ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SuperNkky
Trinidad & Tobago

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by SuperNkky » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:40 am

Good morning guys. Forgive me admin for this post.
My husband was away for a month and our supporting documents was sent from sheffield but 18days passed and was not yet back to collect from royal mail, so royal mail sent back our documents back to sheffield.

Please what d we do or how do we contact them to get back our documents. please help

trsiam88

Re: the processing times

Post by trsiam88 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:14 am

WorldMaster wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:43 pm
120 days - 80% of applications decided whether 120 days - 72% of applications decided. The question is what's going on with the rest of 20-28% ?!
They are ...what? What should expect applicants whose application held longer than 120 days? When them to expect at least tiny particular progress in decision-making process of their applications?
The problem is that UKVI didn't answer these logically obvious questions which arise in view of absence these 20-28% of applicANTS in statistics published.
So this processing timeline is not an indication of how long an application will take but purely based on the decisions made in October....and since we all know that in October many decisions were made for people waiting since Dec/Jan/Feb.....that would have skewed the timeline by quite a bit and hence why u see that 20-28% number missing, its because it took them longer than 120 days to make the decision on those waiting since Dec/Jan/Feb and their decisions were made in October.

If they do update the timeline next month, it would probably be a bit shorter I would imagine.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:53 am

Application Category: Spouse Priority
Application Submitted Online: 26/09/2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): New Delhi
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date) 27/09/17

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 27/09/17
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : 02/10/2017
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): N/A

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : 6th Nov 2017
Contacted For Collection : 7th Nov 2017 :roll:
Collection Made : 15th November 2017
Decision Of Application : Visa Granted :D :lol:

Visa was granted from 1st Dec 17 t0 31st Dec 17. But due to some personal reasons she cannot travel during this time. She will be traveling in the first week of Jan. I know we can request the visa to be transferred. But will HO will transfer it to the current passport as i see the option is new passport. Also what is the lead time for the new visa. What documents need to be submitted?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

trsiam88

Post by trsiam88 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:11 pm

FINALLY a breath of fresh air for us!

Application Category: Spouse Non-priority
Application Submitted Online: 26/06/2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Lahore
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date) 03/07/17

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 13/07/17
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : 15/08/2017
Case not straightforward email: 18/09/17
Request for further documents: 18/09/17 , they asked for IELTS for UKVI, we had submitted UK NARIC statements so I just pointed them back to the UK NARIC statements within the pack, did not do submit IELTs
Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : 13/11/17
Contacted For Collection : 16th Nov 2017
Collection Made : 16th November 2017
Decision Of Application : Visa Granted :D

Had contacted UKVI around 3 times on the idiotic contact centre phone line and didnt get anything but 'under processing' and also contact MP who got the same reply that it is being processed and told us to wait since the application was not straight forward. And had really given up in the last 2/3 weeks but patience has finally paid off.

I would say be patient, the contact center are useless and the MP route may or may not help, but I do pray that all those waiting do get their visas soon and be reunited with their families!

wellwisher1928
Mood:

Post by wellwisher1928 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:01 pm

trsiam88 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:11 pm

Request for further documents: 18/09/17 , they asked for IELTS for UKVI, we had submitted UK NARIC statements so I just pointed them back to the UK NARIC statements within the pack, did not do submit IELTs

Had contacted UKVI around 3 times on the idiotic contact centre phone line and didnt get anything but 'under processing' and also contact MP who got the same reply that it is being processed and told us to wait since the application was not straight forward. And had really given up in the last 2/3 weeks but patience has finally paid off.

I would say be patient, the contact center are useless and the MP route may or may not help, but I do pray that all those waiting do get their visas soon and be reunited with their families!
Many Many Congratulation Trisam....

Can you tell me what Route you use in UK NARIC RED or BLUE?
and did you send them back a scan copy or post it again...

trsiam88

Post by trsiam88 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:17 pm

wellwisher1928 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:01 pm
trsiam88 wrote:

Thanks WellWisher!

I used the Blue Route, as at the time we had submitted the online application before realising we had the wrong IELTs so had to do blue route with priority service to get the statements within 48hrs and I just sent them scanned copies although I had already sent them the originals with the supporting pack that I had sent. And to be honest they had only requested for the IELTS for UKVI number from the certificate (if we had one) and a scanned copy of it.

wellwisher1928
Mood:

Post by wellwisher1928 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:36 pm

trsiam88 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:17 pm
wellwisher1928 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:01 pm
trsiam88 wrote:

Thanks WellWisher!

I used the Blue Route, as at the time we had submitted the online application before realising we had the wrong IELTs so had to do blue route with priority service to get the statements within 48hrs and I just sent them scanned copies although I had already sent them the originals with the supporting pack that I had sent. And to be honest they had only requested for the IELTS for UKVI number from the certificate (if we had one) and a scanned copy of it.

Thank you for your reply.

I was worried for Blue & Red route because I used for my Citizenship UK NARIC for english language last year and it was ok. I thought it will work also for my spouse for settelment visa too so I applied Blue Route in September 2017 and submit application from Pakistan in October. I find out later that there is a red route for outside of the country for settlment. Now I hope they will accept that Certificate. its almost 30 working days and didnt get any response from HO. My application is also standard.

alexbro
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by alexbro » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:39 pm

PBP wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:35 pm
I read that someone's spouse was in Rome, mine is in Spain as the company he worked for in the UK have a sister company there. But we are facing a lot more than just waiting for a decision from the uk settlement visa, as when he went to the Spanish bank to wihtdraw money he didn't have his passport, they immediately blocked his bank and the spanish police have been in-touch to whom we explained the situation but they said in Spain it is law that you carry your passport at all times, and they cannot understand why the British Embassy would hold his passport whilst he was in a foreign country, which neither can we or anyone else. Now he can't do anything, not even hire a car or pay for anything on his UK card, nor travel to other offices in the EU. Now he is stuck between two systems and it's bureaucracy gone mad. Our solicitor says if we request back his passport they will withdraw his application, but they have gone beyond the publishing standard and only contacted us on the 13th week for more documentation (which was incorrect of them anyway), and reading all the messages in here he could be waiting many more months. It will be impossible for him not to get in trouble in Spain, I'm going out of my mind with it all... has anyone else been in a similar situation and is there a way to get the passport back without withdrawing the application? Thanks
Hi PBP - we are in exact same situation in Spain. My wife applied for EEA Family Permit on October 4, we received a "not straightforward" email on October 20, still waiting since then. I tried to contact them on the phone a few times, but all we got is just another reply about not straightforward case and that they can't provide any timeline.
Her passport is in TLS in Madrid and we can't get it back - tried all possible. They said they can only return it through withdrawal of the application.
Did your husband get his visa? Or did you manage to get your passport back while waiting?
Is anyone else having the same problem and do you know of any way to get passport back without withdrawing the application?

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:51 pm

RedBlue wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:53 am

Visa was granted from 1st Dec 17 t0 31st Dec 17. But due to some personal reasons she cannot travel during this time. She will be traveling in the first week of Jan. I know we can request the visa to be transferred. But will HO will transfer it to the current passport as i see the option is new passport. Also what is the lead time for the new visa. What documents need to be submitted?

Can someone please respond. So i can make an application

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:37 pm

RedBlue wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:51 pm
RedBlue wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:53 am

Can someone please respond. So i can make an application
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-vignette

general-uk-immigration-forum/30-day-vig ... 92549.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Meedo7
Pakistan

Post by Meedo7 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:04 pm

anni117 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:41 pm
Alhamdulilah x10000

my husband collected his passport today from Mirpur PK. visa has been granted!!

so so grateful to allah, thank you to everyone for the support on here too!

we applied online 21st February 2017, bio done 28th feb took almost 9 months.
anyone waiting from Mirpur, hubby was told 133 passports have arrived today. i hope and pray everyone is granted good news soon. Patience is a must!
Please help me anni
My biometric was done on 27 Feb and our interview was done on end of June but still waiting
Please help me by telling me that is your interview done and did you also got not straight forward email how many times did you contact for inquiry how did you contact them last time

paulakh
Newly Registered

Post by paulakh » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:30 pm

hi
finally my wife got visa on 9th November , no decision made email and no text from vfs , courier company ring when they got parcel. Time line below
bio 9th March Chandigarh India
case not straight forward 3rd June
3 escalation and same answer , MP did't help at all
took 8 months to get visa :D :D :P

wellwisher1928
Mood:

Post by wellwisher1928 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:41 pm

paulakh wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:30 pm
hi
finally my wife got visa on 9th November , no decision made email and no text from vfs , courier company ring when they got parcel. Time line below
bio 9th March Chandigarh India
case not straight forward 3rd June
3 escalation and same answer , MP did't help at all
took 8 months to get visa :D :D :P
Congratulation Paulakh....

anni117
Newly Registered

Post by anni117 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Meedo7 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:04 pm
anni117 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:41 pm
Alhamdulilah x10000

my husband collected his passport today from Mirpur PK. visa has been granted!!

so so grateful to allah, thank you to everyone for the support on here too!

we applied online 21st February 2017, bio done 28th feb took almost 9 months.
anyone waiting from Mirpur, hubby was told 133 passports have arrived today. i hope and pray everyone is granted good news soon. Patience is a must!
Please help me anni
My biometric was done on 27 Feb and our interview was done on end of June but still waiting
Please help me by telling me that is your interview done and did you also got not straight forward email how many times did you contact for inquiry how did you contact them last time

Hey Meedo7,

yes they called and took all details from me and my boss end of August. Fortunately for me i found the MP helped to escalate the matter. The first time i contacted MP they made a call to UKVI and i got the interview 2 days later. The 2nd time i contacted my MP was on the 31st october, i got a response from MP that they have contacted UKVI, and said to wait. i called UKVI on 6th november for status update, they told me a decision had been made on the 31st october and wait 10 working days till you get a call/txt to collect passport. 11 working days later my husband got txt and call to collect.
yes also got not straight forward email in August.
contacted UKVI many times, but like everyone keeps stating that does not help, as my case was escalated many times by them.
contact your MP, i hope they escalate the matter for you.

smarter1

Post by smarter1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:52 pm

A friend of mine just contacted me, she isn't into forums stuff, so with her permission here is the story.

She applied for a spouse visa early October 2017, priority. Her sponsor contacted UKVI a few times and he was finally allowed to escalate. The day after the escalation, the sponsor received an email 'you are required to provide a written consent from the applicant to receive an update on the case' and at the same time the applicant received 'not straightforward' email.

I think HO simply trying to buy some time to hold applications for long time. I have seen a few people here who got their visas a few days after 'not straightforward' email.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:58 am

Mid November
And still no decision. 🤷‍♀️

Ith

Post by Ith » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:14 am

ak80 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:58 am
Mid November
Yes me too still waiting since may 31 from Sri Lanka. Looks like it's going to be another 6 months wait for me.. i simple trying stopped thinking about this visa thing waiting for my hoilday next year because I taken all my hoilday this year have not seen my spouse since may :(

Because I see people who applied after September getting their visa so quick. Within day :(

shanp1012
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by shanp1012 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:26 am

ak80 wrote:
Mid November
@ak80, its better u contact local MP and send the email to him/her without wasting your time and money by escalating again and again. I have sent an email on 30th October to our local MP as soon as i received the mail on 30th from HO and got my VISA approved today. Mention each and every email you have received from HO in your email.

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 am

Ith wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:14 am
ak80 wrote:
Mid November
Yes me too still waiting since may 31 from Sri Lanka. Looks like it's going to be another 6 months wait for me.. i simple trying stopped thinking about this visa thing waiting for my hoilday next year because I taken all my hoilday this year have not seen my spouse since may :(

Because I see people who applied after September getting their visa so quick. Within day :(
Hi
Me too in same situation from Sri Lanka. I'm feeling so stress and depression when I'm thinking about this visa. I did my online application in end of June and biometrics was on 7th July. Didn't hear anything from HO. Not even 31 October mail or not straightforward application email. I just called HO and check the status of my application mid October and they said still under processing. As you said I saw lots of people getting their decisions who are applied in August, September and October too. I didn't see any Sri Lankan application receiving their decisions recently. This waiting is too much and so painful. I didn't see my spouse since June. However there is no option other than waiting. Hopefully we all get visa and can celebrate Christmas holidays with our loved once together. Hope for the best. Good luck.

smarter1

Post by smarter1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:20 am

There are more option than you can imagine and complaining here is the worst one.

abhachandel
Newly Registered

Post by abhachandel » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:46 am

shanp1012 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:26 am
ak80 wrote:
Mid November
@ak80, its better u contact local MP and send the email to him/her without wasting your time and money by escalating again and again. I have sent an email on 30th October to our local MP as soon as i received the mail on 30th from HO and got my VISA approved today. Mention each and every email you have received from HO in your email.
We contacted our MP already 4 times and only response to that is case NSF mail from HO. That too because I made a official complaint against HO for providing mis leading information and they accepted that complaint so now so they make sure i do have a reply apart from that nothing. So far nothing so i know only two option left judicial review or complaint to ombudsman but not sure how effective those could be.

Meedo7
Pakistan

Post by Meedo7 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:51 am

Please help me urgent please
I got an email now

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 11/17/2017 .
Can I go and collect my passport tomorrow
When I can collect my passport from visa center or Gerry office and is it open on Saturday in Pakistan Islamabad please help me if it is open then I have to leave today from house
My biometric was on 27 Feb

wellwisher1928
Mood:

Post by wellwisher1928 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Meedo7 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:51 am
I got an email now

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 11/17/2017 .
When I can collect my passport from visa center or Gerry office and is it open on Saturday in Pakistan Islamabad please help me if it is open then I have to leave today from house
Good news. but you can collect on Monday now. Because gerry office open till 5PM Monay-Friday

Meedo7
Pakistan

Post by Meedo7 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:18 pm

wellwisher1928 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:02 pm
Meedo7 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:51 am
I got an email now

Ok brother and please all of you pray for me that after long wait I got my visa and go to my wife with the help of Allah please all of you please remember me in your prayers

Good news. but you can collect on Monday now. Because gerry office open till 5PM Monay-Friday

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Thank you friends for your advices