ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

danny27
India

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by danny27 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:50 am

Hi Merzit

Applied 13th April from North Mumbai.

Over 7 months :roll:

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:09 am

danny27 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:36 am
Hi Guys,

Many thanks to you all for your support.

I received the FP & picked up my PP today.
I had applied on 13th April. Can’t imagine the stress levels.

All the best to you all. Its just round the corner. Am sure you will all receive it sooo.

Good bless!

Congrats 🎉
Have good times with your family

Tony_P
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Tony_P » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:15 am

danny27 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:50 am
Hi Merzit

Applied 13th April from North Mumbai.

Over 7 months :roll:
Hi Danny,

Did you get the same acceptance email like above?

-Tony

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:26 am

Yes Tony. U can keep sending emails to uk immigration to check your status. I mean the call centre. I used to do it twice a week. Its free.

They infmd me that the decision has been made on 14th.
Today I got a email as per the above to collect the PP.

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 am

Tony_P
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Tony_P » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:33 am

danny27 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 am
ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com
Thanks Danny.

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:31 am

calija777 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:24 am

Hi wegiwegi,

Have you tried it with you wife without a residence card of another EEA member state? Any success getting to the UK?

Maybe I will try to bring my wife the same way (non-EU, no any residence cards or visas).

Thank you.
Yes, I said on my post, we try to fly, but the airline denied my wife to board the plane.
No Family Permit or other visa on her passport, so after leaving the airport, we went to the bus station and got two tickets to London via Paris, then we arrived to Calais, there, we had the border control, before boarding the ferry to Dover, we show Passports, marriage certificate, he asked were I lived, where I do work, he went back to the back office, 2 minutes later, he got back and stamped my wife's passport with a 1A stamp valid for six months.
That was September 2014, since then, 4 applications later, my wife got her RC and before that a Family Permit, because while waiting for the RC, we went abroad, and had to get a Family Permit in order to get back to the UK, but at the end both were granted nearly at the same time
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

the39
Newly Registered
China

Post by the39 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:45 pm

I was just told by a friend xxxxxxxxx that EU-related application increased by 750% so the Home Office were prioritising cases submitted by EU citizens (those who are applying for PR/registration card etc.). So this is why we non-EU applicants have been experiencing major delays. :cry:
Last edited by CR001 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Kindly refrain from stating where your friends work

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:58 pm

the39 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:45 pm
I was just told by a friend xxxxxxxxx that EU-related application increased by 750% so the Home Office were prioritising cases submitted by EU citizens (those who are applying for PR/registration card etc.). So this is why we non-EU applicants have been experiencing major delays. :cry:
This is general knowledge since the referendum last year as EU citizens are trying to protect their rights and apply for British citizenship before we leave the EU.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

citizzzen
Newly Registered

Post by citizzzen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Hello all!

I was hoping someone could please suggest if we are doing a right thing with our EEA FP.

My application has been recently refused by Sheffield Office due to my EEA sponsor doesn't meet the Primary Earnings Threshold(PET) and therefore wasn't a 'qualified person'. As an evidence of her income we have attached her contract with the employer issued on 2016 with the salary slightly below the PET(working part time due to having a 2yo child). However, in 2017 she had a pay rise and she is now earning more than PET.

If I re-apply attaching her 4 most recent monthly payslips would that meet the EEA FP requirments? I know they say:
"the EEA national is residing in the UK in accordance with the EEA Regulations (as qualified person (exercising treaty rights) if more than 3 months) and the non-EEA national is joining them; "

But wanted to get someone thoughts and perhaps someone had similar experience?

Many thanks in advance for your help and good luck to those who are waiting for a decision. This is so stressful

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:00 pm

To the best of my knowledge there is no income threshold as far as FP is concerned.
I really can’t say what has changed.

Suggest meet with a solicitor as it can be tricky even I u apply again. They may come up with some other issue.
Solicitor would cover all areas. Just my suggestion

citizzzen
Newly Registered

Post by citizzzen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:58 pm

danny27 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:00 pm
To the best of my knowledge there is no income threshold as far as FP is concerned.
I really can’t say what has changed.

Suggest meet with a solicitor as it can be tricky even I u apply again. They may come up with some other issue.
Solicitor would cover all areas. Just my suggestion
Thanks Danny, appreciate your reply. That's the thing as my EEA FP application has been refused due to low income of my sponsor. She is effectively a self-sufficient person as my income covers all our family's spending . But sadly my income can't be counted

We are going to speak with a lawyer, but thought I'll ask people here, perhaps someone had similar experience.

danny27
India

Post by danny27 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Yes. Lawyer is the best bet in this scenario.

All the best!

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:08 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry to ask.
I got this response today arte asking the status of my application and this is the reply I got.
Is that a good sign?

Thanks

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.

Please note that we aim to complete 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days) and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).

Regards,

D.T
UK Visas and Immigration

Ranjuraj2026
India

Post by Ranjuraj2026 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi guys.. i got this mail today...

Dear Customer

Thank you for your UK visa application.  A decision has now been made on your application  and has been dispatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for VFS to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

It is important you do not go to the VAC straight away as your passport may not be ready to collect for up to 48 hours. Please use the link below to check the exact collection times for your location.

Eagerly waiting to collect my passport and see what the decision is.... keeping my fingers crossed...

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Ranjuraj2026 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:10 pm
Hi guys.. i got this mail today...

Dear Customer

Thank you for your UK visa application.  A decision has now been made on your application  and has been dispatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for VFS to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

It is important you do not go to the VAC straight away as your passport may not be ready to collect for up to 48 hours. Please use the link below to check the exact collection times for your location.

Eagerly waiting to collect my passport and see what the decision is.... keeping my fingers crossed...
Great I wish its good news and you will get your visa

Late us know pleas when did you apply and from where !!

men2017
Newly Registered
India

Post by men2017 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Paschal wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:08 pm
Hello everyone,

Sorry to ask.
I got this response today arte asking the status of my application and this is the reply I got.
Is that a good sign?

Thanks

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.

Please note that we aim to complete 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days) and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).

Regards,

D.T
UK Visas and Immigration
Hi
I received the same email on the 9th Nov after a followup. no news since then.
Application Date 6th July 2017

Regards
Men2017

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:17 pm

I applied on the 28 July.

I got another email few weeks ago saying my application was not straightforward and they can’t give a time frame for when a decision will be made.

Paschal

men2017
Newly Registered
India

Post by men2017 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Hi ,

Yes i got the same email "your application has not been straightforward" on the 23rd July.
Reply from the followup email on the 9th Nov -" I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision."
Reply from the followup email on the 17th Nov - "we have escalated your case to relevant department"
Heard that it take 15 working days from the time "awaiting decision"
These are conclusions from past experiences nothing solid.
we all are waiting to hit the Bingo!!!

regards
Men2017

Syed1828
Newly Registered
India

Post by Syed1828 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:24 am

citizzzen wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:03 pm
Hello all!

I was hoping someone could please suggest if we are doing a right thing with our EEA FP.

My application has been recently refused by Sheffield Office due to my EEA sponsor doesn't meet the Primary Earnings Threshold(PET) and therefore wasn't a 'qualified person'. As an evidence of her income we have attached her contract with the employer issued on 2016 with the salary slightly below the PET(working part time due to having a 2yo child). However, in 2017 she had a pay rise and she is now earning more than PET.

If I re-apply attaching her 4 most recent monthly payslips would that meet the EEA FP requirments? I know they say:
"the EEA national is residing in the UK in accordance with the EEA Regulations (as qualified person (exercising treaty rights) if more than 3 months) and the non-EEA national is joining them; "

But wanted to get someone thoughts and perhaps someone had similar experience?

Many thanks in advance for your help and good luck to those who are waiting for a decision. This is so stressful
Hi

I was refused by same reason my wife was working in coffee shop where they pay her in cash and also gave pay slips.

So she had to change the job where they pay direct in bank and work more to reach PET.

We submitted two months pay slips

Syed1828
Newly Registered
India

Post by Syed1828 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:30 am

Hello everyone

Today I finally got my visa!!! I applied on 2nd of May and I got it today after about seven months.

I only did escalation that's three times didn't got in touch with MP or Solvit.

Thanks for all your support.

bs134
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bs134 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:17 am

wegiwegi wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:31 am
calija777 wrote:

Hi wegiwegi,

Have you tried it with you wife without a residence card of another EEA member state? Any success getting to the UK?

Maybe I will try to bring my wife the same way (non-EU, no any residence cards or visas).

Thank you.
Yes, I said on my post, we try to fly, but the airline denied my wife to board the plane.
No Family Permit or other visa on her passport, so after leaving the airport, we went to the bus station and got two tickets to London via Paris, then we arrived to Calais, there, we had the border control, before boarding the ferry to Dover, we show Passports, marriage certificate, he asked were I lived, where I do work, he went back to the back office, 2 minutes later, he got back and stamped my wife's passport with a 1A stamp valid for six months.
That was September 2014, since then, 4 applications later, my wife got her RC and before that a Family Permit, because while waiting for the RC, we went abroad, and had to get a Family Permit in order to get back to the UK, but at the end both were granted nearly at the same time
Dear Wegiwegi,

I (French - EEA National) actually planning to travel with my spouse (Non-EEA from Pakistan with French spouse visa on Pakistani Passport) from Paris to London UK (via Calais - Dover).

Please, I need some important information, I hope you could answer or clear my few frivolous doubts:

1. Which EEA nationality you have?
2. Your non-EEA spouse nationality ?(No Family Permit or other visa on her passport as you said in your last post! then how she enter Spain, Does she have RC of spain? or Article 10 residence card?)
3. At the border control: Did you show documents other than passports and marriage certificate? i.e. to proof that you're exercising treaty rights as being a qualified person in UK?
4. At border control: Did the officer came in the bus to check all the documents /or you disembark and walk to border control check point?
5. Do you expect to wait longer at border cotrol for my case, if I have passports (EEA and non-EEA), french marriage certificate, french family book, I'm living in UK for the past 10 years as qualified person, UK Accommodation Tenancy Agreement, I have EEA registration certificate issued in July 2016 and also my PhD graduation ceremony will be in January 2018.

Waiting for your response.

Many thanks for your support and time.

Kind regards,
Baber

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:17 am

bs134 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:17 am
wegiwegi wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:31 am
calija777 wrote:

Hi wegiwegi,

Thank you.
Dear Wegiwegi,

I (French - EEA National) actually planning to travel with my spouse (Non-EEA from Pakistan with French spouse visa on Pakistani Passport) from Paris to London UK (via Calais - Dover).

Please, I need some important information, I hope you could answer or clear my few frivolous doubts:

1. Which EEA nationality you have?Swiss
2. Your non-EEA spouse nationality ?(No Family Permit or other visa on her passport as you said in your last post! then how she enter Spain, Does she have RC of spain? or Article 10 residence card?)Peru, Schengen Visa only
3. At the border control: Did you show documents other than passports and marriage certificate? i.e. to proof that you're exercising treaty rights as being a qualified person in UK?Driving license, shows my UK address, My work ID
4. At border control: Did the officer came in the bus to check all the documents /or you disembark and walk to border control check point?we all disembarked
5. Do you expect to wait longer at border cotrol for my case, if I have passports (EEA and non-EEA), french marriage certificate, french family book, I'm living in UK for the past 10 years as qualified person, UK Accommodation Tenancy Agreement, I have EEA registration certificate issued in July 2016 and also my PhD graduation ceremony will be in January 2018.No reason should take longer than my case

Waiting for your response.

Many thanks for your support and time.

Kind regards,
Baber
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

Scott_Ind
Newly Registered

Post by Scott_Ind » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:19 am

Just an update, got an official letter from immigration minister today with reasons for delay.
We changed addresses in between and didn’t update UKVI about it. Although we wrote to Sheffield that doesn’t count it seems , you have to email them your address change with application reference. Also a tip we got the visa very next day a gentleman from our local council visited us disguised as an electrol officer. All the best!

Tony_P
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Tony_P » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:28 am

Scott_Ind wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:19 am
Just an update, got an official letter from immigration minister today with reasons for delay.
We changed addresses in between and didn’t update UKVI about it. Although we wrote to Sheffield that doesn’t count it seems , you have to email them your address change with application reference. Also a tip we got the visa very next day a gentleman from our local council visited us disguised as an electrol officer. All the best!
Hi Scott,

Interesting. So how did this gentleman know your new address? I bet they must have got that info from Sheffield right? They could have easily called your cell number to verify the address change IMO. Curious to know what all questions he asked you?

Also, are they compensating for the delay for missed deadline? :D

-Tony