ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visit Visa for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sinamtaksande
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

UK Visit Visa for Parents

Post by sinamtaksande » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello All,

Thank you in advance for your support and advice.

We are expecting our first baby in the UK. I wish to call my mother in law (currently in India) to the UK for a couple of months to have a support. I am planning her trip in mid-Feb 2018 and wish to process her visa in Dec 2017.

I have some questions, please_

1. Is it fine, If I process her visa two months before travel? If I get her visa by Dec 2017 So when the actual six months period will start. Is it start from the issued date of visa or do they consider the travel date?

2. My husband wants to sponsor his mother. what documents he needs to provide for it.

3. Do I need to provide My (pregnancy or other) documents as well? If yes, What documents do I need to attach?

I will be grateful if you can help me with the queries.

smarter1

Re: UK Visit Visa for Parents

Post by smarter1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm

1. Yes, fine. Visa will be valid from the date of issue.

Be careful, if you mention somewhere that your mother-in-law is coming to look after children - her application will be rejected. For some strange reason, UKVI do not like relatives coming on a visitor visa to look after children.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:08 pm

More important than your husband's evidence of support (bank statements etc), your mother-in-law will have to submit strong evidence of ties to her home country including financial self-sufficiency. The ECO will have to be convinced that she won't overstay on her visitor visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sinamtaksande
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sinamtaksande » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:08 am

Casa wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:08 pm
More important than your husband's evidence of support (bank statements etc), your mother-in-law will have to submit strong evidence of ties to her home country including financial self-sufficiency. The ECO will have to be convinced that she won't overstay on her visitor visa.
Thank you for your response. For evidence of ties to the home country we are planning to include:
1. Land ownership document (as some farmland is on her name)
2. Saving bank account document (though her employment status is unemployed, she always have separate a saving bank account with savings)
Do you think this will be sufficient? or there is anything else we could add to support the application?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:59 am

Evidence of stronger family ties in her home country than she has in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sinamtaksande
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sinamtaksande » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:18 am

smarter1 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Be careful, if you mention somewhere that your mother-in-law is coming to look after children - her application will be rejected. For some strange reason, UKVI do not like relatives coming on a visitor visa to look after children.
Thank you, smarter1.

Just to be clear - we will be applying in the first week of December 2017, and we want her visa to start mid-Feb 2018 and will be valid up to mid-Aug 2018 (approx 6 months). Am I right in saying this?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:08 pm

sinamtaksande wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:18 am
smarter1 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Thank you, smarter1.

Just to be clear - we will be applying in the first week of December 2017, and we want her visa to start mid-Feb 2018 and will be valid up to mid-Aug 2018 (approx 6 months). Am I right in saying this?
Six months is too long; try a few weeks, and stick to it.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

smarter1

Post by smarter1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:54 pm

sinamtaksande wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:18 am

The period of visa depends on when it will be issued, it is pretty difficult to predict it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:56 pm

smarter1 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:54 pm
The period of visa depends on when it will be issued, it is pretty difficult to predict it.
Applicants can ask for a visa to be dated from a specific date, no more than 3 months in advance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smarter1

Post by smarter1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:56 pm
Applicants can ask for a visa to be dated from a specific date, no more than 3 months in advance.
It will still depend on the ECO whether to satisfy it or not, won't it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:51 am

smarter1 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:12 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:56 pm
It will still depend on the ECO whether to satisfy it or not, won't it?
Yes but if UKVI has made an error when a specific date is specified, they should correct it without any issues.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.