ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:52 pm

softy monster wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:48 am
Finally...
I've just received my invitation letter which was decided on 14th Nov, the funny think i had to call my local council (Islington in North London) few times to check if they have anything from HO, and when i got the HO invitation letter,i noticed that it's my local council it was the one i used in the first place when i applied through NCS in Camden (also in north London) even i when i have mentioned about my ceremony in my application to be arranged in my Local council...
what a journey!! Long, stressful, but it was bloody worthy..i have to say a BIG thank you to everyone, especially to the senior members/moderators one of them is noajthan which i haven't seen any of his post lately (for the last 3 months) if moderators could pass the message through to him, that will be great! Also a BIG Thank you to our South African Lady (CR001)
and as well as the rest of the moderators! you really deserve huge respect! I really don't know what to say more than that! Basically thank you to everyone from Senior to the newest members!

God bless you all,
Softy M
Noajthan has not been online since the beginning of the year due to personal circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:39 pm

swintooh wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:11 pm
mrgs1 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:06 pm
softy monster wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:19 am
mrgs1 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:56 am
You can't draw conclusions by a few experiences, some councils must receive daily, can't just be mine. Why did you not pick the NCS of your council/area? Just makes things more complicated. There's only one NCS for my county and seemed logical to do it there.
Money and time-wise, as well as nearest to work place, also the application form itself gives the options/choice to choose the council
Sorry I was asking the Swintoch user. For us we don't have a the luxury of a choice, other councils are 30/50 miles away, were a rural county.
Same answer as softly monster really. I have about 5 or 6 council/register offices to choose from within 30mins drive - I guess it's one of the very few perks of living in London suburbia...
My local council (Surrey) had a 6 weeks lead-up time to NCS/JCAP appointment, while another (Feltham) offered me one in the next 2 days. Feltham register office is 0.5 mile closer to my house. It was actually suggested by the nice lady at Surrey register office to try different councils to reduce waiting time. If I recall correctly, Feltham also was doing it cheaper than Surrey (NCS fee).
NCS appointments are only a couple of days a week and easy to book lots of spaces and ceremony once a month. Lots of registry offices but only one offers NCS.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:08 pm

Noajthan has not been online since the beginning of the year due to personal circumstances.
Well if you still in contact with him then pls pass the message through! I Also appreciate all your help too and BIG thank you!
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

Devil81
Mood:

Post by Devil81 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Devil81 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:54 am
Arshsam wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:00 pm
Devil81 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:45 am
HarryC wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:32 pm
So for me 10 working days are over. And still no post.
Its soo annoying that caseworkers arent logical headed person. Postman been and dropped all letters and it didnt had any letter from homeoffice. I called at 3:30 pm today and yet they said, call next day as your 10 working days arent over yet.
Now i have to call tomorrow.
They said it will be referred and escalated. God knows when will I receive my letter
Hi

What date did you see your approval (Decided) online?
I saw mine decided on 15th Nov but haven't received the letter yet.

As I didn't use to check the online tool regularly, I am not sure when was my case decided. It could have been before 15th. I used to check only once a week!!
Hi,

I'm on same boat still waiting for the letter, will ring them in morning and ask...

hopefully we will get very soon without any errors...

keep updating...
Called UKVI this morning...My case was decided on 14th Nov & I saw it on 15th. I have been asked to call after 10 days if letter does not arrive.
Approval/Invitation letter dated 15/11/2017 from HO received on 25/11/2017. 8 working days is not bad considering current timelines.

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:03 pm

Having applied at the beginning of October, I was not expecting an answer any time soon but a few people with my circumstances have already been approved. Hoping to get something soon but still showing up as 'Awaiting decision' online.

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:36 pm

Right wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:03 pm
Having applied at the beginning of October, I was not expecting an answer any time soon but a few people with my circumstances have already been approved. Hoping to get something soon but still showing up as 'Awaiting decision' online.
Pretty disappointing in my case if like you say, people applying in Oct are being decided before people like me who applied at the end of Aug. Just think there is no process as such and it's more like a lottery game (which of course I don't even play as I am pretty unlucky in general!). Still awaiting and it's 90 days now... :cry: my application should be pretty straightforward: EU citizen married to a BC, always in work for the whole duration of 24 years, no CCJs, no criminal records, no driving license endorsements or parking tickets even. What could be holding a decision beside my caseworker being probably swamped? Fingers crossed I will hear soon. Very frustrating...

baddy

Post by baddy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:45 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:36 pm
Right wrote:
Pretty disappointing in my case if like you say, people applying in Oct are being decided before people like me who applied at the end of Aug. Just think there is no process as such and it's more like a lottery game (which of course I don't even play as I am pretty unlucky in general!). Still awaiting and it's 90 days now... :cry: my application should be pretty straightforward: EU citizen married to a BC, always in work for the whole duration of 24 years, no CCJs, no criminal records, no driving license endorsements or parking tickets even. What could be holding a decision beside my caseworker being probably swamped? Fingers crossed I will hear soon. Very frustrating...
Your case is roughly 3 months ... I think you should just wait and be patient. Different cases with different country of origins with different immigration histories and different activities in the UK. All these will be deciding factors.

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:47 pm

Yeah, I myself am just being patient as I never expected an answer before the New Year. Compared to my DCPR (which took 4 months) where I had 0 updates and even worse, my blue registration certificate which took six months even though it was just a formality, this is nothing.

cr87
Newly Registered

Post by cr87 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Hello :) :)

Any recent experience from last month up to now, at what point you guys had the tracking website showing something ?

Tried all reference I could think of and relevant, nothing shows something for me. Did biometric on 25 Nov.

Read it is a trial/beta service.

Please share :D

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:49 am

baccus99 wrote:
Right wrote:
Well all of it doesn't matter I guess, I also had a dead straight case and had to wait nearly 6 months.

I applied on 9-Jun and only got my decision letters 5 days ago, so imagine what I felt when I saw people getting their decisions after less than 2 months from the application date... And guess what there is a number of people who are waiting way in excess of 6 months with no explanation from the Home Office.

Stop panicking.

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:26 am

cr87 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:51 pm
Hello :) :)

Any recent experience from last month up to now, at what point you guys had the tracking website showing something ?

Tried all reference I could think of and relevant, nothing shows something for me. Did biometric on 25 Nov.

Read it is a trial/beta service.

Please share :D
yes is BETA service i do biumetric 17/11/2017
I can’t see !!!!

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:34 am

baddy wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:45 pm
baccus99 wrote:
Right wrote:
Your case is roughly 3 months ... I think you should just wait and be patient. Different cases with different country of origins with different immigration histories and different activities in the UK. All these will be deciding factors.
I am being patient. Just stating that it is a bit disappointing when the initial impetus was incredibly fast: from submitting the application via NCS to receiving acknowledgement letter + biometric enrollment to doing biometrics all within 1 week and then silence.

HarryC

Post by HarryC » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:22 am

My application was applied on 20/07, according to contact centre and on the "beta" trial site, it was decided on 07/11
After 15 working days, still no letter.
Got automated response, that the case still not decided when i chased on 10th working days.

So, the status doesnt mean anything on the site.

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Out of interest, can I ask how many of you did not receive a confirmation e-mail as part of their application and still had their cases decided within less than say 3 months?

I never received a confirmation e-mail and it appears that even though my application is super straight forward (EEA PR, same job for the last 6 years), it is taking longer to be decided than other people's who have applied around the same time or even later than me.

I know the timeframe is nothing unusual yet, but I am wondering whether no confirmation e-mail might mean older, less tech-savvy and slower case worker?

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:03 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:03 pm
Out of interest, can I ask how many of you did not receive a confirmation e-mail as part of their application and still had their cases decided within less than say 3 months?

I never received a confirmation e-mail and it appears that even though my application is super straight forward (EEA PR, same job for the last 6 years), it is taking longer to be decided than other people's who have applied around the same time or even later than me.

I know the timeframe is nothing unusual yet, but I am wondering whether no confirmation e-mail might mean older, less tech-savvy and slower case worker?
there seems to be no consistency at all with the process. I.e.: I received the email notification on 01/09 that application was received and being considered. That also included confirmation of money taken out, together with the request to go and do biometrics. All this within 1 week of applying via NCS.
I can see others have not received even the initial email, some have, some have received the acknowledgement letter and confirmation of money taken, but then they have not received the biometric request. I all seems they work as they please, anyone follows different rules...

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:03 pm

The key question is whether you received the biometrics request. As long as you have and you know your case reference number - you are good. The email confirmation is really the only thing HO does "electronically" when it comes to communicating with you, unless you initiate the exchange of emails where they usually tell you to write snail mail instead. Annoying in the 21st century and in the 1st world country, but we just have to live with it I guess...

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:12 pm

Yes, I did receive the biometrics letter together in one envelope with the confirmation letter, which is also unusual when compared to other members, but I don't mind.

I just can't wait for not having to worry about this constantly anymore. It's more mentally draining than I expected... =(

Thanks for your replies baccus99 & swintooh.

baccus99

Post by baccus99 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:18 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:12 pm
Yes, I did receive the biometrics letter together in one envelope with the confirmation letter, which is also unusual when compared to other members, but I don't mind.

I just can't wait for not having to worry about this constantly anymore. It's more mentally draining than I expected... =(

Ok and you're welcome buddy! Good to know you got the biometrics letter at the same time. Some people have some haven't.

U9060800
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by U9060800 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:48 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:12 pm

It happened to me too - i received biometrics letter along with confirmation letter in one envelope.

neyaz
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by neyaz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi guyS,
How I can check my application status please

ess212
Newly Registered

Post by ess212 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:15 pm

neyaz wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:41 pm
Hi guyS,
@neyaz

Here's the link: https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

akz

Post by akz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:13 pm

neyaz wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:41 pm
Hi guyS,
A new online service which is great as I won't be anxious about the post every single day

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Still in beta, and it seems like applications done in less than 4 weeks might not be traceable yet.

by, member/rafabeton/
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

ddkuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ddkuk » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:54 pm

It's untraceable even after 4 weeks. I applied on 26th Oct. No status yet !!

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:49 pm

for anyone who has just received an approval letter and about to attend the ceremony..just thought about these useful links

british-citizenship/citizenship-ceremon ... 79558.html

british-citizenship/jcap-passport-after ... 42408.html

and finally the below link (once HMPO has been notified)
https://passportofficeforms.service.gov ... ation.ofml

Then the worst ever delivery company will be trying to deliver your passport or even trying to get in touch with you if you miss your delivery (they mainly send a letter rather than a card posted to you few days after their 1st attempt, and not even the day after which is annoying)
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

Ekaterinas2016

Post by Ekaterinas2016 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi guys,
Date of my application is 4th of October 2017
Additional documents requested 14th of November
I have sent the documents to them on 22d of November 2017
The status of application changed to "Decided" today
Waiting is just unbearable
If only my application could be straightforward, but it's not
So I am very anxious and thinking about how will I cope with refusal if it comes