ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FM Direct Family Member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

EEA FM Direct Family Member

Post by aarshad01 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:52 pm

Hello, Everyone good evening,

I have one quick question from all the experts here, Im a non EEA national, I and my wife applied for my mother as a direct family members in Pakistan this Friday. during the submission of the documents at VFS.they took all originals,scanned them and return. but i just read on the website that we had to submit the photocopies aswelll of the originals though the person who were taking documents didn't ask for photocopies or anything else. im really stressed now as Home Office always find a reason to refuse! do u think they will refuse our application on that grounds ?? thanks waiting for the answer !!

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: EEA FM Direct Family Member

Post by aarshad01 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:28 pm

any suggestion please ?????????????????????????????

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:54 pm

AIUI mothers-in-law aren't eligible for EEA FP.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:35 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:54 pm
May i respectfully ask you basis for such conclusion. It does not appear that you are able to come to such conclusion on the basis of OP's post alone.

OP's mother may well not qualify, or she may well qualify, but my difficulty is the basis for your conclusion.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:57 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:35 pm
Wanderer wrote:
May i respectfully ask you basis for such conclusion. It does not appear that you are able to come to such conclusion on the basis of OP's post alone.

OP's mother may well not qualify, or she may well qualify, but my difficulty is the basis for your conclusion.
Read it on another forum and along with reading the OP's other posts and replies I formed an opinion, which I qualified with the well-known epithet AIUI.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:31 pm

The direct descendant in the asecending line of the spouse of an EEA national will qualify for an EEA family permit, if they are dependent on the EEA national or the spouse of the EEA national.

So your swiping statement may not be correct.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:54 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:31 pm
The direct descendant in the asecending line of the spouse of an EEA national will qualify for an EEA family permit, if they are dependent on the EEA national or the spouse of the EEA national.

So your swiping statement may not be correct.
Deleted: Thought better of it. Didn't want a ban....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:08 pm

Well I had no intention for banning you for your views.

I have in my life in the UK seen people whose 1st language is not English, doing a better job than natives by a mile.

Seen as you English is your first language as opposed to a foreign person, you may wish to direct me as to where in the English dictionary I can find the acronym that you mentioned. Which at it, you may wish to advise me on when an acronym becomes part of the english language vocabulary.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 pm

Obie, I believe that Wanderer may have been alluding to the fact that the OP's mother wouldn't be considered a direct family member for the purpose of qualifying for an EEA Family Permit and would be an extended family member (EEA EFM).

From 1 February 2017 the rights of extended family members only applies to
relatives of the EEA national and not to relatives of the EEA national’s spouse or civil
partner. This means that an extended family member can no longer rely on their
relationship to the EEA national’s spouse or civil partner in order to meet the
requirements of regulation 8. Instead, they must show that they are related to the
EEA national.

Am I missing something? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Page 6
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s-V5_0.pdf

I had read the EEA FM application form https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -03-17.pdf which states that

"In all other cases, you must be the:
• spouse or civil partner of the relevant EEA national/British citizen,
• child or grandchild of the relevant EEA national/British citizen, or of their spouse/civil partner,
and be aged under 21 or dependent, or
• dependent parent or grandparent of the relevant EEA national/British citizen, or of their
spouse/civil partner. "

in the section which states who can apply on this form.

I had advised my German friend who had the same question about his Mother in Law just yesterday and read this. Guess it's the case that the form has not been updated yet?

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 pm
Obie, I believe that Wanderer may have been alluding to the fact that the OP's mother wouldn't be considered a direct family member for the purpose of qualifying for an EEA Family Permit and would be an extended family member (EEA EFM).

From 1 February 2017 the rights of extended family members only applies to
relatives of the EEA national and not to relatives of the EEA national’s spouse or civil
partner. This means that an extended family member can no longer rely on their
relationship to the EEA national’s spouse or civil partner in order to meet the
requirements of regulation 8. Instead, they must show that they are related to the
EEA national.

Am I missing something? :?

Well i do not wish to deal with that guidance, as a matter of law, it is incorrect, but for present purpose, there is no necessity for me to address it.

Susi I tried to establish the basis for Wanderer making his statement. If it is a blanket statement, then he must be wrong, if he says there ability to qualify is subject to being a dependent, then i will respectfully have agreed, and it will not have been necessary for me to trouble the thread with my comments.

That guidance will offend the directive if it applied to dependent parents.

Dependent parents or Grand parents are family member by virtue of dependency, provided of course they are dependent.

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Wanderer wrote:
1st of all whats is AIUI ? second since when direct family members of EEA nationals not eligible to apply for EEA FP ? also my question was something else which is not yet answered !!

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:10 pm

Anyone here to answerr my question please

Rajput345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rajput345 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:13 pm

aarshad01 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:52 pm

I have one quick question from all the experts here, Im a non EEA national, I and my wife applied for my mother as a direct family members in Pakistan this Friday. during the submission of the documents at VFS.they took all originals,scanned them and return. but i just read on the website that we had to submit the photocopies aswelll of the originals though the person who were taking documents didn't ask for photocopies or anything else. im really stressed now as Home Office always find a reason to refuse! do u think they will refuse our application on that grounds ?? thanks waiting for the answer !!
aarshad01 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:10 pm
Hello aarshad01 i have also applied EEA FP 05nov 2017
from lahore i went to vfs with original and copies of all docs but vfs only scan all docs not submit copies
I asked them submit copies but they said only scaning.

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 pm

alright, my solicitor said me to submit copy also but my mother didnt take with her, neither VFS staff asked for the copies. Just to update everyone here my mother got the visa today! wasn't expecting since last refusal !
can anyone tell here, If she can travel with us to EUROPE ? on 6 months EEA FAMILY DEPENDED visa ??

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 am

aarshad01 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 pm
can anyone tell here, If she can travel with us to EUROPE ? on 6 months EEA FAMILY DEPENDED visa ??
Once she has got the Family Permit, she needs to arrive in the UK and apply for a Residence Card.

Once she has the Residence Card, she can travel within the EU provided she is either accompanying or travelling to join the EU citizen and/or their spouse.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

J10M
South Africa

Post by J10M » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:08 am

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 am
aarshad01 wrote:
Once she has got the Family Permit, she needs to arrive in the UK and apply for a Residence Card.

Once she has the Residence Card, she can travel within the EU provided she is either accompanying or travelling to join the EU citizen and/or their spouse.
Is this part of the EU law?

I am just asking as I am awaiting a decision on my residence card and then my partner and I were hoping to get some travelling done.

So you saying that I wouldn't need to apply for a Schengen provided we travel together?

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:12 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 am
aarshad01 wrote:

Thank you Simon, can you tell me what should we need before she comes to UK ? as she doesnt speak english at all, would it be ideal if i go and bring her ? or it wouldnt be problem at immigration ? as they does last time with me also

sundee
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by sundee » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 pm

aarshad01 wrote:
alright, my solicitor said me to submit copy also but my mother didnt take with her, neither VFS staff asked for the copies. Just to update everyone here my mother got the visa today! wasn't expecting since last refusal !
Hi aashad01, many congrats for your mother's visa. I too am planning to apply for an EEA family permit for my non-EEA mother in Nepal, can you please tell me how long the process took for you?

Thanks

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:18 pm

sundee wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 pm
aarshad01 wrote:
Hi aashad01, many congrats for your mother's visa. I too am planning to apply for an EEA family permit for my non-EEA mother in Nepal, can you please tell me how long the process took for you?

Thanks
thank you! we applied on 20th oct and got result on 13th nov!

Hassanshafiq610
Newly Registered

Post by Hassanshafiq610 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:13 pm

aarshad01 wrote:
Hi arshad i will be applying for my mother from lahore on the same basis of yours. Can you guide me for the procedure and requirments please? I will be doing all by myself without going to any solicitor. Need your help! Thanks
Last edited by Hassanshafiq610 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hassanshafiq610
Newly Registered

Post by Hassanshafiq610 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:17 pm

Rajput345 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:13 pm
aarshad01 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:52 pm

aarshad01 wrote:
Hello aarshad01 i have also applied EEA FP 05nov 2017
from lahore i went to vfs with original and copies of all docs but vfs only scan all docs not submit copies
I asked them submit copies but they said only scaning.
Hi rajput, i will be applying for my mother for same visa from lahore next week. Can you tell me the requirments and procedure as i wont be using any solicitor for it. Thanks

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:57 pm

sure what help do u need ??

Hassanshafiq610
Newly Registered

Post by Hassanshafiq610 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:26 am

aarshad01 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:57 pm
sure what help do u need ??
Can you get in touch through my email xxxxxxxxx please.

Moderator edir: contact email removed under the Board Ts&Cs

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:27 am

sorry ask me here whatever u like - happy to answer u