ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 with Disabled Kid

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Paljo
Newly Registered

Tier 2 with Disabled Kid

Post by Paljo » Thu May 04, 2017 11:21 pm

We have tier 2 ICT visa which states no access to public funds
I see in the response, someone said there would not be any issue in accessing the education or healthcare.
Healthcare is provided by NHs and we all entitled for it.

We have a child with special needs and we are struggling to get her in a mainstreamed school.
Since we don't have access to public fubds, we can't use state run special schools. Additionally we have been told by local council team of SEN, we can't make use of education and healthcare plan (EHC). Any child which needs more than 20hours a week support in school gets this plan. And it is quite crucial to keep the child in school with all the right support.
We are unable to get this plan.

Can some expert comment on this case please?

Echoes

Re: Tier 2 with Disabled Kid

Post by Echoes » Fri May 05, 2017 8:38 am

Paljo wrote:We have tier 2 ICT visa which states no access to public funds
I see in the response, someone said there would not be any issue in accessing the education or healthcare.
Healthcare is provided by NHs and we all entitled for it.

We have a child with special needs and we are struggling to get her in a mainstreamed school.
Since we don't have access to public fubds, we can't use state run special schools. Additionally we have been told by local council team of SEN, we can't make use of education and healthcare plan (EHC). Any child which needs more than 20hours a week support in school gets this plan. And it is quite crucial to keep the child in school with all the right support.
We are unable to get this plan.

Can some expert comment on this case please?
On what basis has the authority refused to issue an EHC plan for your child? I suggest you contact IPSEA for independent advice and information. They can even provide you legal advice.

https://www.ipsea.org.uk/

Hope this helps.

Paljo
Newly Registered

Post by Paljo » Fri May 05, 2017 8:43 am

Thanks for the response. I am writing to the team you mentioned

EHC is allowed through public funds and since don't have access to public fund we have been told we can't take this service

Echoes

Post by Echoes » Fri May 05, 2017 8:51 am

Having an EHC Plan is not classed as "recourse to public funds". Children of legally working migrants are entitled to free school education. Your child should get an EHC plan depending on her needs and how well you present your case to the LA.

Paljo
Newly Registered

Post by Paljo » Fri May 05, 2017 9:00 am

THat gives me some confidence and hope.
Looks like I had written to ipsea couple of days back, waiting for the response.
We certainly need some legal advice in case of denial.
Thanks again

Anouki
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Anouki » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Paljo wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 9:00 am
THat gives me some confidence and hope.
Looks like I had written to ipsea couple of days back, waiting for the response.
We certainly need some legal advice in case of denial.
Thanks again
Hi! Have you received any response to your query? I am asking because we also have the same restriction in our visas and we have recently applied for EHC plan. Can you please share your experience?

diegovieira
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by diegovieira » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:19 am

Hi, just wondering if you guys had any luck with that as I'm in the exact same position.

Thank you