ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FAMILY VISA COMPLICATIONS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zulf27
Newly Registered
Ghana

FAMILY VISA COMPLICATIONS

Post by Zulf27 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:18 am

Hello guys,
I need advice.

My unmarried partner visa have been refused but given right of appeal within 14 days.

Am a Ghana citizen and my partner is British. It was refused as we haven’t pass the 24 months living together. We’ve only been together for 13 month.

We have a 2 month old son that is a British registered.

The visa was applied before my previous visa expired but HO has detained my passport.

I need advice on how to go about it. Do we appeal on grounds we have a child or appeal to get leave for parent of a British child.

Thanks

smarter1

Re: FAMILY VISA COMPLICATIONS

Post by smarter1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:55 am

Personally, I don't understand how you can appeal, taking into the account you did not fulfil the requirement of the visa category you applied.

Zulf27
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Zulf27 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Am asking if there are exemptions. Or if I should apply for a different category as I do not want to be in the UK unlawfully.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:09 pm

As you don't qualify as an unmarried partner, you will have to apply under a different category. When did you receive the notice of refusal?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zulf27
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Zulf27 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Last week