ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of where your child lives

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Partner offered job abroad near end of 5 year spouse visa

Post by ignatius lord » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi all, My partner will be applying for SET M in january next year (I am the uk based sponser). In january this will be the 5th year so ready to apply for the SET M. We meet the requirements of finance etc with my income alone so thats not a problem. However, my partner (the applicant) has been offered a job for a 10 month contract to start in december this year! ( I know its really bad timing, if they could let her start in say febuary after the application that would be fine, but they insist if she wants it she has to start this december. She really wants to take it but we were wondering, would this cause any problems with the SET M application in january 2018?

Shes currently here on a spouse visa nearing end of 5 year period. The company offering her this position is a U.K. based company (a university), however she will be working for them in china. SO although shes working for a U.K. company she wont be in the U.K. while doing it...

I would be hoping to stay in the U.K. for these 10 months (as uk sponsor) and obviously visit on holiday etc, but obviously this would mean I wouldnt be living with her for the next 10 months.

Would this be allowed or would it cause problems?

I heard somewhere that its ok because up until this point we have been living together for 2.5 years plus (plenty of correspondance to proove this).

It would seem a shame to turn the contract down

Casa

Re: Partner offered job abroad near end of 5 year spouse visa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Have you considered that your wife will have to be present in the UK to submit her SET(M) application? If this is submitted by post she will be without her passport during the processing period, which could take up to 3 months. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:36 am

On what date did your partner enter the UK on the spouse visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Post by ignatius lord » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:23 pm

we have booked a 'same day appointment' visa at the expensive of an extra 500 pounds, she will be able to come back to do it. so she will be in the U.K. at the time of doing it
Last edited by ignatius lord on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:27 pm

ignatius lord wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:23 pm
we have booked a 'same day appointment' visa at the expensive of an extra 500 pounds, she will be able to come back to do it.
£590 paid I hope :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Post by ignatius lord » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:30 pm

well yes 590

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:36 am
On what date did your partner enter the UK on the spouse visa?
(Casa, not CR001)

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Post by ignatius lord » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:26 pm

she didn't enter the uk on a spouse visa, came on a tier 4 student visa and then changed to a spouse visa after marrage in 2012

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Wrong address on payslips for SET visa

Post by ignatius lord » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi guys, 2 questions

1) Im using the 12 month of employment router to get a SET M for my partner. My crrently employer is ok but My last employer has some problems.

I left my last job on bad terms and I don't think they will bother to post a letter stating i worked there, for how long etc etc. I will ask of course, but what if they dont?

Also I still have all my payslips from the last employer BUT. they have the wrong address on them! I told them this while working there but they never changed it. The address on the pay slip shows at number 6 but I live at number 4. Will this be a problem? They show the same street etc so its obvious we were living together but doesn't show the same house number. very annoying

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:49 am

ignatius lord wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:26 pm
she didn't enter the uk on a spouse visa, came on a tier 4 student visa and then changed to a spouse visa after marrage in 2012
What date was her spouse visa granted/issued?

How long have you been with your current employer??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Re: Wrong address on payslips for SET visa

Post by ignatius lord » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:42 pm

7 months but I dont earn enough with this new employer to meet the requirements however would meet the requirments using the 12month option as my last job paid more hence why ill be including my previous employers payslips too

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Incomes requirements calculation

Post by ignatius lord » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry to be a pain but I just want to check something. According to my calculations over the last 12 months ive earned 24338 pounds. Would anyone be able to check ive got this right? Ive had 2 jobs over the last 12 months one salaried and one contract). Ive just added the contact jobs monthly incomes up is that right?

Total over last 12 months = 15,150 from salaried employment + 9188 from contract employment = 24,338 over the last 12 months.

Calculations:

Contract job (paid weekly): (total from contract over these months: 9188)
(I know december is in future but i will earn this)

december ( 386 386 386) - total: 772
november (307 386 386 386) - total: 1079
october (384 384 384 384) - total: 1536
september (384 384 384 231 384) - total: 1767
august (384 384 384 384) - total: 1536
july (384 307 348 307) - total: 1346
june (384 384 384) - total: 1152

Salaried employment (total from contract over these months 15,150)
may - 3485
april - 2333
march - 2333
feb- 2333
january -26th 2333
december -26th 2333

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Re: Incomes requirements calculation

Post by ignatius lord » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Also, althought by my calculations I earn over the amount needed over 12 months (over 22500, my requirment as I have 1 child) my current income at present is only 20,000 (less than my last job)

so if over 12 months I made over the requirement but at present only make 20,000 will this not be allowed? should get I get a part time / weekend job elsewhere for the last month to build it up a bit?

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Income threshold if have british child?

Post by ignatius lord » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi, Ive just noticed something, I thought that if you are applying and you have 1 child your income needs to be at least 22,400 per year. I have 1 child, however she was born here and is british. SO does this mean we would only need to meet the 18,600 income? As although we have 1 child, the child is already british

Casa

Re: Income threshold if have british child?

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:04 pm

£18,600. Your British child isn't included in the calculation.
(Casa, not CR001)

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Post by ignatius lord » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:44 pm

yey

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wrong address on payslips for SET visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:36 pm

You don't need a letter as such from your previous employer. The employment letter must be from your current employer. You can simply state the error in the address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Kindly keep ALL questions on the same application in ONE topic (this one).

See also Multiple Topics/Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Post by ignatius lord » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:21 am

hey on the set app form it says:

For any children (even if british) i have to show:

-Evidence of where the child lives
and
-Evidence of being involved in her upringing

Well our baby is only 4 months old so what evidence can I really show to prove im involved in her upbringing? I have pictures of us together but obviously we dont do much else as shes only 4 months old lol!

Also it says we must provide the following documents for our child:

-Birth certificate (got his)
-Travel documents/ passport to show citzen status. (Currently the baby only has a travel document for travel to china, would this cause confusion of baby citizen status?) can this be used? she went to china with mum for a few weeks to see her family hence why we got the travel doc.

Obviously shes british as she was born here and has a birth certificate. We havnt got her a british passport yet and dont think we could get one in time, would really need to?

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Post by ignatius lord » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:18 pm

any1

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Evidence of where your child lives

Post by ignatius lord » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi guys , on page 49 of the SET M form it says:

If you have children under the age of 18 in the UK (or children who are over 18 and who have been granted
leave in this category as your dependent), you must provide the following documents for each child:

Evidence of where your child/children normally lives and thay you and/or your partner play an active
role in their upbringing. This evidence should be dated within the last three months and can include: -
• Official correspondence addressed to the child/children;
• Doctor’s/hospital letters on official headed paper stating the child’s/children’s registered address;
• School/nursery letter(s) on headed paperstating the child’s/children’s registered address.

Evidence of your and/or any partner’s parental responsibility for the child/children.
Evidence of where you and/or any partner lives, as the parent of the child/children.

Well our child is 4 months old (british born british passport) - we can supply the passport and birth certificate, but is the rest really relevant??

How do we prove evidence of where the baby lives? doesn't get many letters at 4 months?

How do we prove we play an active role?

How do we prove parental responsibility?

Is all this nesseccery? This child is not part of the application form as is already british, however the wording says ''If you have children under the age of 18 in the UK ,you must provide the following documents for each child''. It makes it seem like you still need all this documents even for child no on application?

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: Evidence of where your child lives

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:51 am

ignatius lord wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:31 pm
Hi guys , on page 49 of the SET M form it says:

If you have children under the age of 18 in the UK (or children who are over 18 and who have been granted
leave in this category as your dependent), you must provide the following documents for each child:

Evidence of where your child/children normally lives and thay you and/or your partner play an active
role in their upbringing. This evidence should be dated within the last three months and can include: -
Official correspondence addressed to the child/children;
Doctor’s/hospital letters on official headed paper stating the child’s/children’s registered address;
• School/nursery letter(s) on headed paperstating the child’s/children’s registered address.

Evidence of your and/or any partner’s parental responsibility for the child/children.
Evidence of where you and/or any partner lives, as the parent of the child/children.

Well our child is 4 months old (british born british passport) - we can supply the passport and birth certificate, but is the rest really relevant??

How do we prove evidence of where the baby lives? doesn't get many letters at 4 months?

How do we prove we play an active role?

How do we prove parental responsibility?

Is all this nesseccery? This child is not part of the application form as is already british, however the wording says ''If you have children under the age of 18 in the UK ,you must provide the following documents for each child''. It makes it seem like you still need all this documents even for child no on application?
Hi,

This is in response to the highlighted parts. The application category that you are intending to make is of my understanding that any children under or over 18 are relevant to the applicants application.

I understand the child is 4 months old, you can always go to the registered doctor and ask to confirm the child's details and obviously could ask them to mention that you are a big part of that child's life as well as taking all decisions for the child's welfare and most decisions, you can get this all in writing, there may be a fee, but it is possible.

If you have a midwife coming in and helping you in monitoring the child, ask them for something in writing as they will be able to confirm th child's, address and how you or as parents of the child play an important part of your child's upbringing.

It is also my understanding that you will need to provide the child's passport and birth certificate for the application, and it may be better to do so this way as it will strengthen your case.

If, you feel that providing the original documents may be too risky or there is travel planned very soon that may require you to keep the originals, I believe the post office do a service where they can certify the documents for you, and you may be able to send them instead, but I need clarification on this part if it possible.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:41 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm
Kindly keep ALL questions on the same application in ONE topic (this one).

See also Multiple Topics/Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ignatius lord
Newly Registered

Re: Evidence of where your child lives

Post by ignatius lord » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:58 pm

some good ideas, however im surprised nobody knows for sure? there must be someone whos done this process with a child already...

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:21 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:49 am
ignatius lord wrote:
What date was her spouse visa granted/issued?

Also:
ignatius lord wrote:
On what date did she apply? Before or after 9th July?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.