ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aimu123
Newly Registered

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by aimu123 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:30 pm

jayacpr wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:33 am
kirkerj wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 am
navinw wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:20 am
kirkerj wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 am

So you have been approved? Has it not been updated on line?
Hi jayacpr. When you send the email how many working days taken to respond I sent yesterday no reply yet

I would not suggest you to follow the online status as my status online is still showing Awaiting but i received the approval along with Ceremony invitation letter and also i have booked the ceremony for next week.
So plz don;t rely on the status online.
Thanks I won't! What's your view on emailing them a lot to chase? Did you do that? Someone on another page has recommended that as a course of action but I don't want to irritate them.
My online status still says awaiting decesion.
i have sent about 4 emails in which 3 were replied.

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:34 pm

swintooh wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm
swintooh wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:11 am
swintooh wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:56 pm
I have now traced about 200 applications (ref 2xxxxxx700 to 2xxxxxxx900) in which 3 are mine - applied 9-Jun-2017, receipt confirmation sent to me on 19-Jun-2017.

Here is the statistics:
76/201 are "not recognised" - majority would be family members of main applicant, these don't get updated or tracked as they are "linked" to the main applicant

125 is the number of traceable applications that have been decided or still awaiting decision.
93/125 are already decided (74.4%)
32/125 are still awaiting decision (25.6%)
Update as of 10-Nov - 1 oustanding application has been processed in one working day.

94/125 are decided (75.2%)
31/125 are awaiting decison (24.8%)
Update as of 13-Nov - 2 outstanding applications have been processed in one working day
96/125 are decided (76.8%)
29/125 are awaiting decision (23.2%)

Now, I had nothing else to do today so I increased the amount of tracked applications to 500 to increase accuracy - applications made around 9-Jun-2017, acknowledged around 19-Jun-2017.

219/500 are not recognised
208/281 are decided (74.0%)
72/281 are awaiting decision (25.6%)
1/281 is open! (0.4%)
2 applications have changed status from "awaiting decision" to "decided" over 1 working day.

210/281 are decided (74.7%)
70/281 are awaiting decision (24.9%)
1/281 is open (0.4%)

Now, is anyone's case reference number between 22331500 and 22331999 with still status "awaiting decision" or that sole "open" case that would like me to continue tracking this batch?
My case is one of these 2 turned to decided since yesterday so I have no personal interest anymore, but I'm offering help to others until I get my letters, ceremony and eventually passports or a job (hopefully all of these actually ;-)).

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi

How do you keep track of all these application. My application no is 224xxxxxxx, dated 0/07/2017

Thanks

M

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:48 pm

I don't know if it's of help to anyone to speed up their case when waiting for nearly 6 months but a couple of days ago (7-Nov), I've sent an enquiry to nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk asking for status update and whether more documents are required since unregistered snail mail is unreliable in my area. I got the fairly generic response in 1 working day, then on the 14-Nov the status turned to "decided".

So maybe there was a little truth in my hypothesis that launching a status enquiry brings the case from being "lost behind the desk" to the top of the processing pile ;-)...

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:49 pm

swintooh wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:34 pm
swintooh wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm
swintooh wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:11 am
swintooh wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:56 pm
I have now traced about 200 applications (ref 2xxxxxx700 to 2xxxxxxx900) in which 3 are mine - applied 9-Jun-2017, receipt confirmation sent to me on 19-Jun-2017.

Here is the statistics:
76/201 are "not recognised" - majority would be family members of main applicant, these don't get updated or tracked as they are "linked" to the main applicant

125 is the number of traceable applications that have been decided or still awaiting decision.
93/125 are already decided (74.4%)
32/125 are still awaiting decision (25.6%)
Update as of 10-Nov - 1 oustanding application has been processed in one working day.

94/125 are decided (75.2%)
31/125 are awaiting decison (24.8%)
Update as of 13-Nov - 2 outstanding applications have been processed in one working day
96/125 are decided (76.8%)
29/125 are awaiting decision (23.2%)

Now, I had nothing else to do today so I increased the amount of tracked applications to 500 to increase accuracy - applications made around 9-Jun-2017, acknowledged around 19-Jun-2017.

219/500 are not recognised
208/281 are decided (74.0%)
72/281 are awaiting decision (25.6%)
1/281 is open! (0.4%)
2 applications have changed status from "awaiting decision" to "decided" over 1 working day.

210/281 are decided (74.7%)
70/281 are awaiting decision (24.9%)
1/281 is open (0.4%)

Now, is anyone's case reference number between 22331500 and 22331999 with still status "awaiting decision" or that sole "open" case that would like me to continue tracking this batch?
My case is one of these 2 turned to decided since yesterday so I have no personal interest anymore, but I'm offering help to others until I get my letters, ceremony and eventually passports or a job (hopefully all of these actually ;-)).
Hi swintooh,

you're more of a geek than I am lol! Do you know if the updates are taking place still daily and if they still happen (by batch upload) around midday?

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:54 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:47 pm
How do you keep track of all these application. My application no is 224xxxxx, dated 0/07/2017
Sorry you were out of my range. Simply I created a spreadsheet where I track 500 applications - roughly 250 up and 250 down from my number and record status changes. All done by hand. On a first day you need about 1.5h to record (you need to check all), then it significantly drops to about 15 mins a day worth of effort (as you only need to check open and awaiting decision).

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:30 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:23 pm
The more I look at the timelines people post the more I am convinced there is no "one size fits all" as far as how long an application may take and that they are dealt with definitely by receipt date.
In my case, I applied on 29/08 via NCS, received the following day by HO, received application confirmation letter on 05/09 and also biometrics request in the same envelope. Done biometrics on 07/09 and nothing since then.
I have seen people decided already who have applied even 1 month after my application date. It looks like it depends on how busy your caseworker is, together with the response rate from international bodies such as your country of origin. That's all I can think of. A bit upsetting when you get an initial fast momentum and you assume they would carry on in the same manner. "Awaiting a decision" is pretty frustrating day in day out, particularly if the online check is completely unreliable...I know I'm not alone in this and somehow that is reassuring
I believe all the checks are done before they are passed to the caseworker for final decision. It is a very frustrating process. I applied 10 July and also initially very fast. My application is straight forward so I can't see what's holding this up. What information do they request from your country of origin anyway? I have been here 10 years and had all the criminal checks done for ILR! I have only been here since then anyway

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:50 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:30 pm
baccus99 wrote:
The more I look at the timelines people post the more I am convinced there is no "one size fits all" as far as how long an application may take and that they are dealt with definitely by receipt date.
In my case, I applied on 29/08 via NCS, received the following day by HO, received application confirmation letter on 05/09 and also biometrics request in the same envelope. Done biometrics on 07/09 and nothing since then.
I have seen people decided already who have applied even 1 month after my application date. It looks like it depends on how busy your caseworker is, together with the response rate from international bodies such as your country of origin. That's all I can think of. A bit upsetting when you get an initial fast momentum and you assume they would carry on in the same manner. "Awaiting a decision" is pretty frustrating day in day out, particularly if the online check is completely unreliable...I know I'm not alone in this and somehow that is reassuring
I believe all the checks are done before they are passed to the caseworker for final decision. It is a very frustrating process. I applied 10 July and also initially very fast. My application is straight forward so I can't see what's holding this up. What information do they request from your country of origin anyway? I have been here 10 years and had all the criminal checks done for ILR! I have only been here since then anyway
I am EU and have been here and only here for the last 24 years. I have lived here longer than my native EU country. So, what you are saying is that checks happen beforehand and only then the caseworker judges and makes a decision. Just like yours my application should be really straightforward and having also considered that I received my DCPR in June 2017, you would think they have all the evidence they need from me already (at least for what concerns earnings/tax etc). Oh well I just need to be patient!

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:05 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:50 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:30 pm
baccus99 wrote:
I am EU and have been here and only here for the last 24 years. I have lived here longer than my native EU country. So, what you are saying is that checks happen beforehand and only then the caseworker judges and makes a decision. Just like yours my application should be really straightforward and having also considered that I received my DCPR in June 2017, you would think they have all the evidence they need from me already (at least for what concerns earnings/tax etc). Oh well I just need to be patient!
Yes I also need to be patient, not my strength unfortunately!!

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Swintooh so they decided
Your case ? Maybe end of this week my one as well

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 pm

cristiano1988 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:44 pm
Swintooh so they decided
Your case ? Maybe end of this week my one as well
Well you never know, someone from Albania just reported that the staus changed on one day to "Decided" then the next day back to "Awaiting Decision". I guess I will have to wait, monitor and see if the letter comes. And then in the meantime also worry if the decision is positive or negative.

To be honest, sometimes no news is better than bad news.

Good luck anyway, I'm sure your case will also be soon decided. According to my calculations they should finish the batch I was monitoring in roughly 35 working days (7 weeks) if they maintain the tempo of 2 cases per day...

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:06 pm

my application has just been decided, please see the below thread "July 2017"

british-citizenship/july-2017-naturalis ... l#p1561964
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:26 pm

softy monster wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:06 pm
my application has just been decided, please see the below thread "July 2017"

british-citizenship/july-2017-naturalis ... l#p1561964
Congratulations I saw your timeline when we did our July timeline too. Sadly no luck for us, it must feel great?

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Congratulations I saw your timeline when we did our July timeline too. Sadly no luck for us, it must feel great?
Thanks! It feels great when I get the result tbh as for now I have strange feeling about it! But you know what...it’s not the end of the world! Ive always tried to be calm and focused and also had no choice except to sit tight and watch! I can tell you it’s a painful process and also let you spend too much time reading and worrying about it, but I had to be strong! Now I have to face the truth!!
Thanks
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:30 pm

softy monster wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 pm
Thanks! It feels great when I get the result tbh as for now I have strange feeling about it! But you know what...it’s not the end of the world! Ive always tried to be calm and focused and also had no choice except to sit tight and watch! I can tell you it’s a painful process and also let you spend too much time reading and worrying about it, but I had to be strong! Now I have to face the truth!!
Thanks
Hopefully an early Christmas present. You summed up the whole process well.

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:42 am

I am trying to understand if the online checker is actually working on not. Is the general feeling that it is not working as it previously did? We all know by now that it is not a real-time system but wonder if anyone has proof that it batch updates every day like it used to?

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 am

baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:42 am
I am trying to understand if the online checker is actually working on not. Is the general feeling that it is not working as it previously did? We all know by now that it is not a real-time system but wonder if anyone has proof that it batch updates every day like it used to?
It does. My status was updated to decided on the 8th and got letter on the 11th with approval.

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 am

AdInfernos wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 am
baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:42 am
It does. My status was updated to decided on the 8th and got letter on the 11th with approval.
Congratulations to you! I saw your timeline and I believe you applied after me and you got your decision. Frustratingly I am still awaiting...oh well!

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Today in the morning i received a letter from home office telling me that my case it is more complex and it will take longer than 6 months to be decided, i went on the internet today to check my status and and it went to decided? What it can be ?

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:14 pm

cristiano1988 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:58 pm
Today in the morning i received a letter from home office telling me that my case it is more complex and it will take longer than 6 months to be decided, i went on the internet today to check my status and and it went to decided? What it can be ?
I can only think of two reasons. One is that decided means that they have decided that your case is very complex, hence the letter. The other, and now seriously, it can be that you are close to the six months and those letters are produced automatically but your case has been decided anyway just after posting the letter.

rdee007
Newly Registered

Post by rdee007 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi,

The status of my application (application date as 17/7) changed to Decided last Monday (6/11) but I still haven't received any post (been 7 working days). I am quite worried if it has been lost in the post as I assume 2nd class mail typically takes 2-3 days max. Any advice on how best to proceed - is there any point in calling the council to see if they have received any updates for my case or do I just wait and send HO an email in a few days?

Any of you experienced anything similar?

Many thanks!

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 am

Congratulations to you! I saw your timeline and I believe you applied after me and you got your decision. Frustratingly I am still awaiting...oh well!
Thank you. I see your point, but have no explanation of why. Only I have observed that as from August decisions are being taken sooner. I can only think of the home office hiring new caseworkers who are able to take faster decisions because the just get new applications and don't have a backlog.

An alternative theory might be that the checks are now conducted in a different way and they get the results faster.

In any case I'm sure it won't take long for yours now. 👍

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:28 pm

rdee007 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:20 pm
Hi,

The status of my application (application date as 17/7) changed to Decided last Monday (6/11) but I still haven't received any post (been 7 working days). I am quite worried if it has been lost in the post as I assume 2nd class mail typically takes 2-3 days max. Any advice on how best to proceed - is there any point in calling the council to see if they have received any updates for my case or do I just wait and send HO an email in a few days?

Many thanks!
It's not about how long the post takes. It's about how long they take to print the letter and put it in the post.

I'm not impressed taking into account the sum they get for the privilege.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:02 pm

rdee007 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:20 pm
Hi,

Many thanks!
On the online checker below "Decided" it says you can wait up to 10 days. If you still haven't got the letter click the link for the UKVI contact details.

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:13 pm

AdInfernos wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm
baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 am

Thank you. I see your point, but have no explanation of why. Only I have observed that as from August decisions are being taken sooner. I can only think of the home office hiring new caseworkers who are able to take faster decisions because the just get new applications and don't have a backlog.

An alternative theory might be that the checks are now conducted in a different way and they get the results faster.

In any case I'm sure it won't take long for yours now. 👍
Gracias amigo :) for your knowledge I'm EU as well (Italian). I think you might have a good theory there: new caseworkers, not so much to work on already. That would explain (hopefully) what the reasons are. Good on you though that you have reassurance and all you have to do now is present yourself for the ceremony! Can't wait to be in the same position and put this nightmare behind me!