ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Turkish Worker Visa - 10 Years Long Residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pandomim_quake
Newly Registered
Mood:

ILR Turkish Worker Visa - 10 Years Long Residency

Post by pandomim_quake » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi all,
I am due to make an ILR application in March 2018 through SET(LR) Long term Residency form and I have two quick questions regarding my application.
First of all, let me write down the details of my immigration history;
- I arrived UK on 20'th of April 2008 as a student after granted with a 7 month length Student Visa with 20 hours part time work permit(Residence Permit for Students).
- As soon as I started the Language Course I found myself a part time job in a Media Company.
- I applied for an extension of Student visa by November 2008, but got rejected due to some financial difficulties I had. Luckily I appealed this decision, won at the court and got granted with a Student Visa Extension by August 2009.
- In September 2009, I applied Turkish Workers Visa - ECAA1- Turkish Employed and was granted with a 1 year long Turkish Worker Visa. Media Company - Same Employer
- After my visa was granted, I started to work full time in the same company.
- In September 2010, I applied for an extension of stay as a Turkish Worker and was granted with a 1 year long Turkish Workers Visa. Same Employer
- In August 2011, I applied for an extension of stay as a Turkish Worker and was granted with a 1 year long Turkish Workers Visa. Same Employer
- In June 2012, I applied for an extension of stay as a Turkish Worker and was granted with a 3 years long Turkish Workers Visa. Same Employer
In June 2015, I applied for an extension of stay as a Turkish Worker and was granted with a 3 years long Turkish Workers Visa. Different Employer

My current visa will expire by July 2018, however I will also full-fill10 Years period of stay in the UK by March 2018.

So I was wondering;

1. Has anyone on Turkish Workers Visa applied ILR - Long term residency before? And have been granted with ILR?
2. If I apply ILR in March 2018, will my stay in the UK as a student back in 2008 be counted as part of the 10 years period? Or will Home Office consider the date I was granted Turkish Worker Visa as the beginning of long term residency period of 10 years?

I will appreciate your kind advices and responses.

A million thanks in advance

Quake
Last edited by pandomim_quake on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Turkish Worker Visa - 10 Years Long Residency

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:20 pm

I am due to make an ILR application in March 2018 through SET(O) Long term Residency form
See(O) is the WRONG form for ILR based on long residence. You need to look at form Set(LR).

1. All visas count towards ILR based on long residence.

2. See #1 above.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pandomim_quake
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: ILR Turkish Worker Visa - 10 Years Long Residency

Post by pandomim_quake » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks for the quick response CR001, I have revised my entry and corrected the Form Type info to Set(LR).

Quake