ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 5 visa chid dependant refusal

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chukhi
Newly Registered
India

tier 5 visa chid dependant refusal

Post by Chukhi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:22 am

Hi,
I am in UK on tier 5 visa for a 6 months fellowship. I do not intend to stay beyond this period. I have a four year old daughter who is very attached to me. My husband owns a hospital back in India and can't come to UK to stay with me. So I had applied for a dependant visa for my child and a family visitor visa for my father (child's grandfather) who will babysit her when she comes here. My father's visa is still in process.

My daughter's visa got rejected citing that both the parents should be in UK or accompany the child on a tier 5 visa. They had also given the option of administrative review. Now which is more suitable, I am confused. Should I reapply in tier 5 category giving supportive documents ( my husband's hospital records, ownership status, child's proof of staying with mother for last 2✔3 years, school records, my employment and proof of address in India) or can I apply for a visitor visa as her duration of stay will be less than 6 months now.

Will applying for a visitor visa after a tier 5 dependant visa was rejected have any bearing on the success of the application?

okuryazar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Re: tier 5 visa chid dependant refusal

Post by okuryazar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Unfortunately any of the solutions you listed won’t help. The only way is your child must apply together with his other parent. You said you’ll stat for 6 months. Why not apply for a visitor visa for your child and the person who will take care of him? This both parents rule applies only to Tier5 applicants.