ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd stage letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nad2107

Citizenship with Expired GNIB Card

Post by nad2107 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:40 pm

My husband has applied for his citizenship in april, however we are still waiting to hear back from them regarding a decision. His passport was returned back after about 3 months with acknowledgement and receipt.

His GNIB and stamp 4 expired at end of September. We went there before it expired to get get renewal as he had booked appointment. When we were there we were asked to send email as he did not have a letter from the relevant department saying he has to go for renewal.

Since then we have sent about ten emails and letters, requesting this particular lertter he has been there 4 times and was told someone will call him twice but no calls arrived. He has now written two letters through his solicitor and nothing.

So we are really worried at this stage as his stamp 4 expired over a month ago and nothing from INIS, we dont even know how long the nationality application is going to take. From what I hear a couple of people applied same time as him and already got invited for ceremony in November.

Any one have any idea what best to do in a situation like this.

PS apologies in advance if I am posting in the wrong thread!!

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship with Expired GNIB Card

Post by broli » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:23 pm

nad2107 Should tell the full background of situation ...please always try to tell the full story and show a clear picture.

Did He apply for EU3 or EU1 renewal ?

Did he receive acknowledgement ?

When is decision date ? you said september now we have November more than 6 months

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:39 pm

broli wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:23 pm
nad2107 Should tell the full background of situation ...please always try to tell the full story and show a clear picture.

Did He apply for EU3 or EU1 renewal ?

Did he receive acknowledgement ?

When is decision date ? you said september now we have November more than 6 months

Broli if you read my initial post I have clearly mentioned he is on stamp 4. He is awaiting renewal of stamp 4 so that would be EU1. And as I stated he has heard nothing at all back from them.

He applied for his citizenship in April as his stamp 4 was still valid then. So if you calculate from April to OCtober that is 6 months for them to come back to him for decision on Citizenship.

However as the thread asked the question CITIZENSHIP WITH EXPIRED GNIB, I was asking about what what one can do in a situation like that.

nad2107

NOT GETTING RESPONSE FROM INIS

Post by nad2107 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi all

wondering if someone can shed some light on our issue.

I have already mentioned this is another post (admin I apologise if I am not allowed to start a new thread please delete)

Basically my husband is here on EU treaty rights as I am a British passport holder. He has been here for the last 5 years legally.

We made an application for his naturalisation back in April and are awaiting a decision.

In the mean time his stamp 4 expired. We had booked an appointment online and went to INIS with renewal with a letter which he had received when he first arrived. When we got to the window at INIS he was informed that he would need another letter and to send them and email and then to come back with the letter.

Since then he has emailed them on numerous occasions, been to INIS personally to ask and each time his number was taken and was told he will get a call back - but nothing so far. His solicitor even wrote to them twice but no reply.

We are very concerned that now he has no stamp 4 as his has expired and obviously we are aware of the delays that citizenship are taking as well.

Any advice from anyone what best to do. Is he ok here without stamp as we have all proof of how many times we tried to contact them etc.

Thanks

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Hi nad2107 ,

It's strange he should have received temporary stamp after applying for for EU1 again especially he's qualified EU spouse and was already on stamp 4. Did he tell INiS that he was working (if applicable ) ? and that needed extension keep the job ? (you actually asked for updates by E-mail)

Why didn't you apply for permanent stamp EU3 which is must better ( just a side note).

---------------------------------------------******----------------------------***------------------------------------

If he has acknowledgement letter he should be fine i mean (No prejudice however he will need a valid stamp for citizenship ceremony as per previous guys threads they usually ask for a valid stamp before at some point )

On the ceremony page it is written You can be granted citizenship at the rescheduled ceremonies as long as your immigration permission was valid on 16 October. ((that one above is an exception due to ophelia))

That means you need a valid stamp (VISA ) to take to oath.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/ci ... ip-updates

nad2107

Re: NOT GETTING RESPONSE FROM INIS

Post by nad2107 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:44 pm

PS I should mention that the reason he needed to get new stamp was as the passport was expiring so his stamp was only valid until september as the passport was only valid till then. he made a new passport at his embassy and he needs a new stamp on that passport.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi nad2107 bringing back the matching part to your thread if you don't mind,

It's strange he should have received temporary stamp after applying for for EU1 again especially he's qualified EU spouse and was already on stamp 4.

Did he write inform Eu treat that he was working (if applicable ) ? and that needed extension keep the job ?

Did he receive an Acknowledgment of EU1 application ?

Garda Bureau were actually right you need a letter from EU treaty right granting a Temporary stamp (In fact if your spouse applied for EU1 "again" that's not considered as renewal it's a fresh application ; EU treaty right is then supposed to grant your husband temporary stamp while waiting for new stamp 4 approval )

They don't call people on phone they only sent letter by Anpost however you can ask for an update by e-mail eutreatyrights@justice.ie

Why didn't you apply for permanent stamp EU3 which is must better ( is there a reason you didn't apply for it it does matter depending on the reason even if they are supposed to ignore all when you log a fresh application).

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:11 pm

nad2107 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:44 pm
PS I should mention that the reason he needed to get new stamp was as the passport was expiring so his stamp was only valid until september as the passport was only valid till then. he made a new passport at his embassy and he needs a new stamp on that passport.
The case is still not very clear though. (Given that he applied for citizenship i assume that he got another EU4FAM stamp for 5 years)

Well in this case you need to bring to original letter that was granting permit they should put the remaining amount of time if the letter was granting a permit that was valid for a longer period of time than the passport remaining validity periods..

For example i got letter for 5 years visa few years ago but my passeport only had 2 more years validity remaining , What they did was to put the 2 years in my passport when i got a new passport i brought it to garda along with the letter that was initially granting me 5 years residency . The officer then granted me 3 more years on my new passeport

I hope my reply will more useful :mrgreen:

nad2107

2nd stage letter

Post by nad2107 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:17 pm

hi all

i know everyone is different, but has anyone guide a rough time estimate on from when you receive second stage letter how long they are taking to process naturalisation application.

Basically husband received a letter this week to say it has now progressed to second stage and they will inform him if anything else is required.

So just wondering if anyone might know.

Thanks

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: 2nd stage letter

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:55 pm

nad2107 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:17 pm
hi all

i know everyone is different, but has anyone guide a rough time estimate on from when you receive second stage letter how long they are taking to process naturalisation application.

Basically husband received a letter this week to say it has now progressed to second stage and they will inform him if anything else is required.

So just wondering if anyone might know.

Thanks
I think he should be sorted by the next ceremony, so it depends when INIS announce the next ceremony.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: 2nd stage letter

Post by chaoclive » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:28 pm

I was wondering about how long (roughly) it may take from the second stage letter too. My civil partner received his 2nd stage letter today, after waiting just over 3 months.

I'm just curious about long other people had to wait. He applied on the basis of 3 years of residence in NI as the civil partner of an Irish citizen (me).