if they act (I rate it as a 50-50 chance)
If you can't wait, you can apply for the documents at https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned Details are at the website.
When she is ready to come back, it is the usual processing times from overseas (probably still similar to your first application). And, the five year clock for ILR may restart (not 100% sure)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.