ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hachel

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by hachel » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:54 pm

SFS2016 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:19 pm
Hi All,
Need advice!
Applied for EEA-FP from Islamabad on 25th May 2017.
Received a text message today "You visa application GWXXXX has been processed"
Nothing else has been written on it. No other text message or email. Kindly suggest what should we do, shall we go and collect passport?
Your advice will be appreciated.
Regards and good luck to all.
Hi SFS2016

I think you should wait for the VFS to contact you to go and collect your passport.
Did you escalate your case ? Got MP or Solvit involved ? If so when ?

Wish you the best.

Cheers.

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:16 pm

GUYS HELP,!!!
I have called the Government complaint for phone and they told me to wait a week and if no answer nothing they have given me a number to send it directly where the Visa status is decided. Is that normal?
Moreover my lawyer says that in two weeks will do a letter stating that it has passed the limit of waiting for my Visa and is going to bring to the Court.
Someone has same problem than me? I applied from Madrid, Spain. 26/5/2017
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.

SFS2016
Newly Registered

Post by SFS2016 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:15 pm

hachel wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:54 pm
SFS2016 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:19 pm
Hi All,
Need advice!
Applied for EEA-FP from Islamabad on 25th May 2017.
Received a text message today "You visa application GWXXXX has been processed"
Nothing else has been written on it. No other text message or email. Kindly suggest what should we do, shall we go and collect passport?
Your advice will be appreciated.
Regards and good luck to all.
Hi SFS2016

I think you should wait for the VFS to contact you to go and collect your passport.
Did you escalate your case ? Got MP or Solvit involved ? If so when ?

Wish you the best.

Cheers.
Thank you Hachel for your valuable advice. We escalated two time, last one we received reply on 11th oct and typical reply "Not straightforward". Contacted Solvit as well. But on 1st November received phone call from VFS to bring all supporting documents next day they want to scan them again. We took all of them but not all as impossible to arrange all documents cuz some were back to UK.
What sort of reply ppl getting to collect passport? can anybody help.
Good luck to all.
Regards

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:54 pm

Anyone who applied in July 2017 from Nigeria Lagos Ikeja onder FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA?

Any reply?

Thanks

baigbaig
Pakistan

Post by baigbaig » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:00 am

Hi,

My EEAFP refused after 7 months.

I don't want to appeal and resubmit and wait again one year.

Can I apply family visits visa instead EEA application am I elligeible for that. ???

unuojeye
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by unuojeye » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:04 am

Post by Merzit » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:27 pm
I have called the Government complaint for phone and they told me to wait a week and if no receipt nothing they have given me a number to send it directly where the Visa status is decided. Is that normal?
Moreover my lawyer says that in two weeks will do a letter stating that it has passed the limit of waiting for my Visa and is going to bring to the Court.
Someone has same problem than me? I applies from Madrid, Spain. 26/5/2017´.

Hello, Merzit,good morning.Actually nobody really knows what is normal or not normal.we all are just trying everything possible to get our visas out in a respectful approach.so i can understand that you are trying to reach out in order to get your visa decided.and of course i repeat with a respectful approach. I also applied from madrid .20/6/2017.i have been calling.i received a message not to call again .that i will be contacted shortly to update me.And i am still waiting. so do what you feel you can do to get their attention.though i believe that your application will be decided any moment from now, from the dates of people being answered now.your date is close to those that applied in may. I wish everybody still waiting all the best.

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:28 am

I applied from Nigeria on the 28 July.
I have got a couple of mail saying my application has not been straightforward.
I called several times but seems they don’t want to tell me what is wrong or what they meant by NOT STRAIGHTFORWARD.

My application type is FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:26 am

dear members,

after approval eea family permit is it required to have a return air ticket to the country of origin or one way ticket suffice if so which airlines allows you to board with one way ticket from asia continent
any advice appreciated.

Tmaran
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Tmaran » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:12 pm

baigbaig wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:00 am
Hi,

My EEAFP refused after 7 months.

I don't want to appeal and resubmit and wait again one year.

Can I apply family visits visa instead EEA application am I elligeible for that. ???
Sad !! Don't worry !!why refused ? What reason?

Rajput345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rajput345 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:14 pm

progazna wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:26 am
dear members,

after approval eea family permit is it required to have a return air ticket to the country of origin or one way ticket suffice if so which airlines allows you to board with one way ticket from asia continent
any advice appreciated.
Return ticket is not required you can travel with one way ticket by any airline.my family got eea fp and thy travelled from pakistan with one way ticket on Gulf air.you can buy ticket any airline that cheep

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:33 pm

I applied this July 28 from Nigeria for my wife to join me in uk.
Application type: family member of an eea.
10 August got email from Sheffield confirming they have received my application.
16 August got another email which was saying my application was not straightforward and they can’t make a decision according to there time frame and they don’t know when a decision will be made.
And the wurst thing is am not able to check the status of the application my self, it keep saying reference number not recognized.

Any body in same situation?

Haven’t got any news till now

thsths

Post by thsths » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Paschal wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:28 am
I called several times but seems they don’t want to tell me what is wrong or what they meant by NOT STRAIGHTFORWARD.
It is hard to say - it probably means that something triggered further checks. As far as I know, a marriage conducted outside of the UK is one of those details, because marriages in the UK get a cursory check about whether the marriage is genuine, and this may not be happening abroad.

It is really a disgrace how much worse the service has gotten. They used to provide an EEA PF within days, as it should be. 4 months for a visa is outrageous by any standard.

Syed1828
Newly Registered
India

Post by Syed1828 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:45 pm

hello every one!

I have been following this forum since beginning I kind of know everyone here. I genuinely feel happy for people who get their visa it gives hope to me and every one like me who are still waiting.

After 2 refusals, I applied the 3rd time on 2nd of may 2017 from Bangalore, like almost everyone I got not straight forward email and since then I've been waiting checking my emails, called them and escalated THREE times, nothing is working. Its been over 140 working days so far.

Ok here is something I received which I think is new, after my third escalation on 25 oct I got this following email 3rd of Nov.

Has anybody else got similar email?

Dear Syed ...

Regarding Visa Application: GWF*******
For Syed .....

Thank you for your enquiry

The relevant team has been contacted in regards to your application enquiry. They will be in contact soon with an update.
Please email visasheffield*********** if ou have any further questions, ensuring the subject header contains Contact Centre enquiry: GWF**********

Kind Regards

UKVI Contact Centre Service – UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:53 pm

Hello,
I haven’t got such email, but I assume good news is about to come for you.

Keep on hoping

the39
Newly Registered
China

Post by the39 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi I applied in June so it has been nearly 6 months. I made an inquiry to change my address the other day. Yesterday I got an email from UKVI as shown below:

Thank you for the information you have provided.
With regards to your enquiry about the return of your documents, please accept our apologies concerned any delays during this process.
We have re-escalated your case to the relevant department on 19/11/2017. We will E-mail you as soon as we have an update.

Is it a standard a reply to inquiry about a delayed application? Is there any indication?

Tony_P
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Tony_P » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:16 pm

fernsvic
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by fernsvic » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Hello everyone,

Looks like many of us are in the same boat. My wife applied for an EEA FP in June and we're still waiting for a decision. Below is our timeline.

Date of Application - 27/06/2017.
Date biometrics were done- 27/06/2017.
Date application received in Sheffield - 07/07/2017.
Date not so straighforward email received - 12/07/2017.
1st escalation - 02/10/2017.
Date not so straighforward email received through contact centre - 19/10/2017.
2nd escalation - 08/11/2017.

In between, God knows how many we've called and emailed them. In addition, we have even reached out to the appropriate MP and Solvit.

No response yet. :-(

Counting today, it's 105 working days.

Mughlii
Spain

Post by Mughlii » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:04 am

Hi,i am also a victim of this stress i applied from spain ( madrid) on end of august after few days they send an email saying that ur thing is not straight forward bla bla still waiting ,, i have a question from all of u do u know visa on arrival ? i spoke to my solicitor in uk he just told me get rid of this waiting withdrawl ur case and jumpin straigh way what do u say? Any body know abt that

Scott_Ind
Newly Registered

Post by Scott_Ind » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:39 am

Finally got the visa ...applied on 02/05/2017 from Mumbai ...145 working days ...hang in there guys ..you will all get it.

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:32 am

Scott_Ind wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:39 am
Finally got the visa ...applied on 02/05/2017 from Mumbai ...145 working days ...hang in there guys ..you will all get it.
Hi scott... congrats.. :)
Did u involve MP in ur case? I applied on
mar 30th.. still din get visa.. am very much depressed... may i knw wht procedure u involvd to get ur visa processed...

Scott_Ind
Newly Registered

Post by Scott_Ind » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:04 am

Solvit , MP and kept escalating the case. Don’t know what worked

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:22 am

Scott_Ind wrote:
Good news my congrats!!

Mughlii
Spain

Post by Mughlii » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 am

hi merzit i applied from the madrid as well at the end of august still no news . but i want t let u know tht u can fly with ur eea fm without having this permit they will isue u on airport

Tony_P
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Tony_P » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Scott_Ind wrote:
Congrats on the great news Scott.
-Tony

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Mughlii wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 am
hi merzit i applied from the madrid as well at the end of august still no news . but i want t let u know tht u can fly with ur eea fm without having this permit they will isue u on airport
Hello Mughlii
For me is 126 working days still waiting and I didn’t received any email, nothing. Just waiting. I asked embassy, lawyers and police station if I can travel to England without the permit and they said No. You need the permit definitely.
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.