ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

illegal mother of British Irish child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

taw3na
Newly Registered
Algeria

illegal mother of British Irish child

Post by taw3na » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:25 pm

hi i wonder if any one can help my wife come over on 6 moths tourist visa that expired back in may 2017 and
she give birth to our child who is British and Irish citizen as i have ilr and i do not meet the financial requirement i wondered if she had any chance of applying and what form we should use

thank you in advance

Casa

Re: illegal mother of British Irish child

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:28 pm

How were the NHS fees for pre-natal/post-natal treatment and the birth of your child paid :?: This is relevant to any UK visa application your wife may submit.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

taw3na
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by taw3na » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:35 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:28 pm
How were the NHS fees for the birth of your child paid :?:
i had to pay for GP and prescriptions for the mum the hospital never asked me to pay

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:02 pm

You should contact the hospital and ask if there is an outstanding bill before submitting any visa application. The NHS are now legally bound to notify the Home Office of any unpaid fees for treatment that the patient has no free entitlement to:
From the Immigration Rules: Grounds on which leave to remain and variation of leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom should normally be refused
(12) where one or more relevant NHS body has notified the Secretary of State that the person seeking leave to remain or a variation of leave to enter or remain has failed to pay a charge or charges with a total value of at least £500 in accordance with the relevant NHS regulations on charges to overseas visitors.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... or-refusal

What nationality does your wife hold?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

taw3na
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by taw3na » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:02 pm
You should contact the hospital and ask if there is an outstanding bill before submitting any visa application. The NHS are now legally bound to notify the Home Office of any unpaid fees for treatment that the patient has no free entitlement to:
From the Immigration Rules: Grounds on which leave to remain and variation of leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom should normally be refused
(12) where one or more relevant NHS body has notified the Secretary of State that the person seeking leave to remain or a variation of leave to enter or remain has failed to pay a charge or charges with a total value of at least £500 in accordance with the relevant NHS regulations on charges to overseas visitors.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... or-refusal

What nationality does your wife hold?
thank you for your replay yes i will call the hospital and ask will pay if there is anything

Algerian Nationality what form to use and what are the chances?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:25 pm

Where in the UK was the child born? Did you hold ILR on the date of the child's birth?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

taw3na
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by taw3na » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:48 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:25 pm
Where in the UK was the child born? Did you hold ILR on the date of the child's birth?
He was born in belfast northern ireland yes I hold ilr since 2014 so he is dual national irish and british national

taw3na
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by taw3na » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:15 pm

hi

can any one tell me what form to use and what are our chances ?

thank you in advance

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:39 pm

You can try a FLR(FP) Partner application, but there is no guarantee of success. This is 10 year route to settlement IF granted.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flrfp
(Casa, not CR001)