ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Luna92
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Luna92 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Hello guys

We applied from colombo on 10th August, contacted the MP and Solvit but received no positive response yet.
Escalated twice with no response, and at the third attempt we got the 'not straight forward' email again.

Its been 66 working days now and still waiting..:/

Tmaran
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Tmaran » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:08 am

Luna92 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 pm
Hello guys

We applied from colombo on 10th August, contacted the MP and Solvit but received no positive response yet.
Escalated twice with no response, and at the third attempt we got the 'not straight forward' email again.

Today is 131 working days fr me
Applied from srilanka colombo :oops: applied date 15/5.2017 :?: :oops: :oops:

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:40 am

danny27 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:58 pm
Simran & all,

Pls do not get mixed up.
Visa4uk is where u sent your application from. So obviously it will get inactive so that u do not resend the application or rather for re apply. Its a closed chapter once you get the reference no.

This has got nothing to do with the application already recieved by Shiefield.
Now we have to deal with Shiefield Only.
Hi Danny

Thank you very much for the clarification. That actually makes sense. I was assuming it will update the status as and when they make a decision.

Any luck on your side? I escalated my case for the second time last week. Hoping for some response. I emailed the MP but he has not responded :/

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:48 am

Hi Simran,

Nothing positive as yet. Just apologies from them and they are working on it for the past 01 mnth.
Wondering what’s goin on.
Our families are at their mercy.
Yest was 7 months.

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:52 am

Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:31 pm
kurasinski_simran wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:21 pm
hachel wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:31 am
Hello everybody,

To those who already got a decision, at any point, did you check your application on the visa4uk website ? If so, did it change to "In Active" at any point before the decision ?

The status of my wife's application went from "Complete" to "In Active" (78 working days), and I'm wondering what could it mean. Or is it just a misspelling of "Inactive" ? Anyone ?

Cheers,

Hi Hachel

I have been waiting for over 120 days now. My application on the visa4uk website said complete for around 50-60 working days after which it changed to 'In Active'

I have too been very confused as to what this means since Im still waiting on some news from their end.

I am sure it is not a spelling mistake but it's very confusing and being highlighted in red is confusing as well.

If someone can explain what this term means, it would be helpful.

Thank you and good luck :)
Simran
Hi simran.. this website is for people applied from inside uk or outside uk? If outside uk can u pls send me the link...
Hi
Here is the link - www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

This is if you wish to make a new application to the home office.

Good luck
Simran :)

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:58 am

danny27 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:48 am
Hi Simran,

Nothing positive as yet. Just apologies from them and they are working on it for the past 01 mnth.
Wondering what’s goin on.
Our families are at their mercy.
Yest was 7 months.
The last reply I received after escalation was that they are sympathetic to my case and are trying their best to process it in time.

Hearing that makes me feel better but its been a month since they said that so I am not expecting much.

I hope we get to see our families soon!

There was one thing I wanted to ask though - does your spouse hold a permanent residence card? ( anyone else reading this can also give an input)
My husband holds a PR and I have heard that this does help make the case stronger. Also does the partner receive an equal status or would it still be a 6 months visa?

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:22 am

@Kurasinski-Simran: It will be a 6 months` visa. After that, once in the UK, you should apply for a residence card to make your life easier. But it is another pain.))

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:28 am

Same here Simran. Hearing the apologies feels like it Wl happen within a week. But once again back to square one.

I don’t need to reapply. I have to pursue the current application. :D

Am aware of the application process and website.

I don’t know about how the PR card would work.
Probably someone from the forum could assist.

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:32 am

NatCam wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:22 am
@Kurasinski-Simran: It will be a 6 months` visa. After that, once in the UK, you should apply for a residence card to make your life easier. But it is another pain.))
Hi NatCam

Thank you for the info. Yes I have heard the RC is also a long process :/

Cheers

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:34 am

danny27 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:28 am
Same here Simran. Hearing the apologies feels like it Wl happen within a week. But once again back to square one.

I don’t need to reapply. I have to pursue the current application. :D

Am aware of the application process and website.

I don’t know about how the PR card would work.
Probably someone from the forum could assist.
Check the info above. NatCam has replied for the PR. It will be 6 months.

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:41 am

Lets get our foot into the door first, then we see next :) :)

samiprakash
Newly Registered

Post by samiprakash » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:47 am

This waiting is so depressing...my husband applied from Nepal on 23rd June and still waiting. 1st escalation was on 5th Oct and all they sent was just no st forward email again. Hoping to hear something soon but i doubt it :(

Luna92
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Luna92 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Tmaran wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:08 am
Luna92 wrote:
Hello guys

Hi
Ahh thats so long !! Hope you get your permit soon. When we applied at the vfs they told us it can take from 1-2 months but thats clearly not the case, my husband went to ask again at vfs and they said they are still waiting for a reply from the home office :?

antonypillay
Newly Registered

Post by antonypillay » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:16 am

Hello everyone.

My wife has submited her passport in VFS colombo, Srilanka on 23.10.17

But i was told by someone that it is my duty to send the supporting document from uk to Sheffield within 15 days of application. Therefore, i have sent.it on 02.11.17.

However, the passport of my wife was returned to Srilanka on 01.11.17 without the Visa stamp (whithin 6 days of submision). The reason for that Shefo stated, she have missed providing the supporting documents.

I am very confused now. Can anyone pls let me know the current procedure of submitting supporting document is whether to send with application in colombi VFS or i send it to sheffield from UK?

Now i am waiting for them.to contact us to.collect my wifes passport again. But i am not.sure how this will.happen. very confused.

I.would.appreciate your urgent response

Tmaran
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Tmaran » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:51 am

Luna92 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:38 pm
Tmaran wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:08 am
Luna92 wrote:
Hello guys

Escalated twice with no response, and at the third attempt we got the 'not straight forward' email again

Hi
Ahh thats so long !! Hope you get your permit soon. When we applied at the vfs they told us it can take from 1-2 months but thats clearly not the case, my husband went to ask again at vfs and they said they are still waiting for a reply from the home office :?

Yes it's a long time
I have six months with me today
Call three times and talk to my wife but they side are still waiting very soon make decisions.
What are the documents you have given😭😭

Tmaran
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Tmaran » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 am

antonypillay wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:16 am
Hello everyone.

But i was told by someone that it is my duty to send the supporting document from uk to Sheffield within 15 days of application. Therefore, i have sent.it on 02.11.17.

However, the passport of my wife was returned to Srilanka on 01.11.17 without the Visa stamp (whithin 6 days of submision). The reason for that Shefo stated, she have missed providing the supporting documents.

I am very confused now. Can anyone pls let me know the current procedure of submitting supporting document is whether to send with application in colombi VFS or i send it to sheffield from UK?

Now i am waiting for them.to contact us to.collect my wifes passport again. But i am not.sure how this will.happen. very confused.

Hi broooo Today is 131 working days fr me

hasan123
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by hasan123 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:55 am

Tmaran wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 am
antonypillay wrote:
Hello everyone.

hachel

Post by hachel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:06 am

antonypillay wrote:
Hello everyone.

Hi,

Your wife needs to submit the supporting documents at the VFS on the day they will take the fingerprints. Make sure she copies the originals (even photos!!).

Cheers

antonypillay
Newly Registered

Post by antonypillay » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:45 am

Thank you for your reply.

I was told the rules have now changed. Since june or july 2017 all supporting documents has to be sent to Sheffield not at VFS

But I am sure this rules is for UK settlement visa. I am not sure whether it is the same for EEA family permit.

Can I just reapply and submit the documents at vfx? Or will it cause problem for duplication?

As i said before her passport was returned without any visa or rejection stamp.

Luna92
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Luna92 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:46 am

antonypillay wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:45 am

I was told the rules have now changed. Since june or july 2017 all supporting documents has to be sent to Sheffield not at VFS

But I am sure this rules is for UK settlement visa. I am not sure whether it is the same for EEA family permit.

Can I just reapply and submit the documents at vfx? Or will it cause problem for duplication?

Hi
Those rules are for setllement visas.
For EEA Family permits you'd have to go the vfs to submit your supporting documents.

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 am

Hello everyone,
Am new in this portal but I guess we all have one thing in common.
Am an Italian National living in UK who got married to a Nigerian National in Nigeria.
I applied for my wife to join me in UK onder EEA family member.
Application submitted 28 July 2017 in Nigeria Lagos. Supporting documents received in Sheffield 11 August.
16 August received email from Sheffield saying my application was not straightforward.
I sent an email to the decision making centre to know what was going on and what they meant by not straightforward but couldn’t get any reply.
On 11 October got this email from Sheffield:
Thank you for your enquiry regarding your UK visa application.

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to.

Email the local MP in my area of residence and was told:

I spoke to the Home Office today who advised me that there are various reasons why the application is not straightforward; however, they were unable to tell me what these reasons are.

This does not necessarily mean the application will be refused but the Home Office just need to carry out further checks which has caused a delay in processing the application.

If you do not hear anything within 6 months' time please let Jon's office know and we will chase the Home Office for you.

Kind regards

I DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:31 am

Many are in Similar situation. I Applied on 13 April. Over 7 months now. In flw up with MP as well. But Home office response is slow.
Just waiting :D

antonypillay
Newly Registered

Post by antonypillay » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:57 pm

Luna92 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:46 am
antonypillay wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:45 am

Hi
Those rules are for setllement visas.
For EEA Family permits you'd have to go the vfs to submit your supporting documents.
Thank you very much.

So if i reapply, the time of receive a response will be the same as someone who is applyin the first time. Or will it take now longer as this is the second time.

Again. All comments are very helpful. Thank you everyone

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:26 am

Hello All,

I received finally my EEA FP yesterday! I hope and pray that all of you waiting get to see your families very soon! It has been a little over 7 months for me.
I applied on - 09.05.2017 and received it on 15.11.2017
It has been a long wait and a tough one but I wanted to thank everyone for their support! It has been such a relief to see others receive their visas and that is what kept me hoping!

Just to let you know - I escalated my case twice..I received a decision 5 days after applying for the second escalation. I am not sure weather this helped but I did contact my MP who didn't respond to any email. So I would suggest, if anyone has waited for a period of 6 months and over, its worth escalating. (I say this from my experience)

If there is anyone who can guide me regarding the application for a residence card, it would be very helpful! I have a 6 months visa after which I would like to stay back with my husband in the UK. I cannot travel in and out of the country once this visa expires. What if I have not received my RC by then? Can I still live in the UK without a formal document?

Any help will be appreciated.

Good luck to those who are waiting!
Simran :D

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:22 am

Wow. Good Luck Simran. All the very best.

I hope mine too is around the corner.

Good day!