ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

press1977
Sri Lanka

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by press1977 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:23 am

ak80 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:37 am
press1977 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:07 am
ak80 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:58 am
Mid November
And still no decision. 🤷‍♀️

Hi
Have you heard anything from HO? Did you check the status of the application recently? I though we will hear good news this week. Hope for the best. Good luck.
Hi friend.
No I didn't get any sound. We called them in 9th nov for status check. It's still awaiting decision.
They have told me my application is in the final processing stages on 31 oct.
So I don't know what they meant by final and why it's taking so long if it's in Final stages.

I didn't see any srilanka no getting a decision in this forum so far.

😕
Hi
Yes its really hard and stressful for this waiting. I really don't know why they taking such a long time to give the decisions. I'm going to call next Monday to check my application status. Cuz its gonna be 100 business days for my application in next week. I also didn't see any Sri Lankan getting visa in this forum. Hopefully we all get visa soon. Lets have a good hope for that. Good luck.

Umaro
Newly Registered

Post by Umaro » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:33 pm

FINAL UPDATE

By the Grace of ALLAH Visa Granted.

Application Category: Spouse non Priority
Application Submitted Online: 09/05/2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Islamabad
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date) 17/05/17
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On :

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 19/05/17
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : 16/06/17

Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): ‪14/8/17. 17‬ minute call few security questions then asked abt hours worked days n time n pay n duties. Monthly pay yearly salary. Abt the the company logo, the color of building, color of building door other shops around. Names of other staff. How I applied for job why I applied for job. A very abrupt call not comfortable at all. Only asked about second job nothing about main job.

Employer also contacted same day 10 min call duties names of staff salary times n days of work. Company turnover.

Emailed UKVI 04/07/17 awaiting approval.
Emailed UKVI 10/07/17 awaiting a decision.
Emailed UKVI 26/07/17 application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
Emailed UKVI 10/8/17 Your case has been escalated to the relevant department. This means that all actions from our side have been completed and your case has been forwarded.

Received 31st Oct email.

Received email on 2nd Nov: A decision was made on your application on 28/10/17.

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) :
Contacted For Collection :21/11/17
Collection Made : 22/11/17
Decision Of Application : Visa Granted.
Validity Of Visa: 21/11/17 - 21/12/17

Umaro
Newly Registered

Post by Umaro » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:36 pm

Salahmed20177 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:27 pm
Umaro wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:02 pm
Application Category: Spouse non Priority
Application Submitted Online: 09/05/2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Islamabad
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date) 17/05/17
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On :

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 19/05/17
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : 16/06/17

Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): 14/8/17 17 minute call few security questions then asked abt hours worked days n time n pay n duties. Monthly pay yearly salary. Abt the the company logo the color of building color of building door other shops around. Names of other staff. How I applied for job why I applied for job. A very abrupt call not comfortable at all.

Employer also contacted same day 10 min call duties names of staff salary times n days of work.

Emailed UKVI 04/07/17 awaiting approval.
Emailed UKVI 10/07/17 awaiting a decision.
Emailed UKVI 26/07/17 application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
Emailed UKVI 10/8/17 Your case has been escalated to the relevant department. This means that all actions from our side have been completed and your case has been forwarded.

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) :
Contacted For Collection :
Collection Made :
Decision Of Application :
Validity Of Visa:

Still waiting...
Hi did ur sponsors have one job or 2?
2 jobs but HO did not ask about the main job only about 2nd job.

pradis12
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by pradis12 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:15 am

press1977 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:23 am
ak80 wrote:
press1977 wrote:
ak80 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:58 am
Mid November
And still no decision. 🤷‍♀️

Hi
Have you heard anything from HO? Did you check the status of the application recently? I though we will hear good news this week. Hope for the best. Good luck.
Hi friend.
No I didn't get any sound. We called them in 9th nov for status check. It's still awaiting decision.
So I don't know what they meant by final and why it's taking so long if it's in Final stages.

😕
Hi
Yes its really hard and stressful for this waiting. I really don't know why they taking such a long time to give the decisions. I'm going to call next Monday to check my application status. Cuz its gonna be 100 business days for my application in next week. I also didn't see any Sri Lankan getting visa in this forum. Hopefully we all get visa soon. Lets have a good hope for that. Good luck.
FINAL UPDATE
got refusal letter today, i provided IELTS ACADEMIC with 5.5 (speaking 6.0 and listing 5.5) B2 its higher than A1, but they refused you do not meet the eligibility english language requirement.. i unable to even type keyboard.planning to do fresh application but i dont no how long it will take, i miss my spouse soo soo badly.. I wish all the members are will get visa soon..

abhachandel
Newly Registered

Post by abhachandel » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:21 am

Just got the message that my application is processed and received at VFS. Fingers crossed on the decision.
Biometric on 02-Jun-17

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:27 am

pradis12 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:15 am
press1977 wrote:
ak80 wrote:
press1977 wrote:

Hi
Hi friend.

😕
Hi
FINAL UPDATE
got refusal letter today, i provided IELTS ACADEMIC with 5.5 (speaking 6.0 and listing 5.5) B2 its higher than A1, but they refused you do not meet the eligibility english language requirement.. i unable to even type keyboard.planning to do fresh application but i dont no how long it will take, i miss my spouse soo soo badly.. I wish all the members are will get visa soon..
Hi
OMG its really sad to hear that after this much of long waiting. Be strong don't worry they always doing this kind of obvious reasons. What's the point giving refusal for that kind of matter. You got qualification more than they asked. They just finding silly things to refused applications. I think you have to do IELTS Life Skills exam before you submit new application. Make sure you book correct ielts exam. I can understand and imagine how you feeling. I think it's better when you apply with priority service when you do the application this time. Because priority applications looks like processing so fast these days. Your the first Sri Lankan applicant got the decision in this forum in recent months. Anyway be very strong and do your application. You will get your visa definitely soon. Wish you all the best. Good luck.

pradis12
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by pradis12 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:46 am

press1977 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:27 am
pradis12 wrote:
press1977 wrote:
ak80 wrote:

Hi friend.

😕
Hi
FINAL UPDATE
Hi
OMG its really sad to hear that after this much of long waiting. Be strong don't worry they always doing this kind of obvious reasons. What's the point giving refusal for that kind of matter. You got qualification more than they asked. They just finding silly things to refused applications. I think you have to do IELTS Life Skills exam before you submit new application. Make sure you book correct ielts exam. I can understand and imagine how you feeling. I think it's better when you apply with priority service when you do the application this time. Because priority applications looks like processing so fast these days. Your the first Sri Lankan applicant got the decision in this forum in recent months. Anyway be very strong and do your application. You will get your visa definitely soon. Wish you all the best. Good luck.
hi
my solicitor advised me do an appeal be-course if i do fresh application they will find an another mistake.. so that am currently preparing my IELTS A1 exam and submit my certificate before 28 days, but i have a doubt, coz sit my exam after i got refuse date,if they still accept or?? Srilankan application havnt priority service.

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 pm

pradis12 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:46 am
press1977 wrote:
pradis12 wrote:
press1977 wrote:

Hi
FINAL UPDATE
Hi
hi
my solicitor advised me do an appeal be-course if i do fresh application they will find an another mistake.. so that am currently preparing my IELTS A1 exam and submit my certificate before 28 days, but i have a doubt, coz sit my exam after i got refuse date,if they still accept or?? Srilankan application havnt priority service.
Hi
I'm not pretty sure about that ielts matter. I think if you have good possibility to appeal go ahead and do appeal. But my advice is its better if you ask 2 or 3 good solicitors and get best solution for you. Do not take any risk when you do appeal. So its better you consult few solicitors and get a good idea about your case. Cus i saw another person also got refuse same like your situation. So be careful about that. Practically its we can say i have more than what they required but they can argue same time you not fill their asking requirement. How long did they take for you to give a decision? I'm waiting since July 2017. Hope for the best. You can get it done this soon. Don't worry. Be strong and positive.

AISHA89
Newly Registered

Post by AISHA89 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:19 pm

Called ukvi for a status update today to find out a desicion has been made on the 21st of November even though i didnt recieve any email or text message.
Biometrics :22/6
No 31st Oct email or NSF email.
The operator said i should recieve my passport before 5/12
Inshallah it will have an approved visa on it.
Hope we all hear good news soon.

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:25 pm

press1977 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 pm
pradis12 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:46 am
press1977 wrote:
pradis12 wrote:

FINAL UPDATE
Hi
hi
Hi
I'm not pretty sure about that ielts matter. I think if you have good possibility to appeal go ahead and do appeal. But my advice is its better if you ask 2 or 3 good solicitors and get best solution for you. Do not take any risk when you do appeal. So its better you consult few solicitors and get a good idea about your case. Cus i saw another person also got refuse same like your situation. So be careful about that. Practically its we can say i have more than what they required but they can argue same time you not fill their asking requirement. How long did they take for you to give a decision? How did you get to know your decision has been made. Did you call or email HO to check your application status? Or VSF call or email you to collect your passport. I'm waiting since July 2017. Hope for the best. You can get it done this soon. Don't worry. Be strong and positive.

AISHA89
Newly Registered

Post by AISHA89 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm

my visa has been refused.
They said that the payslips were older than 28 days.
How can i appeal?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:55 pm

AISHA89 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm
How can i appeal?
Were they older than 28 days, the latest one specifically?

Have you been given appeal right?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AISHA89
Newly Registered

Post by AISHA89 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:55 pm
AISHA89 wrote:
How can i appeal?

Yes they were older and yes i do have the right to appeal.
Do i have to give the same information all over again and pay the same funds?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:11 pm

AISHA89 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:08 pm
CR001 wrote:
AISHA89 wrote:
How can i appeal?

Why did you submit visa app when the paperwork was older than the timeframe HO stipulates?

Appeal if you want but it can take a while. Usually quicker to reapply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AISHA89
Newly Registered

Post by AISHA89 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:11 pm
AISHA89 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
AISHA89 wrote:
How can i appeal?

Why did you submit visa app when the paperwork was older than the timeframe HO stipulates?

How long does appeal take?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:44 pm

AISHA89 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:37 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:11 pm
AISHA89 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

How long does appeal take?
It could take many months, sometimes a year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:27 pm

pradis12 wrote:
press1977 wrote:
ak80 wrote:
press1977 wrote:

Hi
Hi friend.

😕
Hi
FINAL UPDATE
I'm soo sorry to here this friend. I really don't understand why they take this soo serious.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm so confused.
I did IELTS general and got overall 6 score with B1

Seriously. This is so stressful

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:07 pm

ak80 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:43 pm
I'm so confused.

Hi
Don't worry they asked for B1 level. I think if you can prove that they can't do anything. Normally we have to do IELTS Life Skills test with B1 level. It's easier than all other ielts exams. If someone can score ielts General overall 6 with B1 it can't be a problem. I saw HO trying to use that point as a reason for refusal. Hope for the best and be positive. We all get visa soon. Good luck.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:10 pm

press1977 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:07 pm
ak80 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:43 pm
I'm so confused.

Hi
Don't worry they asked for B1 level. I think if you can prove that they can't do anything. Normally we have to do IELTS Life Skills test with B1 level. It's easier than all other ielts exams. If someone can score ielts General overall 6 with B1 it can't be a problem. I saw HO trying to use that point as a reason for refusal. Hope for the best and be positive. We all get visa soon. Good luck.
Yes I totally get you friend.
I think the same. Let's see what will get. I wish us all get the visa 🙏

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:39 pm

Hey guys
My husband got a phone call just right now from the HO and asked few questions about me and his work place.
And they have told that they will give a decision after verify the given details soon.
Omg fingers crossed 🤞🙀

Ibk_akinluyi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ibk_akinluyi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:56 pm

A little background about me. I am currently 37 weeks pregnant for my fiance, we met when I was in the uk doing my masters degree. I got back from the UK on march 29th 2017 after completing my degree then found out I was pregnant on April 5th 2017.
I applied for a fiancé visa online on May 21 2017
Did my biometrics on May 26 2017
Application recieved to UKVI on May 31 2017
Sent my documents on June 6th 2017
Application recieved email from Sheffield on June 22 2017
Not straightforward email on August 20 2017
Various emails to UKVI about application
My fiancé Emailed his MP on the application on August 21st.
Mp contacted UKVI but it wasn't fruitful because they gave him a generic reply
On September 25 got the oct 31st email
On oct 12 got another not straightforward email
On oct 30th got another email requesting from more time from the Ukvi
On oct 31st, I emailed UkVi about change of circumstance bacause my fiancé got a new job
On Nov 8, UKVi confirmed the mail and updated their records
On Nov 20th, I got decision made email from tls and also passport collect email
Today I collected my passport with a refusal letter stating only English requirement. I schooled in the Uk so I submitted a letter from school that stated my completed degree with transcript because as of the time of the application I had not done my graduation.
My baby is due on Dec 14, I haven't seen my fiancé for 8 months. I'm devastated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Ibk_akinluyi wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:56 pm
Today I collected my passport with a refusal letter stating only English requirement. I schooled in the Uk so I submitted a letter from school that stated my completed degree with transcript because as of the time of the application I had not done my graduation.
To use a UK degree to meet the English requirement, the actual degree certificate is required. If you did not have the certificate, you should have done the English A1 test.

The refusal is therefore correct as you failed to prove you meet the requirement.

Why did you leave the UK instead of marrying and switching before your Tier 4 expired?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ibk_akinluyi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ibk_akinluyi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Why did you leave the UK instead of marrying and switching before your Tier 4 expired?
CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:01 pm
Ibk_akinluyi wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:56 pm
To use a UK degree to meet the English requirement, the actual degree certificate is required. If you did not have the certificate, you should have done the English A1 test.

The refusal is therefore correct as you failed to prove you meet the requirement.

We were planning on moving to Canada that's why I left the Uk cos I didn't want to live in the Uk.
I submitted a letter from school like a reference with an ielts general training test I did previously. The letter was on my university's letter head which not only stated my name and degree awarded but my grades. It also addressed that my certificate will be ready for dispatch in 6 weeks.The ECO did not acknowledge the letter at all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Ibk_akinluyi wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:38 pm
We were planning on moving to Canada that's why I left the Uk cos I didn't want to live in the Uk.
I submitted a letter from school like a reference with an ielts general training test I did previously. The letter was on my university's letter head which not only stated my name and degree awarded but my grades. It also addressed that my certificate will be ready for dispatch in 6 weeks.The ECO did not acknowledge the letter at all
Because it was not your degree certificate. ECO wants to see the degree not a letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)