ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension - (English Language and NARIC)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

FLR

Tier 1 extension - (English Language and NARIC)

Post by FLR » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Hello all,

I am from 1+3 category and soon will have to apply for Tier 1 extension. I have got couple of questions if some one could help:

1. I have a score of 6.5 bands in IELTS which expired September 2006, can I use this result to get the required 10 points?
2. The form mentions "Self Assessment Tool" which I assume is available on BIA site as Points Calculator? I can see my institution/university on this list awarding 20 points so can I use this?

Thanks.

FLR

Post by FLR » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:37 am

I'm wondering if some one would know if we can use expired IELTS result/certificate for extension? When I applied for HSMP four years before there were no requirements of IELTS but I provided, and in the meanwhile it has expired as it's only valid for 2 years.

FLR

Post by FLR » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Let me answer myself with some useful information that I would like to share with you, if it helps.

I found it out from BIA help line and following are the replies:

1. I have a score of 6.5 bands in IELTS which expired September 2006, can I use this result to get the required 10 points?
--->I don't have to requalify for IELTS but have to send the certificate along for reference.

2. The form mentions "Self Assessment Tool" which I assume is available on BIA site as Points Calculator? I can see my institution/university on this list awarding 20 points so can I use this?
---> As my institution and degree appears on the Self Assessment Tool I don't have to apply for NARIC.

3. They said that if I'm not advised to register for Police Certificate I don't have to provide Police Certificate.

4. There's no premium service currently in place for One-Day process of the extension.

nibbs08

Post by nibbs08 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:56 am

Thanks FLR 4 tht ,actually I called in regardin the same situation and they replied the same.

I am thinkin of goin for my degree rather than old IELTS as there is no written evidence on the website and as u know the BIA customers service is separate from the case workers.

cheers

:)

FLR

Post by FLR » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:17 pm

Nibbs08,

What do you mean by the following?
I am thinkin of goin for my degree rather than old IELTS as there is no written evidence on the website and as u know the BIA customers service is separate from the case workers.