ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ccjs and separated can i apply for settlement?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Isakila
Newly Registered

Ccjs and separated can i apply for settlement?

Post by Isakila » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:23 am

Hello i came to Uk 2005 as a student.I have been a legal residency all this time and worked too.Got married 2010 to a British Man and have a daughter she is British.My application changed to descritionary leave to remain had my 3year and they topped up 2013 to Jan 2018 that makes 6yrs of descitionary leave and 12 years of legal resident.
Problem is i separated with my husband not divorced yet 4months ago.I the one who live with my British Child and my husband come on Sundays to see her and he provide 50pounds every week for maintanance this is agreed btn us no law was involved.
I receive tax credits and child tax credit as form of benefit but on mu decritionary leave i was allowed public funds and work.
My problem is am confused what application to do next i know that i can apply as a longer residency route or after 6yrs of decritionary leave to remain.But my descritionary was based on my family and now am separated.And as for longer recidency me and my husband had hard fimancial times i think 2013 to 2015 and we found our selves in serious debts.I paid and arranged pay plan for most but i have 1CCJ on my record that will not end till 2022.
I need advice to wether i stand a chance ro be granted a settlement visa or i should just apply for another extension as a parent of a British child?Bare in mind any application that am applying i must go in person as i cant afford to stay out of work as i have to provide for my daughter and rent to pay.Thank you very much

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Ccjs and separated can i apply for settlement?

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:30 am

Usually ILR granted after 6 years spent under discretionary leave.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Dan090904
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dan090904 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:33 pm

hi
wait till the 28 days of your second DL to expire and then apply ILR that much better. don't send application unless 28 days remain before it expires that is the qualifying period. good luck
I am sending my application for 6 years dl tomorrow but I need know about paying the fee from my Barclays visa debit. please if anyone has paid the fee through visa debit inform me

Isakila
Newly Registered

Post by Isakila » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Plz i dont inderstand by qualifying period.Am booking end of the month or 1st of January which means i will only have 13days am going in person.Will that be a problem?

Also can anyone advice me if is a good idea to apply ILR via 6yrs route while am separated with my husband as it was given due to family tied ie my daughter and husband been British.Or can i just go as a longer citizen as i have been in Uk legally for 12yrs
And what about the 1CCj record that i have and few defaulties?

Isakila
Newly Registered

Post by Isakila » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Sorry i mean my Dl leave ends on 13/1/2018.Am booking to go for 13th does it mean i will be within my qualifying period?