ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jackpot10
Newly Registered
Congo

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by jackpot10 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 am

Hi to all,

Please which address can i use to send Home office a letter. because i can see many address online when i google it so i don't know the right address to send letter . I will be greatfull if anyone can give me the right address thanks

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:17 am

jackpot10 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:33 am
Hi All,

Please can anyone give me the home office address where you can send your application.

Need to give to a friend as mind the solicitor help me to send thanks
It tells you where to send it in the AN guide document towards the end. I would strongly suggest you/your friend read the AN guide and booklet before applying.

Also, not to sound impolite, but if the solicitor can't figure out where to send this to, you/your friend may want to consider another solicitor.

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:09 am

i have sent email to 'nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk' had a quick replys within hours and sent email to Citizenship Support <Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk> they replied in 4 working days, about my status .
i guess they have mentioned " Your documents have been printed and are waiting to be despatched to the Local Authority."

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 am

jayacpr wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:09 am
i have sent email to 'nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk' had a quick replys within hours and sent email to Citizenship Support <Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk> they replied in 4 working days, about my status .
i guess they have mentioned " Your documents have been printed and are waiting to be despatched to the Local Authority."
So you have been approved? Has it not been updated on line?

navinw

Post by navinw » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:20 am

kirkerj wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 am
jayacpr wrote:
I would not suggest you to follow the online status as my status online is still showing Awaiting but i received the approval along with Ceremony invitation letter and also i have booked the ceremony for next week.
So plz don;t rely on the status online.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 am

navinw wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:20 am
kirkerj wrote:
jayacpr wrote:
I would not suggest you to follow the online status as my status online is still showing Awaiting but i received the approval along with Ceremony invitation letter and also i have booked the ceremony for next week.
Thanks I won't! What's your view on emailing them a lot to chase? Did you do that? Someone on another page has recommended that as a course of action but I don't want to irritate them.

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:33 am

kirkerj wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 am
navinw wrote:
kirkerj wrote:
jayacpr wrote:
Thanks I won't! What's your view on emailing them a lot to chase? Did you do that? Someone on another page has recommended that as a course of action but I don't want to irritate them.
My online status still says awaiting decesion.
i have sent about 4 emails in which 3 were replied.

aimu123
Newly Registered

Post by aimu123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:28 pm

jayacpr wrote:
Congrats jaya cpr.
My one still showing awaiting decisions I am going to send email like you did , I think we both applied same day . Still I have no decision yet
I am very frustrated

navinw

Post by navinw » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:34 pm

kirkerj wrote:
navinw wrote:
kirkerj wrote:
jayacpr wrote:
No, i didn't chased them.
Coz they would not reply with real status...
Even if you email them, they are not going to bother you with anything....
So just wait & watch...nothing else we can do.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:43 pm

navinw wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:34 pm
kirkerj wrote:
navinw wrote:
kirkerj wrote:

Thanks, I think I will leave it unless I get to the 6 months point! Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

I kind of think if everyone emails them it just wastes more of their time when they could be approving us :P

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:50 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:43 pm
navinw wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:34 pm
kirkerj wrote:
navinw wrote:

Thanks, I think I will leave it unless I get to the 6 months point! Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

I kind of think if everyone emails them it just wastes more of their time when they could be approving us :P
Or rejecting us!

amuzaini
Newly Registered
Mood:
Palestine

Post by amuzaini » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Arshsam wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:55 pm
amuzaini wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:14 pm
amuzaini wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:10 pm
As my application is approaching the end of 6 months, I will appreciate if someone has some thoughts about escalation. For example, how often should I contact Home Office until we write to the MP. Do you guys have a template to share for both Home Office and MP?

Finally, is there a difference between "your application has been considered and awaiting approval" and "Awaiting Approval" statuses?

Thank you very much for your time and help.
amuzaini wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:57 am
Eligibility criteria:.......................5 Yr Tier 1 + 1 Yr ILR
Language criteria met:.................MBA from a UK institution
Nationality:...............................Palestinian
Method of application:..................NCS Bexley (JCAP)
Date of application:.....................17-May-17
Payment method:........................Debit Card
Date of receipt by HO/UKVI:..........18-05-2017 (Royal Mail Track)
Date of acknowledgment:..............05-Jun-17
Date money gone off account:.........01-Jun-17
Date of letter requesting biometrics:.01-Jun-17
Biometrics done:.........................06-Jun-17
Date of approval:........................Awaiting
Date of ceremony:.......................Awaiting
Date applied for passport:.............17-May-17
Date passports received:...............Awaiting
Call H.O on that number 0300 123 2253 and ask the reason.... it's almost six months they will tell you....
Thank you. I've talked to them and they said I can't inquire before 17th November. They weren't really helpful.

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm

swintooh wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:11 am
swintooh wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:56 pm
I have now traced about 200 applications (ref 2xxxxxx700 to 2xxxxxxx900) in which 3 are mine - applied 9-Jun-2017, receipt confirmation sent to me on 19-Jun-2017.

Here is the statistics:
76/201 are "not recognised" - majority would be family members of main applicant, these don't get updated or tracked as they are "linked" to the main applicant

125 is the number of traceable applications that have been decided or still awaiting decision.
93/125 are already decided (74.4%)
32/125 are still awaiting decision (25.6%)
Update as of 10-Nov - 1 oustanding application has been processed in one working day.

94/125 are decided (75.2%)
31/125 are awaiting decison (24.8%)
Update as of 13-Nov - 2 outstanding applications have been processed in one working day
96/125 are decided (76.8%)
29/125 are awaiting decision (23.2%)

Now, I had nothing else to do today so I increased the amount of tracked applications to 500 to increase accuracy - applications made around 9-Jun-2017, acknowledged around 19-Jun-2017.

219/500 are not recognised
208/281 are decided (74.0%)
72/281 are awaiting decision (25.6%)
1/281 is open! (0.4%)

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:53 pm

And a couple of conclusions out of these statistics:
- despite removal of last updated date from online checker - it looks like it is being updated at least once every working day
- they are processing applications and pushing updates to the online checker
- they are not in 100% sync as there were people who reported receiving decisions on paper, yet the checker still says "awaiting decision" - I suspect it may be delayed by a couple of days or just not 100% accurate

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:02 am

swintooh wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:53 pm
- despite removal of last updated date from online checker - it looks like it is being updated at least once every working day
- they are not in 100% sync as there were people who reported receiving decisions on paper, yet the checker still says "awaiting decision" - I suspect it may be delayed by a couple of days or just not 100% accurate
Swintoosh - are you tracking these 500 applications manually, or do you have a little script that you created?

If you have a script, would you mind sharing it? :mrgreen:

baddy

Post by baddy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:12 am

swintooh wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:53 pm
Nice effort. But those case IDs are for British naturalisation and all other applications made in the UK. People applying for ILR on a same day appointmnet/2 weeks appointment will also showas Decided on the portal if they get approved/Refused. And any other postal visa application will also be on that portal as awaiting a decision.

amuzaini
Newly Registered
Mood:
Palestine

Post by amuzaini » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 am

yankettegal wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:56 pm
Arshsam wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:48 pm
yankettegal wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:34 pm
Yes, since 31 May. I think that there are a few of us. I have had an email, but until I have an approval letter in my hand, not getting too excited.
what H.O reply in email ? any good news ?
"Granted" is what the email said; however, until I have an actual approval letter in my hands, I do not know what to believe. So I wait and I hope. (The first biometrics letter they sent me had the wrong birthdate, that added to the delay, so accordingly, I am very wary.)

Simple case: wife of BC, no employment to check, no credit issues, house paid for, no other debts, should have been a walk in the park. So discouraging.

Good luck to you!
Just to understand - are you saying that they share the decision outcome via email as well as a paper letter?

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 am

amuzaini wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 am
yankettegal wrote:
Arshsam wrote:
yankettegal wrote:
Yes, since 31 May. I think that there are a few of us. I have had an email, but until I have an approval letter in my hand, not getting too excited.
"Granted" is what the email said; however, until I have an actual approval letter in my hands, I do not know what to believe. So I wait and I hope. (The first biometrics letter they sent me had the wrong birthdate, that added to the delay, so accordingly, I am very wary.)

Simple case: wife of BC, no employment to check, no credit issues, house paid for, no other debts, should have been a walk in the park. So discouraging.

Good luck to you!
Just to understand - are you saying that they share the decision outcome via email as well as a paper letter?
To be honest I don't know why the formal confirmation/decline letter is NOT emailed to you. How would this cause any issues, its 2017 not 1982-who uses the post anymore?? hell they could really push the boat out and text us!! Surely either option would cause less delays/issues.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:07 am

tallahassee wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:02 am

Swintoosh - are you tracking these 500 applications manually, or do you have a little script that you created?

The problem I can foresee here, in addition to this being useless because those numbers are shared for different applications, is that the home office may detect this activity and either terminate the online service or add some sort of verification like as captcha to stop it.

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:28 am

amuzaini wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 am
yankettegal wrote:
Arshsam wrote:
yankettegal wrote:

Good luck to you!

No...that was the reply to my query regarding status via email. Which took a week for them to answer. And now it has been 12 more days with no word. I used the NCS, don't understand what I have done wrong. Have no idea when the paper letter will arrive (if at all). Online status still Awaiting Decision as of this morning.

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 am

AdInfernos wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:07 am
tallahassee wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:02 am

The problem I can foresee here, in addition to this being useless because those numbers are shared for different applications, is that the home office may detect this activity and either terminate the online service or add some sort of verification like as captcha to stop it.
I totally see what you mean. However, I don't think running a script on their page once a day to pull 500 different requests would put a huge load onto their site. Nor do I think they have any sort of monitoring in place to get suspicious for now. As long as we don't break the site I think it would go unnoticed.

But nevertheless, you make a very fair point and as we discussed further up, due to it not only being naturalisation applications it would provide little value to us. =)

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:29 pm

How -To:
All I have is quick fingers and some spare time - I've literally typed in 500 reference numbers and recorded the results. Since "Not Recognised" and "Decided" status does not change at all, the tracking is only needed for "Awaiting Decision" and "Open". In my particular case it's now only 73 (out of 500) lookups - it doesn't take longer than 10 minutes.
I wouldn't worry about overloading the system with a script for mass lookups as this is an offline status storage and not a transactional database (the queries are not being passed to the actual source system - the response is way too quick). There could be an IDS/IPS system that may react to a large number of requests coming from a single system but 500 or 1000 is not really a large number especially when spread out over few minutes - purposful delays can be programmed such as 1 enquiry every 300ms. Knowing how the government operates and lenght of it's change management process, I seriously doubt a captcha will be implemented any time soon unless it was already on the roadmap 2 years ago ;-).

Usefulness:
It is quite useful for me as it shows that cases around mine are being progressed. Only very few other cases than naturalisation and registration are being considered for such a long time. So if a status changes from Awaiting Decision to Decided nearly 6 months after the application was registered, a large proportion have to be the cases similar to mine and not the "1-day turnaround premium ILR" etc.
Now, all I'm getting out of it is comfort that similar cases around my number are being still "Awaiting Decision" and they are progressively getting the "Decided" status.
There is a big difference between precise measurements and just an indicator - I'm fine with the latter. When I look at the forum topics with timelines per month, it feels like nearly everyone in May, June and July got their cases decided, while mine is still outstanding (forgotten, stuck). However when I look at my statistics, I know that a good quarter of the people still awaits. Or even more if other types of cases are also included in the same refrence numbering scheme. That gives me certainly more peace of mind...

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 pm

swintooh wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:29 pm
How -To:
All I have is quick fingers and some spare time - I've literally typed in 500 reference numbers and recorded the results. Since "Not Recognised" and "Decided" status does not change at all, the tracking is only needed for "Awaiting Decision" and "Open". In my particular case it's now only 73 (out of 500) lookups - it doesn't take longer than 10 minutes.
I wouldn't worry about overloading the system with a script for mass lookups as this is an offline status storage and not a transactional database (the queries are not being passed to the actual source system - the response is way too quick). There could be an IDS/IPS system that may react to a large number of requests coming from a single system but 500 or 1000 is not really a large number especially when spread out over few minutes - purposful delays can be programmed such as 1 enquiry every 300ms. Knowing how the government operates and lenght of it's change management process, I seriously doubt a captcha will be implemented any time soon unless it was already on the roadmap 2 years ago ;-).

Usefulness:
It is quite useful for me as it shows that cases around mine are being progressed. Only very few other cases than naturalisation and registration are being considered for such a long time. So if a status changes from Awaiting Decision to Decided nearly 6 months after the application was registered, a large proportion have to be the cases similar to mine and not the "1-day turnaround premium ILR" etc.
Now, all I'm getting out of it is comfort that similar cases around my number are being still "Awaiting Decision" and they are progressively getting the "Decided" status.
There is a big difference between precise measurements and just an indicator - I'm fine with the latter. When I look at the forum topics with timelines per month, it feels like nearly everyone in May, June and July got their cases decided, while mine is still outstanding (forgotten, stuck). However when I look at my statistics, I know that a good quarter of the people still awaits. Or even more if other types of cases are also included in the same refrence numbering scheme. That gives me certainly more peace of mind...
I am July and also stuck. I am not sure the online updates actually work though as I am seeing more and more people say they got their letters but the website still says awaiting decision

Charlottev
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Charlottev » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Hiya yesterday when I checked online it said decided! However when I looked today it's says awaiting decision. Gutted. Anyone else experienced this?

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:23 pm

The more I look at the timelines people post the more I am convinced there is no "one size fits all" as far as how long an application may take and that they are dealt with definitely by receipt date.
In my case, I applied on 29/08 via NCS, received the following day by HO, received application confirmation letter on 05/09 and also biometrics request in the same envelope. Done biometrics on 07/09 and nothing since then.
I have seen people decided already who have applied even 1 month after my application date. It looks like it depends on how busy your caseworker is, together with the response rate from international bodies such as your country of origin. That's all I can think of. A bit upsetting when you get an initial fast momentum and you assume they would carry on in the same manner. "Awaiting a decision" is pretty frustrating day in day out, particularly if the online check is completely unreliable...I know I'm not alone in this and somehow that is reassuring