ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is P60 enough to confirm presence in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

daymian86
Newly Registered
Poland

Is P60 enough to confirm presence in the UK

Post by daymian86 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Hello Everyone :)

I am EEA citizen. Yesterday I submitted my application through NCS service. I attached 10 years worth of P60's as an evidence of me living in the UK.
Lady in NCS said there might be some issues with that as P60's only cover period till April, so technically I don't have coverage from April this year until now. She asked me for some bank statements covering this period, but I didn't have them with me, so I made some mobile phone screenshots of my online banking and e-mailed it to her. She printed all out, but it obviously doesn't look like a proper bank statement, as it is only mobile phone screenshot. It looked pretty badly really. We decided to send out the application anyway, as she was saying HO will ask me for more details if they will need them.
Now I think sending it out like this was a mistake :cry: .
I am little bit anxious about it, and I am worried that P60's might be not enough.
What you guys think about it? Should I contact HO and send over some extra payslips covering period from April till now?

Thank you everyone for help

Basia1
Newly Registered

Re: Is P60 enough to confirm presence in the UK

Post by Basia1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Hmmm... I thought banks statements arent sufficient to prove your presence? I was under impression that HO only accepts various government departments letters... Possibly GP letter

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:45 am

I am not sure about what the NCS lady told you, to my understanding the HO has so many ways of checking peoples present in the UK.

HNI1216
Newly Registered

Post by HNI1216 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:03 am

The HO will not accept bank statements. If you don't have P60 then your payslips will be enough.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Get a work history from HMRC with TAX and NI contributions.. That's the best proof of employment and also proving residency.

dtames
Newly Registered

Post by dtames » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Based on the language in the AN1 form I thought letters of employment should be sufficient to establish presence. Are P60s / HMRC history necessary?