ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by aabbasi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:28 pm

mlnvkj wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:23 pm
I applied for the UK citizenship on 8 June this year via JCAP service (eligible via 5 years of Tier 2 + 1 year of ILR), however my case has still not be decided according to the online tool.

I asked Home Office via email last week about the status and they said "All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 08th June 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered.". However, I see under the timelines topic here that even the applications that took the longest to be decided (unless there were issues) have lasted max 5 months. Plus I found out from a couple of friends who applied after me under exactly the same circumstances have already got the approvals over the last couple of weeks.

Any suggestion on what can I do to check the real status of the application, i.e. if something is missing etc?

Many thanks!
Unfortunately, this is more of a blackbox. I reached out to a solicitor for a similar delay, and until the 6 month period has passed (which is HO guideline), their is nothing that you can do. I would suggest to be patient, as overthinking it actually affects your health. If they find something in your application worth questioning, they will ask you about it. All the best, and hope you get a positive decision soon!

mlnvkj
Newly Registered

Post by mlnvkj » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:46 pm

aabbasi wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:28 pm
mlnvkj wrote:
I applied for the UK citizenship on 8 June this year via JCAP service (eligible via 5 years of Tier 2 + 1 year of ILR), however my case has still not be decided according to the online tool.

I asked Home Office via email last week about the status and they said "All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 08th June 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered.". However, I see under the timelines topic here that even the applications that took the longest to be decided (unless there were issues) have lasted max 5 months. Plus I found out from a couple of friends who applied after me under exactly the same circumstances have already got the approvals over the last couple of weeks.

Any suggestion on what can I do to check the real status of the application, i.e. if something is missing etc?

Many thanks!
Unfortunately, this is more of a blackbox. I reached out to a solicitor for a similar delay, and until the 6 month period has passed (which is HO guideline), their is nothing that you can do. I would suggest to be patient, as overthinking it actually affects your health. If they find something in your application worth questioning, they will ask you about it. All the best, and hope you get a positive decision soon!
Thanks a lot - I thought it was the case. :(

I was patient until now but now when I heard from a couple of friends that they already got it and applied almost 2 months after me is quite discouraging, it really does feel like it's a black box. :(

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:15 am

mlnvkj wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:46 pm
aabbasi wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:28 pm
mlnvkj wrote:

Many thanks!
Thanks a lot - I thought it was the case. :(

I was patient until now but now when I heard from a couple of friends that they already got it and applied almost 2 months after me is quite discouraging, it really does feel like it's a black box. :(
Luck of the draw! I applied 31 May. Still awaiting. When I contacted them a few weeks ago they said my application had been granted. It is infuriating and futile to do anything other than wait. And wait....

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:35 am

yankettegal wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:15 am

Luck of the draw! I applied 31 May. Still awaiting. When I contacted them a few weeks ago they said my application had been granted. It is infuriating and futile to do anything other than wait. And wait....
Hello, How did you contact them? Via an email or Phone? Can you share a bit more detail.

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Hello All,

The online status has changed to "Decided" yesterday (after a wait of 5 months). Is their a way to check the decision before the letter arrives? I know some members have said that "when i inquired, they told me it was approved". Where do you inquire ?

Appreciate any help here.

Regards,

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:28 pm

No , There is no online facility. You can call them but I doubt it they will tell you about decision over phone

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:35 am

MAS99 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:28 pm
No , There is no online facility. You can call them but I doubt it they will tell you about decision over phone
That is true. I called them and they didn't give me the decision on the phone.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:04 am

Has anyone noticed delays in the council getting the letter telling them you can book the ceremony? I have my approval letter (its one of the 2 in one letters) but when I rang the council they hadn't been informed about me yet. the lady was really nice and said they are a bit hopeless and slow at HO and if I called back Monday all should be fine. She also said to ignore the 21 day thing

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:06 pm

aabbasi wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:35 am
yankettegal wrote:

Hello, How did you contact them? Via an email or Phone? Can you share a bit more detail.
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply....I contacted them via email at the citizenshipsupport email address. Eight days later they sent me a pdf via email of my 2 in 1 approval/invitation letter. Unfortunately my council did not receive it in time to include me in last night's ceremony (they got it at 4:00pm). So for the princely sum of £100 I have scheduled a private ceremony tomorrow afternoon. I cannot complain as she could have made me wait for the original certificate to show up in the post. If that was the case, their next ceremony isn't until the middle of January 2018. My sanity is just about gone (along with my poor sainted husband). My online status is still "Awaiting Decision". You just can't make this up!

Arshsam

Post by Arshsam » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:25 pm

yankettegal wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:06 pm
aabbasi wrote:
yankettegal wrote:

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply....I contacted them via email at the citizenshipsupport email address. Eight days later they sent me a pdf via email of my 2 in 1 approval/invitation letter. Unfortunately my council did not receive it in time to include me in last night's ceremony (they got it at 4:00pm). So for the princely sum of £100 I have scheduled a private ceremony tomorrow afternoon. I cannot complain as she could have made me wait for the original certificate to show up in the post. If that was the case, their next ceremony isn't until the middle of January 2018. My sanity is just about gone (along with my poor sainted husband). My online status is still "Awaiting Decision". You just can't make this up!
Thanks for sharing, can you please tell the matter how you ask and they send you the pdf... it will be really helpful for all of us...

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:00 am

Arshsam wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:25 pm
yankettegal wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:06 pm
aabbasi wrote:
yankettegal wrote:

Thanks for sharing, can you please tell the matter how you ask and they send you the pdf... it will be really helpful for all of us...
Very short and sweet...did take 8 days to get a response. This was the body of the email

Dear Sir/Madam:

I received an email last week that indicated that my application for naturalisation had been successful and further instructions would be sent to me via royal mail. To date I have not received any correspondence. Would it be possible to email me the approval?

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Regards,

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:00 am

yankettegal wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:00 am

Very short and sweet...did take 8 days to get a response. This was the body of the email

Dear Sir/Madam:

I received an email last week that indicated that my application for naturalisation had been successful and further instructions would be sent to me via royal mail. To date I have not received any correspondence. Would it be possible to email me the approval?

Regards,
Do you actually get an email that the application has been approved? Or did you want to state that the online status has been changed to decided.
Feeling a bit worried as I have not received any such email. :o :o :o

Danval
Newly Registered

Post by Danval » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:42 am

aabbasi wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:00 am
yankettegal wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Regards,
Do you actually get an email that the application has been approved? Or did you want to state that the online status has been changed to decided.
In my case, I have sent them an email last week (a day before my status changed to "Decided" funny enough) and they've replied last Wednesday to my email saying that my application has been successful and an invitation would be posted yesterday, but i didn't ask them anything about decided as I didn't know yet by the time I've sent the email. I hope my letter arrives though..

Arshsam

Post by Arshsam » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:32 pm

@ yankettegal

Thanks a lot for your sharing, i bet many of us and get the benefit from that, and all rewards goes to you...

Cheers :D

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi wonderful people.

After applying for naturalisation in June, I got a letter today requesting more information.
As my application now falls under the good character, and to give further consideration to my application I should complete the questionaire and return with appropriate evidences, by 29th November 17.

(Initially I was worrying about my overstaying status at the time of applying. I overstayed from end of 2008- January 2010). But before overstaying I was lawfully in the UK, with my eea partner. I made application as unmarried eea family member in 2009,,it was returned as uncompleted,, as no docs showing durable relationship for two years living together. ( no ref number was given).

In 2010 it was accepted( ref number was given), but unfortunately refused, reconsideration was submitted, refusal maintained. ( this drags on till early 2011). I Reapplied and was granted in May 2011.

Now I applied naturalisation after having permanent residence card for 12months.

The questionaire Recieved today asked :
1. What steps did you take to regularise your stay during the period in question? ( pls provide copies of any available correspondence)

2. Who was responsible for paying your accommodation costs ( pls provide any supporting evidences eg bills, tenancy agreements etc)

3. Where did u live at this period and who else lived there? ( pls provide all addresses in full)

4. When and where did you work during this period?
5. When and where did you study during this period?
(pls provide evidences)

6. Did you receive any benefits during this period?
7. Did you receive funds from any other sources at this period?

8. Is there any other information that you wish to provide, that may be relevant to your application and the assessment of your ability to meet the good character requirement?

That's all asked. Most of the questions are not applicable to me, but will give straight answer as NO, or NONE.

But if anyone has similar questionaire or situation with HO, pls how do they go about the question 1 in particular?
Should I just explain the whole steps of my applications since 2009 till 2011?

I have been living together with my eea partner since Jan 2008 till date. While I overstayed, she was in full time employment and taking care of all the bills, rent etc I have evidences of her payslips, bank accounts, p60s, joint bills, tenancy agreements, all for that periods.

Please any additional insight from you guys will be appreciated.
Thank you.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 pm

aabbasi wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:00 am
yankettegal wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Regards,
Sorry @aabbasi, I should have been clearer. The first email I sent them when I was getting to the five month was detailed:

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am concerned about the status of my naturalisation application that was sent via NCS XXXXXX 31 May, 2017 as there has not been a response as yet. Could you please let me know if any additional information is required from me in order to facilitate this process? The original biometrics letter had an incorrect date of birth, but I was under the impression that this error had been rectified. In fact, I did receive confirmation that the biometrics registration was successful in July.

And then I went on to close the email with my signature, DOB, POB and reference number. Their response was two lines (think that took eight days also to receive). They never said "approved" in the original email. But they did say application had been "granted" and that I would hear from them within 10-14 working days. My online status has yet to change to "decided". It is still "awaiting decision".

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:02 pm

smallpie wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:16 pm

That's all asked. Most of the questions are not applicable to me, but will give straight answer as NO, or NONE.

But if anyone has similar questionaire or situation with HO, pls how do they go about the question 1 in particular?
Should I just explain the whole steps of my applications since 2009 till 2011?

I have been living together with my eea partner since Jan 2008 till date. While I overstayed, she was in full time employment and taking care of all the bills, rent etc I have evidences of her payslips, bank accounts, p60s, joint bills, tenancy agreements, all for that periods.

Please any additional insight from you guys will be appreciated.
Thank you.
It looks like HO are REALLY suspicious of you. I'd find an immigration solicitor ASAP

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Suspicious of what? In what way?

Am still with my same eea partner,, married now with children.

I didn't do any work during the period of overstaying and while applying for RC.
And obviously it only show on their system I overstayed during at certain period, ( yes I can't deny that).
I assume most of the questions are templates on their system,, but still have to be answered.

So I don't think it warrant getting a solicitor, thank you.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

zara4633
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by zara4633 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:07 am

Hi every one I apply British nationality application via ncs after submit the application I see my credit
Profile he show me on my name ccj I contact the court and court said to me if you pay the full amount with in one month he will remove the ccj on my profile my question is the ccj coming my name after submit the application and know he remove the ccj my record I have to inform the Home office or not and is affect my application or not .
Thanks

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:56 pm

yankettegal wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 pm
Dear Sir/Madam:

I am concerned about the status of my naturalisation application that was sent via NCS XXXXXX 31 May, 2017 as there has not been a response as yet. Could you please let me know if any additional information is required from me in order to facilitate this process? The original biometrics letter had an incorrect date of birth, but I was under the impression that this error had been rectified. In fact, I did receive confirmation that the biometrics registration was successful in July.

And then I went on to close the email with my signature, DOB, POB and reference number. Their response was two lines (think that took eight days also to receive). They never said "approved" in the original email. But they did say application had been "granted" and that I would hear from them within 10-14 working days. My online status has yet to change to "decided". It is still "awaiting decision".
Thanks a lot for the clarification. This is really helpful. I am hoping I can get the approval decision next week, as they mentioned that the decision was done on 13th.

yankettegal
Newly Registered

Post by yankettegal » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:00 pm

aabbasi wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:56 pm
yankettegal wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 pm
Dear Sir/Madam:

Thanks a lot for the clarification. This is really helpful. I am hoping I can get the approval decision next week, as they mentioned that the decision was done on 13th.
You are welcome. Hope everything works out well for you!

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 pm

How do they send out passports-just by normal mail it seems rather than sign for etc

JUSTMEHERE
Newly Registered

Post by JUSTMEHERE » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:10 pm

General question, hopefully, just seen this, but I have never received a BRP, mine went direct from being taken at Post-office to Home-office, so how can I cut it up?

Next Steps
After you’ve received your certificate of British citizenship, you must send your biometric residence permit back to the Home Office within five working days of attending your citizenship ceremony or physically receiving your certificate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 pm

JUSTMEHERE wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:10 pm
General question, hopefully, just seen this, but I have never received a BRP, mine went direct from being taken at Post-office to Home-office, so how can I cut it up?

Next Steps
After you’ve received your certificate of British citizenship, you must send your biometric residence permit back to the Home Office within five working days of attending your citizenship ceremony or physically receiving your certificate
It is a standard letter. If you had ILR in your old passport then you can't have had a Biometric Residence Permit card. The letter does not refer to biometrics enrollment but a card, similar to a drivers licence, that would be issued by HO stating your had indefinite leave to remain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JUSTMEHERE
Newly Registered

Post by JUSTMEHERE » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 pm
JUSTMEHERE wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Next Steps
It is a standard letter. If you had ILR in your old passport then you can't have had a Biometric Residence Permit card. The letter does not refer to biometrics enrollment but a card, similar to a drivers licence, that would be issued by HO stating your had indefinite leave to remain.
Phew thank you, 1 less thing to worry about x