ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:39 pm

aimu123 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 pm
jayacpr wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:23 pm
aimu123 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:16 am
jayacpr wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:09 am
i have sent email to 'nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk' had a quick replys within hours and sent email to Citizenship Support <Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk> they replied in 4 working days, about my status .
i guess they have mentioned " Your documents have been printed and are waiting to be despatched to the Local Authority."
Hi jayacpr when you sent mail to home office how many days get reply. I sent it Monday no reply yet
i have sent email to 'nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk' had a quick replys within hours and sent email to Citizenship Support <Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk> they replied in 4 working days, about my status .
Thanks jaya cpr. Happy you received your Approval
Have you not read the users post immediately above yours that you have just made?
jayacpr wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:10 pm
Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK MSC Degree
Nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS Sheffield Council (JCAP)
Date of application: 26/06/2107
Payment method: debit card
Date of receipt by HO/UKVI:28 june 2017
Date of acknowledgement: 07/07/2017
Date money gone off account: 3 Jul 2017
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 07/07/17
Biometrics done:07/07/17
Date of approval:03/11/17 received today 16/11/17
Date of ceremony: given date 28/11/
Date applied for passports: 26/06/17
Date money gone off account:07/07/17
Date passports received:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi guys , just want to let you know ...
my status is still showing Awaiting Decision , so people who were worried like me , please dont completely trust the status , as moderators say its still in trail.

JUSTMEHERE
Newly Registered

Post by JUSTMEHERE » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:42 pm

jayacpr wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:01 pm
my status is still showing Awaiting Decision , so people who were worried like me , please dont completely trust the status , as moderators say its still in trail.
Congratulations, hope more June babies hear soon too. Glad for you :D

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:03 pm

do we know for sure if the updates on the online checker are happening every day, or every other day etc etc? It's obvious from the speed of the query returns that they are "cached" and not real time.
Mine always seems to be stuck at "Awaiting a decision" since 01/09...pretty frustrating really

aimu123
Newly Registered

Post by aimu123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:42 pm

jayacpr wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:01 pm
Thanks jay , and congratulations. My status still showing awaiting decision I applied same 26/06/2017 hopefully receive decision by next week .

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:43 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:03 pm
do we know for sure if the updates on the online checker are happening every day, or every other day etc etc? It's obvious from the speed of the query returns that they are "cached" and not real time.
Mine always seems to be stuck at "Awaiting a decision" since 01/09...pretty frustrating really
They can't as I've been approved and the checker hasn't updated, so you may get home to a nice letter this evening.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Just got a reply from FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk after 4 days

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that your application is in the process and that decisions on applications are usually made within six months.

As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.

We will endeavour to conclude your application at the earliest opportunity and we will write to you again as soon as the necessary checks are complete. Please be assured that, as soon as we are in a position to reach a decision, you will be notified accordingly.

So seems like a standard generic reply

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:33 pm

cristiano1988 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:21 pm
Guys did anybody know if home office send automatically letter when you passed the 5 month telling you that process it will take more than 6 month ? By the way swinttooh did you receive the letter ?
No I didn't get that "your case is complex and it may take more than 6 months" rubbish. It is not usually the case that is complex but hopeless quality and speed of service from Home Office causing the delay.

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:40 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:07 pm
swintooh (+ anyone else who may know) - Are you able to comment on whether updates happen once a day at a specific time or whether they can happen several times throughout the day?
No idea, I was mostly checking the batch in the late evening although my status changed sometime in the middle of the day say 11am-1pm. I doubt it's being updated many times a day, my sample is way too small and I'm not running the same checks few times a day. Few others also reported they noticed the change happening around noon.

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:00 pm

swintooh wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:41 am
Range 22331500 to 22331999 - applications made around 9-Jun-2017, acknowledged around 19-Jun-2017.

1 application status have changed from "awaiting decision" to "decided" over 1 working day.

211/281 are decided (75.1%)
69/281 are awaiting decision (24.5%)
1/281 is open (0.4%)
4 application status have changed from "awaiting decision" to "decided" over 1 working day.

215/281 are decided (76.5%)
65/281 are awaiting decision (23.1%)
1/281 is open (0.4%)

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Mine got 'Decided' online yesterday and I haven't got the letter. So it works differently for everyone.
at a least give it few days!!!
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:36 pm

I don't think it's reliable. I got my approval letter yesterday (dated 7 Nov) and the website still says awaiting decision. I can't book my appointment yet as the HO letter hasn't reached the council yet
Call your Local council again and ask them to get in touch with the HO, also make sure you give them your HO Ref number, as i have called my local one today even it's too early for me to get any reply from HO (Basiccaly was just trying my luck) and the lady from the council had to ring me but i couldn't pick so she left me a voicemail stating that:

To ring or email them back with these details IF I have received Citizenship invitation from HO:
-Full name
-DOB
-HO Ref number
So this way if they need to call the HO and ask them whats happening, and at least they have all the above details that they need about you when contacting HO!
Make sure you insist when calling or give them a quick visit! Good luck
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

Arshsam

Post by Arshsam » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:29 pm

@ "Yevgeniy Orloff"

Ask H.O to email you the Decision on PDF Printable version which you can be use to book the Ceremony as i read someone already did at here...

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:28 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:13 pm
AdInfernos wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm
baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 am

Congratulations to you! I saw your timeline and I believe you applied after me and you got your decision. Frustratingly I am still awaiting...oh well!
Thank you. I see your point, but have no explanation of why. Only I have observed that as from August decisions are being taken sooner. I can only think of the home office hiring new caseworkers who are able to take faster decisions because the just get new applications and don't have a backlog.

An alternative theory might be that the checks are now conducted in a different way and they get the results faster.

In any case I'm sure it won't take long for yours now. 👍
Gracias amigo :) for your knowledge I'm EU as well (Italian). I think you might have a good theory there: new caseworkers, not so much to work on already. That would explain (hopefully) what the reasons are. Good on you though that you have reassurance and all you have to do now is present yourself for the ceremony! Can't wait to be in the same position and put this nightmare behind me!
Not at all. See, I checked some of the emails I have received from the home office and this was in the signatures of one of them:
UKVI is experiencing higher than average intake at present in some routes. Additional resources are being deployed to minimise delays in processing where this is the case.
So hopefully those additional resources will mean a decision taken soon.

Non English text removed by moderator

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:20 am

AdInfernos wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:28 pm
baccus99 wrote:
AdInfernos wrote:
baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 am

Congratulations to you! I saw your timeline and I believe you applied after me and you got your decision. Frustratingly I am still awaiting...oh well!
Thank you. I see your point, but have no explanation of why. Only I have observed that as from August decisions are being taken sooner. I can only think of the home office hiring new caseworkers who are able to take faster decisions because the just get new applications and don't have a backlog.

An alternative theory might be that the checks are now conducted in a different way and they get the results faster.

Gracias amigo :) for your knowledge I'm EU as well (Italian). I think you might have a good theory there: new caseworkers, not so much to work on already. That would explain (hopefully) what the reasons are. Good on you though that you have reassurance and all you have to do now is present yourself for the ceremony! Can't wait to be in the same position and put this nightmare behind me!
Not at all. See, I checked some of the emails I have received from the home office and this was in the signatures of one of them:
UKVI is experiencing higher than average intake at present in some routes. Additional resources are being deployed to minimise delays in processing where this is the case.

Buona fortuna amico mio!
Thank you AdInfernos. Last question for you: did you chase updates on your application or did you just wait for them to send you the approval letter?

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:24 am

kirkerj wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:43 pm
baccus99 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:03 pm
They can't as I've been approved and the checker hasn't updated, so you may get home to a nice letter this evening.
ah ah, I work from home and every time the postman approaches I have to move the dog away from the hallway as he tends to chew the mail! :) If only life was that easy hey?

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:44 am

baccus99 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:20 am
AdInfernos wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:28 pm
baccus99 wrote:
AdInfernos wrote:

Buona fortuna amico mio!
Thank you AdInfernos. Last question for you: did you chase updates on your application or did you just wait for them to send you the approval letter?
The day I saw the status as decided I emailed them. I didn't ask directly for the decision because I know they won't tell you by email, but expected at least some clues in their reply. But no, just a standard email. Fortunately my update was on a Wednesday and the letter arrived very soon on Saturday. Haven't heard so far anything about the invitation for the ceremony, though.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:56 am

Can members please NOT post their full timeline format posts in this topic. There are month specific timeline threads for such posts. ONLY post queries relating to status updates/checks in this thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by coltam82 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:56 pm

What ref numbers are you using to check your status
I’ve tried my case ID number, I’ve also tried my payment ref number on my receipt when I done my biometrics
None of these seem to work. I have removed the 0 in front of the case ID but still no luck
I applied on the 23/10/2017

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:37 pm

coltam82 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:56 pm
I’ve tried my case ID number, I’ve also tried my payment ref number on my receipt when I done my biometrics
None of these seem to work. I have removed the 0 in front of the case ID but still no luck
The case ID is definitely a way of checking, however it looks like the online tracker is completely unreliable at present. When I applied (29/08) it seemed to work great and from 01/09 mine could be tracked via the case ID. I have read that new applicants cannot see their status at all at present due (again) to the unreliable online tool...don't despair!

aimu123
Newly Registered

Post by aimu123 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:19 pm

I just received reply from home office saying

"Your application is currently awaiting allocation to a caseworker for consideration"

Tanya78
Newly Registered

Post by Tanya78 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:42 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:37 pm
coltam82 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:56 pm
The case ID is definitely a way of checking, however it looks like the online tracker is completely unreliable at present. When I applied (29/08) it seemed to work great and from 01/09 mine could be tracked via the case ID. I have read that new applicants cannot see their status at all at present due (again) to the unreliable online tool...don't despair!
I am in the same situation. I've applied on 24.10 and have done the biometric enrolment on 7/11.The system cannot recognise any of the reference numbers.

Azbill666

Post by Azbill666 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 pm

I have applied on 20th October 2017 using NCS, online status so far is
reference number not been recognised

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:41 pm

swintooh wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:00 pm
swintooh wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:41 am
Range 22331500 to 22331999 - applications made around 9-Jun-2017, acknowledged around 19-Jun-2017.

1 application status have changed from "awaiting decision" to "decided" over 1 working day.

211/281 are decided (75.1%)
69/281 are awaiting decision (24.5%)
1/281 is open (0.4%)
4 application status have changed from "awaiting decision" to "decided" over 1 working day.

215/281 are decided (76.5%)
65/281 are awaiting decision (23.1%)
1/281 is open (0.4%)

216/281 are decided (76.9%)
64/281 are awaiting decision (22.7%)
1/281 is open (0.4%)

I'm suspending this research as JUSTMEHERE was the only person who asked me to continue and his/her status have just changed to decided.

RobinCzWa
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by RobinCzWa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:47 pm

I applied 19/10 and my Case ID is not recognised, but on acknowledge letter in top right corner (below HO adress) I get "Our Ref" number - it looks like Z112xxxx. If I take off first letter and put only these 7 numbers left then system recognise me and show that my status is Awaiting a decision.
I'm not 100% sure is it correct way, but it works (hope so that in this situation it shows my status, not some other person)