ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Schengen Visa for UK spouse-Indian Marriage Cert

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kchakravarthi

French Schengen Visa for UK spouse-Indian Marriage Cert

Post by kchakravarthi » Sun May 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Dear all,
Im going to tell you the procedure for applying French schengen Visa for the indian spouse of a UK citizen.
Im a UK citizen and recently got married in India. I have got the Indian marriage certificate from Delhi and got it attested from the ministry of external affairs Delhi. VFS UK does not do this. The IHC london will only counter attest the already attested marriage cert, so is not reqd. Attestation in india by ministry of external affairs is enough and mandatory for french embassy. other schengen countries like germany will accept the normal original marriage certificate without any attestation from external affairs ministry.

-while filling the french schengen form you don't have to fill the * fields.
-form has to be signed by the applicant only i.e your indian spouse on both the places on 2nd page.

appointment is available from TLS contact London online website.
1.register on their website, fill the form, book the appointment(slots available only after 2 weeks)
2.if you want to change any details on the form after online submission you cant do it online. in this case you have to download normal form and fill it manually and carry it to embassy. ignore the online submitted form.
3. you can pay the TLS service fee approx £26 by card/cash. The Visa fee is zero.
4. go 20 min before your appointment time. takes 1 hr at the french embassy in all.
5. TLS will return the original UK passport and the original BRP card. they will keep the original indian passport for stamping and other documents.
6. you will get visa in 2 days from the day of submission. you will get notified via sms or email.
7. can collect your passport at embassy counter or can get it via courier. prefer to collect at the embassy to avoid risk of losing/delays in post.

Documents required:
0. your appointment confirmation copy from TLS website
1. Filled application form
2. Spouse original PP + copy of photo page
3. 1 Spouse passport size photo
4. BRP card + copy
5. Train/flight/bus both onward and return travel tickets for the dates + copy (both of you names should be visible on tickets)
6. UK original passport + copy of photo page
7. Marriage certificate attested in India by ministry of external affairs+copy
8 Travel insurance for indian spouse(optional)
9. Hotel booking confirmation letter directly from hotel not from 3rd party agents(both names should be visible on the letter) (optional)

Visa is given for min 6 months to max 1 year. if your passport expires in dec then the end date of visa is given only up to 3 months prior your passport expiry date.

thanks
K

hopeless_sit
Newly Registered

Re: French Schengen Visa for UK spouse-Indian Marriage Cert

Post by hopeless_sit » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi ,

I am from India and my marriage certificate is in english (original). Do i still need to get it attested. if yes then where from in the uk. your help would be invaluable as i am about to apply for visa.

Regards

Sonia

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:28 pm

You dont need any attestation for schengen visa. Regular marriage certificate will be enough.

Roma1Arya
Newly Registered

Post by Roma1Arya » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:56 pm

This is very helpful thanks. Could you please let me know how easy it is to get a marriage certificate attested from the ministry of external affairs in Delhi? How long does the process take? Thanks.

Roma1Arya
Newly Registered

Post by Roma1Arya » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:58 pm

waqasars wrote:You dont need any attestation for schengen visa. Regular marriage certificate will be enough.
I'm slightly confused as it does say as part of the visa requirement that the marriage certificate must be attested. Could someone please clarify?

mantha2in
Newly Registered

Post by mantha2in » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:48 pm

Can anyone who has had a recent experience please confirm that marriage certificates without the stamp were accepted? I am looking to travel to Spain with my wife who is a UK citizen in November. Given the convenience I am thinking of applying for a French schengen visa instead. Is it mandatory to visit France first if I get the visa? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rama

kchakravarthi

Post by kchakravarthi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:39 pm

for few embassies they need attested marriage certificate from external ministry and for other embassies its not required.

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:46 pm

One key question I have is, does her BRP state something like "Family member of EU / Union Citizen" or likes of that?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:44 pm

bowcreek wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:46 pm
One key question I have is, does her BRP state something like "Family member of EU / Union Citizen" or likes of that?

Thanks
No it would not state that if the spouse has a UK spouse settlement visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.