ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried - no acknowledgement e-mail/mail and no biometrics letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biotmetrics Photos question

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:14 am

tallahassee wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:05 am
bruteforce wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:20 pm
If they have taken the money from your account then your application is on right track. You should be receiving acknowledgment soon. They will normally email you as well if you have provided them your email address. Nothing to worry about so soon.
Thanks for your reassuring words, brtueforce. The letter showed up yesterday =) They were sent on the 20th and somehow Royal Mail took 8 days to deliver them...

I had a quick question about which photos end up in the passport. I submitted 1 photo with the citizenship application and 2 with the JSP passport application. The biometrics letter states that further photos will be taken at the post office.

Would anyone know whether its the photos submitted with the passport application or the one taken at the post office that end up in the passport?

I am just wondering whether I should shave before going to the post office... :mrgreen: :roll:

Thanks!
The 'digital photo' at the post office is purely biometrics to ensure you are the correct person submitting fingerprints and applying. The photo in your passport will be the one you submitted with the application form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tallahassee

Re: Worried - no acknowledgement e-mail/mail and no biometrics letter

Post by tallahassee » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:28 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:14 am
The 'digital photo' at the post office is purely biometrics to ensure you are the correct person submitting fingerprints and applying. The photo in your passport will be the one you submitted with the application form.
Thank you for the prompt response, CR001!

tallahassee

Re: May not have a permanent address for a few weeks

Post by tallahassee » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Hi,

Not sure if it's appropriate to use this old thread of mine but I thought it's better than having CR001 merging a new one back into this one again :)

Just a quick question - I am currently in a bit of a tricky and complicated living situation and have to move out from my place in exactly one month from now. I may not find something permanent by then, and as I am in another country for 10 days over Christmas, I may just crash with a friend of so for a week (or two) before and after Christmas, until I find something new. This would leave me without a permanent address for for a few weeks, while my citizenship application might still be pending.

What's the best way to approach this situation? Would it be illegal not to inform the HO of this? Is it best not to mention anything until I find something permanent, as opposed to confusing them with several address changes in the span of a few weeks?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:32 pm

Would it be illegal not to inform the HO of this?
No, if you mean 'breaking the law'. You should inform HO though, even if it is only a temp address.
Is it best not to mention anything until I find something permanent, as opposed to confusing them with several address changes in the span of a few weeks?
You should inform them and giving a friends address with a brief explanation is fine. Do Royal Mail redirection too. Do you really want to risk not informing them and then missing any letters?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Re: May not have a permanent address for a few weeks

Post by ariskar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:05 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:16 pm
Hi,

Not sure if it's appropriate to use this old thread of mine but I thought it's better than having CR001 merging a new one back into this one again :)

Just a quick question - I am currently in a bit of a tricky and complicated living situation and have to move out from my place in exactly one month from now. I may not find something permanent by then, and as I am in another country for 10 days over Christmas, I may just crash with a friend of so for a week (or two) before and after Christmas, until I find something new. This would leave me without a permanent address for for a few weeks, while my citizenship application might still be pending.

What's the best way to approach this situation? Would it be illegal not to inform the HO of this? Is it best not to mention anything until I find something permanent, as opposed to confusing them with several address changes in the span of a few weeks?

Thanks!
I would suggest you ask your friend to use his address for post/mail and if they agree, give it to the Home Office. Also buy redirection from Royal mail for 3 or 6 months (depending expected approval time) from your previous address (the application address I assume), to ensure that any mail sent by HO there would get to your new address. Approval letters have been redirecting successfully according to some other forum members. Keep that friend address till your approval letter and ceremony invitation. Making dual changes may confuse HO and complicate mail redirection. This is what I would do in your case and is my logical recommendation, but not binding advice. Best of luck.

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Thank you both for your replies. I will go with what you suggested, should it come to that situation.

If I temporarily move to another place/council and then get approved in that period after informing the HO of the address change, does that mean my ceremony would have to take place at that new council?