ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mughlii
Spain

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Mughlii » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 pm

ok then what is this check it outhttps://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/407339/r ... sthrough=1

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:31 pm

155 days
110 working days
Called several times
Write to mp still Waiting answer as he promise if he willing get anything will replay my mail
Eea solvia thy said thy can’t help connect with lwyer

We have to wait only ?

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:19 pm

Mughlii wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 pm
ok then what is this check it outhttps://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/407339/r ... sthrough=1
Yes, I know. Everyone said is allowed but no way. If you enter in england without permit after is more hard for you get all documents english and more hard work, much better wait for your visa and go to England safely :D
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:02 am

Mughlii wrote:
The only way you will get a stamp on your passport is travelling by coach from Spain to the UK, at the airport, they won't let you board a plane without family permit or a visa.
We tried that from La Coruña to Heathrow, and they refused my wife to board the plane, our only option was a coach to Paris, and Paris to Dover, a few minutes at the border, and an EEA stamp for 6 months was stamped on her passport.
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:16 am

danny27 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:24 am
Simran just to know.

Regarding your FP. You recieved a email or a SMS from VFS to pick up the passport or was it from Home office ??
Hi Danny!
I apologize for the late reply. I have been settling in all this time.
I received an email from them stating that the decision has been made and the passport is ready for collection. I was not told what the decision is until It was handed to me at the VFS office.

Hope you receive yours soon!

All the best
Simran

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:17 am

njoseph wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:19 am
kurasinski_simran wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:26 am
Hello All,

I received finally my EEA FP yesterday!
Good luck to those who are waiting!
Simran :D
Many congratulations.. my father applied on 9th May as well and still waiting. Hope we hear the news soon as well. best of luck
Hey Joseph thank you very much and I really hope your father receives the visa soon!

All the best
Simran

kurasinski_simran
Newly Registered
India

Post by kurasinski_simran » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:32 am

jacobj0912 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:12 pm
Hi Simran,

Congratulations and all the best.
I am preparing for my application, could you please let me know the documents checklist?
Also how to submit digital pictures and chat conversations?

Thanks much in advance.
kurasinski_simran wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:26 am
Hello All,

I received finally my EEA FP yesterday! I hope and pray that all of you waiting get to see your families very soon! It has been a little over 7 months for me.
I applied on - 09.05.2017 and received it on 15.11.2017
It has been a long wait and a tough one but I wanted to thank everyone for their support! It has been such a relief to see others receive their visas and that is what kept me hoping!

Just to let you know - I escalated my case twice..I received a decision 5 days after applying for the second escalation. I am not sure weather this helped but I did contact my MP who didn't respond to any email. So I would suggest, if anyone has waited for a period of 6 months and over, its worth escalating. (I say this from my experience)

If there is anyone who can guide me regarding the application for a residence card, it would be very helpful! I have a 6 months visa after which I would like to stay back with my husband in the UK. I cannot travel in and out of the country once this visa expires. What if I have not received my RC by then? Can I still live in the UK without a formal document?

Any help will be appreciated.

Good luck to those who are waiting!
Simran :D
Hi Jacob thank you. I am sorry for the late response.

The document checklist is listed on the EEA Family Permit page of the UK Gov website.

Here is a link - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-vaf5

Hope it helps. I followed this checklist blindly and if possible get it checked by a legal adviser once before your application. They may charge you a small sum but its really worth it because the UK home office will keep your application for a period of 6-7 months and the last thing you want is to get rejected after waiting so long because of the lack of paper work

Good luck :)

Best
Simran

fernsvic
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by fernsvic » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:15 am

Scott_Ind wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:39 am
Finally got the visa ...applied on 02/05/2017 from Mumbai ...145 working days ...hang in there guys ..you will all get it.
Congratulations Scott_Ind!!!

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:52 am

No probs Simran. Many thanks for the update

alexns93
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by alexns93 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi everyone,

An hour ago, I received email from TLScontact that decision has been made and that they will let me know when I can collect my passport.

Till now I always got emails from SHEFFIELD. Should I be nervous or? Is there someone who got a visa, and only contacted by TLScontact?

Regards

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:31 pm

alexns93 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 pm
Hi everyone,

An hour ago, I received email from TLScontact that decision has been made and that they will let me know when I can collect my passport.

Till now I always got emails from SHEFFIELD. Should I be nervous or? Is there someone who got a visa, and only contacted by TLScontact?

Regards
I hope you will get good news

When did you apply!! If you can pleas late us know

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:35 pm

alexns93 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Regards
Hi,
Congratulations! You shouldn't be worried because of receiving this email from TLS. That means Sheffield has considered your application. I think maximum on Monday you should get your passport back! Let us know the decision once you get your passport. Crossed fingers for you!
Did you get involved MP and Solvit? And how many times have you done escalations?
Regards

RedCorner
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by RedCorner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:56 pm

We submitted August 02th and we are still waiting. Istanbul TLS

Mughlii
Spain

Post by Mughlii » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:09 pm

wegiwegi thanks mate i am aware of this aswell actually the thing is i wasnt aware of it that they are taking ages in these days coz i saw last case few months ago of my frnd he got with in days so i didnt bother to check whats goin on now but when i submit my app then i realize i did a mistake i should go through the way suggest to merzit, the thing is i was in uk 3 yrs ago i had the immigration isues so i was bit suspicious abt to go without permit so thants why i appied for it coz i am expecting that they will never let me back again well have a look what gona hppen. the prb is fuckin i havnt got my passport so i am stuck in which piss me of u got me well can't do anything just trying to help other well those who r thinking to apply they should try before apply coz i know home office verry well they are doing it just to give u stress they r putting pressure on people to take thier case back by delaying nothing else and it is a best way for them to earn loads of money evry day people ring them and emailed them wich is paid and useless to be honest u cant do anything instead of waiting
thanks

alexns93
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by alexns93 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Rheeb1 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:31 pm
alexns93 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Regards

I applied on 8th of June from Belgrade. Tomorrow will be 120th working day.

alexns93
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by alexns93 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:05 pm

yanaveron wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:35 pm
alexns93 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Regards
Hi,
Congratulations! You shouldn't be worried because of receiving this email from TLS. That means Sheffield has considered your application. I think maximum on Monday you should get your passport back! Let us know the decision once you get your passport. Crossed fingers for you!
Did you get involved MP and Solvit? And how many times have you done escalations?
Regards
Thanks for your support and wishes. Solvit and MP were involved, but only from MP we didn't hear anything because we wrote him few days ago. My case was escalated 4 times, last escalation by a team manager. Hopefully I will be lucky about visa.

Regards

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:36 pm

alexns93 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm
Rheeb1 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:31 pm
alexns93 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Regards

I applied on 8th of June from Belgrade. Tomorrow will be 120th working day.

Reall Thats good thand you for your update .. we are closed I applied on 20.06.2017 .. today is the 111 working days from my application
But i am really confused I never any update or messages or mail from them even i called them every 2 weeks !! What do you think Alexis
I connect the slovia and thycnot help mp he ssid he send the home office Request to see why its take longe ! That is befor 1 week and we still waiting his answer!!
What do you think alexns

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:36 am

Hi Guys,

Many thanks to you all for your support.

I received the FP & picked up my PP today.
I had applied on 13th April. Can’t imagine the stress levels.

All the best to you all. Its just round the corner. Am sure you will all receive it sooo.

Good bless!

citizzzen
Newly Registered

Post by citizzzen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:52 am

Hello all!

I was hoping someone could please suggest if we are doing a right thing with our EEA FP.

My application has been recently refused by Sheffield Office due to my EEA sponsor doesn't meet the Primary Earnings Threshold(PET) and therefore wasn't a 'qualified person'. As an evidence of her income we have attached her contract with the employer issued on 2016 with the salary slightly below the PET(working part time due to having a 2yo child). However, in 2017 she had a pay rise and she is now earning more than PET.

If I re-apply attaching her 4 most recent monthly payslips would that meet the EEA FP requirments? I know they say:
"the EEA national is residing in the UK in accordance with the EEA Regulations (as qualified person (exercising treaty rights) if more than 3 months) and the non-EEA national is joining them; "

But wanted to get someone thoughts and perhaps someone had similar experience?

Many thanks in advance for your help and good luck to those who are waiting for a decision. This is so stressful

calija777
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by calija777 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:24 am

wegiwegi wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:02 am
Mughlii wrote:
The only way you will get a stamp on your passport is travelling by coach from Spain to the UK, at the airport, they won't let you board a plane without family permit or a visa.
We tried that from La Coruña to Heathrow, and they refused my wife to board the plane, our only option was a coach to Paris, and Paris to Dover, a few minutes at the border, and an EEA stamp for 6 months was stamped on her passport.
Hi wegiwegi,

Have you tried it with you wife without a residence card of another EEA member state? Any success getting to the UK?

Maybe I will try to bring my wife the same way (non-EU, no any residence cards or visas).

Thank you.

Oliver12
Newly Registered
India

Post by Oliver12 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:34 am

wegiwegi wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:02 am
Mughlii wrote:
Hi Wegiwegi,

This makes a lot of sense to me, could you please inform me if I decide to travel with my spouse whos an EEA national and currently we both are living in India, do I have to apply for a tourist Visa instead of waiting for the Family Permit and then travel to which country and board the train and enter UK with the EEA Dependent Stamp on the passport.
I believe this information will be really useful for people reading this forum before applying and also for the people whos Visa is refused by the Immigration department.

Regards,
Oliver

Tony_P
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Tony_P » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:53 am

danny27 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:36 am
Hi Guys,

Many thanks to you all for your support.

I received the FP & picked up my PP today.
I had applied on 13th April. Can’t imagine the stress levels.

All the best to you all. Its just round the corner. Am sure you will all receive it sooo.

Good bless!
Congrats Danny..All the best!

-Tony

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:57 am

Thanks Tony. U will have it soon as well

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 am

danny27 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:57 am
Thanks Tony. U will have it soon as well
Hello danny
Where did u applied and how many days....
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.

Tony_P
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Tony_P » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:48 am

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading some other posts and wanted to know if the emails give a clue on the visa being accepted or refused. Can our users kindly share their experience?

VISA GRANTED:

Subject: Your Visa Application at the British Embassy in Delhi

Your Reference: XXX/YYY

Date

Dear XXX

Thank you for your UK visa application. A decision has now been made on your application and has been dispatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for VFS to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

*** IMPORTANT: If your application for a visa is granted then it is your responsibility to check the validity of the visa issued to ensure that it covers the period of stay requested, the number or entries required, and that it is valid for the purpose of the trip.***

To report an immigration (visa) or customs crime you can submit information anonymously or you can give us your name and address if you wish. We will treat any information you give us as confidential. Answer the questions as fully as you can but do not put yourself at risk by trying to find out more information.

You can do this by going to: xxx/report-immigration-crime

Yours sincerely,
UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region

PLEASE NOTE: This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. If you need to reply telephone the office dealing with your application, quoting your reference number ## VAF No. ##.

***********************************************************************************
Visit http:xxxfor British foreign policy news and travel advice and http:xxxx to read our blogs.

....................................................................................

VISA REFUSED:

This was from Mihai in his earlier posts..

Dear ****,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF0xxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 11/2/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

-Tony