ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 House-owning proof

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sdobie
Newly Registered
Ireland

EU1 House-owning proof

Post by sdobie » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Hi!

I'm from the UK and my husband is from South Korea and we are currently applying for residency due to my studies through the EU1 form.

My parents helped to buy us a flat by remortgaging their home, but part of the proof we need to prove we own a house is a letter from a mortgage provider. Since we don't have a mortgage and neither do our parents (because they took money out on their own house) we cannot provide that.

The other option is to provide a 'letter from local authority or county council'. I called the local county council and they said they can't help us. Who should we call?

We're still waiting on the deeds for the house as well but we'd like to get it sorted as soon as possible. Any help would be hugely appreciated!!

Thanks

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EU1 House-owning proof

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:40 am

Hello,

The solution is very simple. You need to contact your solicitor who acted on your behalf while buying the house. They can issue you a letter confirming the FOLIO number. Your solicitor can also give you the print out from the local council that they have changed the ownership of the property on the local authority website.
So, you best shot is your solicitor and the folio should be completed by the local authority within 4 weeks or less.

Good luck

sdobie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: EU1 House-owning proof

Post by sdobie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:44 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:40 am
Hello,

The solution is very simple. You need to contact your solicitor who acted on your behalf while buying the house. They can issue you a letter confirming the FOLIO number. Your solicitor can also give you the print out from the local council that they have changed the ownership of the property on the local authority website.
So, you best shot is your solicitor and the folio should be completed by the local authority within 4 weeks or less.

Good luck
Thanks so much for your help! We'll try it and get back to you.

Thanks again!!