ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a sponsor?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cashycash
Newly Registered

Do I need a sponsor?

Post by cashycash » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi everyone, I'm an EU/EEA national currently applying for Permanent Residence as I've lived in the UK for more than five years now. I'm also a holder of a BN(O) passport as I was born in Hong Kong pre-1997 and was planning to register to become a British citizen. Unfortunately, I don't have any evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions (I know my EU passport won't be enough as the sole proof, so I decided to apply for PR first. So my question is...

If I am applying in my own right, do I need a sponsor and therefore need to fill in the person's details in Section 2?

Thanks very much!

Adikayani

Re: Do I need a sponsor?

Post by Adikayani » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:52 am

Hey iff u are eea National and u just apply your self only pr you don’t need to fill section 2 sponsor.6/11/2017 my wife get pr only within 2month and 6 days ok

cashycash
Newly Registered

Re: Do I need a sponsor?

Post by cashycash » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:33 pm

Adikayani wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:52 am
Hey iff u are eea National and u just apply your self only pr you don’t need to fill section 2 sponsor.6/11/2017 my wife get pr only within 2month and 6 days ok
Hi Adikayani, you're a star! Thank you very much!