ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit current processing time?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BritGirl1
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit current processing time?

Post by BritGirl1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi all, does anyone know if there are any delays with UK vEEA Family Permit application processing at present?
I checked on the UK Gov website but their data is still showing from November 2016...
My understanding is that it should generally be 2-3 weeks for a decision but I can't find any recent info. We will be applying in Düsseldorf.

Thanks for any help!

kamoe

Re: EEA Family Permit current processing time?

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:58 pm

I would be very surprised if they even have this information at all.

As Family Permits are issued overseas (not in the UK) then these timelines depend exclusively on the local visa application processing center in each country, and will vary tremendously from country to country; so pointless to try and find one average.

I applied last year in Colombia and it was done in two days.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

BritGirl1
Newly Registered

Post by BritGirl1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:45 am

Really? I thought the applications are sent to the UK for assessment then sent back to the country of origin.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:34 am

OK, I obviously can't tell with 100% certainty what happens behind the counter, who ultimately makes the decision to issue the FP, if there is any interaction or transfer of files and information with the HO here, or if it's done entirely by a consular officer in the local consulate.

All I can say is I was issued a Family Permit in Colombia within two days. I think this is because there are not many people applying for Family Permits in Colombia (most people there apply for student visas), and because FP have priority, my application was then first in line. This supports my theory that it's a local process.

Then again, it might not be like this everywhere. The best thing you can do is check the dates with your local application center or consulate.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ezgisa
Newly Registered

Post by ezgisa » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:00 am

BritGirl1 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:45 am
Really? I thought the applications are sent to the UK for assessment then sent back to the country of origin.
Hello BritGirl1, So in the end how long did it take you to receive your EEA Family permit? I just applied this week from Munich local office and I'm curious when I should expect to have it.. Thank you for your help!!

BritGirl1
Newly Registered

Post by BritGirl1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi Ezgiza, sorry I just saw this.
It took 15 working days.

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:05 pm

ezgisa wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:00 am
BritGirl1 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:45 am
Hello BritGirl1, So in the end how long did it take you to receive your EEA Family permit? I just applied this week from Munich local office and I'm curious when I should expect to have it.. Thank you for your help!!
There are currently many delays on EEA FP applications. I applied from Dusseldorf in June and it took over 7 weeks. I know someone who also applied from Dusseldorf and he is still waiting after more than 3 months. I'd love to say the published processing times for Germany (15 working days) are correct but I don't believe they are. Good luck!

Arek
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by Arek » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:46 pm

My wife applied 07 August from Manila
by the end of third week she received email stating 'the processing of your application has not been straightforward'
9 weeks later we still have no decision :(

Rajput345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rajput345 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:56 am

last year my family got eea family permits and now live in uk.i applied later and refused in 2016sep.after that i appealed against refusal and after 1 year judge said they refused with wrong regulation so they give us letter in which mention Eco got the wrong law and judge advised us submit fresh case.now i submitted with judge letter and
Money tranfer slip 2008 to 2017
Family pictures back to childhood with family
Family certificate
DNA with father
birth certificate
Father 6 month pay slip and bank statement
House agrement and counsal tax slip
My study record i am studying
Call record facebook viber whatsaap imo 5 year
Sponsor from mother and father
Brother mother resedence card copy
Father eea national passport copy
Father job contract letter

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:42 pm

Rajput345 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:56 am
last year my family got eea family permits and now live in uk.i applied later and refused in 2016sep.after that i appealed against refusal and after 1 year judge said they refused with wrong regulation so they give us letter in which mention Eco got the wrong law and judge advised us submit fresh case.now i submitted with judge letter and
Family certificate
DNA with father
birth certificate
When a refusal is challenged via UK Tribunal, my understanding is the Judge has to order Home Office to reconsider their decision in the event of a successful appeal and NOT you having to reapply with a 'letter' from the Judge...

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:33 pm

Colombia is the processing centre for all South America, it used to be at Río de Janeiro.

We got our Family Permit applied at Lima, it was sent to Colombia, and we got it in 14 working days, we applied on the 18th October and the permit was decided on the 7th November.
So it all depends where the Family Permit is applied for.
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

Rajput345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rajput345 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:07 am

BIG Dobby wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:42 pm
Rajput345 wrote:
Family certificate
DNA with father
birth certificate
When a refusal is challenged via UK Tribunal, my understanding is the Judge has to order Home Office to reconsider their decision in the event of a successful appeal and NOT you having to reapply with a 'letter' from the Judge...
Big Dobby
Judge said i am not able to hear this case because Eco got the wrong law regulation 7 on eea fp son he said regulation 7 cant have right of appeal against refusal but in refusal letter Eco mention you have right of appeal so judge said Eco michefly got the wrong law he did this and disturb your family judge used very hard word in his letter against Eco.at the end judge wrote appeal is not heard with regulation 7.(now quetion is i had to wait over 15 months just because of Eco mistake)latest i applied oct 5 with judge letter as judge adviced us 28 working days but still not hear from them.17 month passed with this tensn :oops: :?: :roll: :( :cry:

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:38 am

Rajput345 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:07 am
BIG Dobby wrote:
Rajput345 wrote:
Family certificate
DNA with father
birth certificate
Big Dobby
Judge said i am not able to hear this case because Eco got the wrong law regulation 7 on eea fp son he said regulation 7 cant have right of appeal against refusal but in refusal letter Eco mention you have right of appeal so judge said Eco michefly got the wrong law he did this and disturb your family judge used very hard word in his letter against Eco.at the end judge wrote appeal is not heard with regulation 7.(now quetion is i had to wait over 15 months just because of Eco mistake)latest i applied oct 5 with judge letter as judge adviced us 28 working days but still not hear from them.17 month passed with this tensn :oops: :?: :roll: :( :cry:
My understanding is that Regulation 7 has the right of appeal and Regulation 8 does not. Pls get your facts right

flaco
Newly Registered

Post by flaco » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Arek wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:46 pm
My wife applied 07 August from Manila
by the end of third week she received email stating 'the processing of your application has not been straightforward'
9 weeks later we still have no decision :(
Hello Arek
Are you still waiting?
Did you contact anyone?

Rajput345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rajput345 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:32 pm

BIG Dobby wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:38 am
Rajput345 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:07 am
BIG Dobby wrote:
Rajput345 wrote:
Family certificate
DNA with father
birth certificate
Big Dobby
My understanding is that Regulation 7 has the right of appeal and Regulation 8 does not. Pls get your facts right
Sorry i mean regulation 8.Eco got regulation 8 with appeal right.